Post by gtsportms »

ciclo wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:20 am 1K8 919 527 B

The Price is 282 Euros..
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Scirocco Extra Instruments on Polo 6R

Post by ciclo »

It is a price to consider, however the passion has no limits in this regard.
For example, the work that did the video owner has a great value (at least for me), the price? it does not make sense to ask.

Long ago, a German forum user (polo6rfreunde), Holger, also installed some additional instruments, but he did it under the climatronic, in the center console, it was a somewhat more retro style, but the whole view was very good.
I no longer have the images, or the link, a pity.
cheba
Silver Member
Drives: Polo R WRC 2014

Post by cheba »

ciclo wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:46 am
All WRCs (2500) have BCM Max from the factory. 7H0937090B

Only --- there is some exception --- the 6R WRC have the instrument cluster CAN lines from the factory, ... direct from BCM to IC (b54/b57 to 28/29).
This can not be seen in any available w. diagram (elsawin, erWin). You know, the obligation of VW is to hide the information, and ours find out. :lol:

In the rest of 6R the CAN lines that reach the instrument cluster are those of the power train.
I never realized that the BCM in the WRC was the BCM Max. But looking back in your thread, you are right about the 7H0937090B being the BCM Max (though I see you've already moved on to 7E0937090C :D ). Well, I guess if I didn't have a BCM Max already it would never have been possible to retrofit the Auto/CH/LH lights, which you helped me with a couple of years back :wink:

It sounds like the situation is the same as for the MFA-CS: it is connected to the powertrain CAN in most Polos, but not in the WRC because of the different cluster. Like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whUKoo5-9hY . Instead he connects the CAN lines either at the Soundaktor control unit connector (according to video) or the headlight levelling control unit (description below video).

So I guess the extra gauges show the same boost pressure signal as the MFA-CS, which is incorrect when running tuning software.
ciclo wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:58 pm It is a price to consider, however the passion has no limits in this regard.
For example, the work that did the video owner has a great value (at least for me), the price? it does not make sense to ask.

Long ago, a German forum user (polo6rfreunde), Holger, also installed some additional instruments, but he did it under the climatronic, in the center console, it was a somewhat more retro style, but the whole view was very good.
I no longer have the images, or the link, a pity.
The problem as I see it, is that for those 282€ you get extra instruments which look cool, but which aren't accurate. If you want accurate values, you still have to install a mechanical boost gauge in addition to this cluster. And then you end up with two different gauges showing different boost pressures... my OCD can't take that :evil:

What I'd like to do is get one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-Polo-6R-52mm ... SwPK1ZQuXe and install a matching boost gauge (like the NewSouth Golf R boost gauge, a shame it only comes with psi and not bar...) in the left side air vent. The air vent gauge pod come in both LHD and RHD versions which I think will also fit in the two air vents in the center console, if one wants more gauges (EDIT: it won't fit), shapes are different. Plus, it's a non-permanent mod.

Of course one can use some kind of universal gauge holder and fit them in the center console below the Climatronic. However that placement is more suitable for temperature gauges than pressure gauges (pressure gauges must be able to be read quickly while driving and keeping your eyes on the road).
z3dulik
New
Drives: 6

Post by z3dulik »

hello, I have installed the instruments on another car, a passat b6 pd engine, all works except boost. There is a module,do I need to change ecu or there is something else?
Abime75
New
Drives: polo V

Post by Abime75 »

Thanks a lot :D :D