RCD200 poor reception

Discuss In Car Entertainment
LittleBlue56
New
Drives: Polo Mk4 9N BUD

RCD200 poor reception

Post by LittleBlue56 »

Hi All,

My wifes 56 plate polo had developed very poor radio reception recently. RCD200 unit, completely standard.

It will sit on the drive for several minutes after initial start up with no issues but after a couple of miles on the move the reception across all FM and AM stations starts to become very poor.

Stopping, powering down and restarting achieves nothing.
Manual tuning also achieves nothing.

Going back to it a day later, will be the same, ok for first 5 mins then deteriorated to just about unlistenable after 10 mins or so.

Weve fitted a new stubby aerial, did not improve, removed the HU and checked all connections, all ok.

The CD is fine, speakers are fine, it turns on and off fine.

Is there a signal amp anywhere i can replace ??

Ive seen somewhere that the centre pin on the HU aerial output should have a voltage going back up to the stubby aerial, if this is correct what should the voltage be please ??

Any thoughts or assistance would be appreciated, she threatening to buy a new car !!! :(
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Re: RCD200 poor reception

Post by CarbonChaos »

When you say ' Weve fitted a new stubby aerial, did not improve, removed the HU and checked all connections, all ok.' do you mean the Ariel mast (screw on piece) or the complete unit on the roof ?
If this were mine i would replace the aerial base unit first job and check for corrosion on the cable to the front ?
LittleBlue56
New
Drives: Polo Mk4 9N BUD

Re: RCD200 poor reception

Post by LittleBlue56 »

Hi CarbonChaos

Just the stuby, ill look into replacing the base unit as well thanks