Maximum Privacy warning. How do you get rid of it?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
JohnF
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 Polo SE 95

Maximum Privacy warning. How do you get rid of it?

Post by JohnF »

21 Polo query.
Despite numerous attempts to get rid of this annoying screen message which is there at every start up (photo), I have failed to come up with a solution as to how to prevent it appearing in the first place (it needs to be cancelled every time)

I did at one time have the WE Connect on my phone to "register" but it made a complicated scenario even more so so I gave up on that and deleted the app.
I have tried each of the 4 privacy settings (photo), yet still a message is there.

I did ask the dealer to fix this when it was in for service, but they did nothing. Why have VW introduced this ridiculously complex system when it seems even the dealer is at a loss?

The problem was NOT there when the car was new, so I've no idea why it appeared.

Logically there should be an option in the settings to turn the warning off, but I've failed to find it.

Has anyone had this issue, and if so did you fix it and how?
privacy#2 (1 of 1).jpg
privacy#2 (1 of 1).jpg (416.42 KiB) Viewed 811 times
privacy#1 (1 of 1).jpg
privacy#1 (1 of 1).jpg (444.72 KiB) Viewed 811 times
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Re: Maximum Privacy warning. How do you get rid of it?

Post by Maarten »

You have to use the we-connect app again and add a user.
Sometimes it takes overnight before you can logon.
Had the same issue in my polo (my2022)
JohnF
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 Polo SE 95

Post by JohnF »

Thanks for the tip, though rather reluctant into getting back into all the We Connect stuff when I don't actually want it. I do agree though that it's probably related to We Connect as the problem wasn't there when I bought the car, and occured after (I think) I installed We Connect, which I subsequently removed when I decided it was just too complex and unnecessary

I assume you didn't find any setting option amongst all those horrendously complicated menus to just turn it off?!
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

If you go into settings and users, are you signed in at all? If so, it may come off when you sign out. Otherwise you may just be best logging in, connecting to WeConnect then not using the app.