Brake light sensor issue

Forum to discuss the Seat Ibiza
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Brake light sensor issue

Post by RUM4MO »

It would be good if someone with this problem actually resolved, ie fixed it and came back with what had caused this problem.

I've seen many SEAT Ibiza owners complaining about this - but no one has returned and said what the root cause of this fault was.

I'm guessing it is a wiring problem where this brake switch wiring passes over the bolt on the chassis leg area, especially for the cars that end up with the brake lights stuck ON and remaining on after the connector has been unplugged from the (hall effect) switch on the brake master cylinder.
sanamkali
New
Drives: --------

Re: Brake light sensor issue

Post by sanamkali »

RUM4MO wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:43 pm It would be good if someone with this problem actually resolved, ie fixed it and came back with what had caused this problem.

I've seen many SEAT Ibiza owners complaining about this - but no one has returned and said what the root cause of this fault was.

I'm guessing it is a wiring problem where this brake switch wiring passes over the bolt on the chassis leg area, especially for the cars that end up with the brake lights stuck ON and remaining on after the connector has been unplugged from the (hall effect) switch on the brake master cylinder.
Hey, I've noticed this too! It's baffling how no one's shared the fix yet.WhatsApp Blue Maybe it's time for some detective work to crack this wiring mystery? Let's brainstorm solutions together!