Bonnet

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
silver38
New
Drives: GTi+

Bonnet

Post by silver38 »

Anyone fitted a gas bonnet strut?

If so any details of fitting and parts.

Thanks
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Bonnet

Post by SRGTD »

silver38
New

Post by silver38 »

Thanks for the link SRGTD.

I was hoping for UK supplier and some details of the struts.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

UK supplier below. Search on ‘VW Polo AW gas bonnet strut kit’ (Google is your friend 😉) and I dare say there’ll be other UK suppliers.

https://diversionstores.co.uk/products/ ... models-mk6

Contact details are on their website if have any queries or want any more information.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Wow its been a while since I installed them! Thanks for linking to the threat SRGTD.

@silver38 - Diversion stores do have a lot of supplies for the Polo AW/GTI, just a word of warning though. They're overpriced. They buy most of their products from other sources and just up the cost. I've also had to wait quite a long time for delivery. I had no issues using AliExpress and the delivery times were decent (that was 2020, so things might have changed now).

In terms of quality, the struts have held up well. They do creak a bit, but for £20 they do the job. :)
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

@S_94 - I remembered you fitting them so finding the discussion thread was fairly easy using the forum’s advanced search facility 🙂.

Agree that Diversion Stores won’t be the cheapest - they were the top of the list of results from a quick Google search I did hence why I posted the link to their website. Forum member @silver38 was specifically interested in UK sellers and I’m sure I’ve also seen bonnet struts suitable for the AW model Polo on the likes of eBay and Amazon - ordering from there might be a bit quicker than from AliExpress, but you’d probably end up paying more.
silver38
New

Post by silver38 »

Thanks SRGTD and S_94 for your help with this.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

silver38 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:03 pm Thanks SRGTD and S_94 for your help with this.
You’re very welcome. Hope you managed to find what you wanted at a reasonable price.