Air Conditioning upgrade

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
DzieX
New
Drives: VW Polo AW

Air Conditioning upgrade

Post by DzieX »

Hi, does anyone tried upgrading air conditioning to climatronic in VW Polo AW (2018)?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Air Conditioning upgrade

Post by SRGTD »

I think it’s a big job and would be expensive too - see discussion thread at link below.

IMHO it’d be more cost effective to find a car with dual zone climate control rather than try and upgrade the air con in your current car.

viewtopic.php?t=72253
DzieX
New

Post by DzieX »

I've done similar things in older cars - dashboard needs to be removed but it's not a big deal for me. Just wanted to ask what parts I need to buy before. Compared ETKA diagrams and I can't see difference.The thing I worry the most is component protection and recoding of modules because there little info about that in internet.
Last edited by DzieX on Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

I don't think the aircon has CP. If you already have aircon, it's probably just the heater part and all associated sensors and actuators that need changing.
And with heater parts, I mean the air housing, ventilator, panel, etc.
DzieX
New

Post by DzieX »

I saw there are two versions - with aditional electric heater or not. I was also wondering if there are any necessary changes under the hood, but I don't think so. Also wonder if heater box is universal and allow to add flap motors or need to be replaced. I think I'll start with looking for parts which fit to my year, because I saw ETKA show at least three changes over years. I'll look also for good heater box photos to compare.
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Post by ad_182_uk »

Pretty sure if you go from none digi to digi air-con you need looooads of extra sensors so have to rip it all out cus thats how it keep it at X degrees and motors to control the speeds and flaps etc.
DzieX
New

Post by DzieX »

Yep, I know that - all are listed in ETKA in one picture. What ETKA doesn't show is how similar is heater box in manual and digital version. But I guess it'll be better to find a car for parts and buy everything at once. That won't be easy.