Strange Noise from the Right Speaker (Focal ISVW165)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Toscani07
New
Drives: Polo 6C

Strange Noise from the Right Speaker (Focal ISVW165)

Post by Toscani07 »

Hello,

I have bought a set of Focal ISVW165 two months ago and during this period I have noticed that one of them is making a strange noise when I play music, especially from the right speaker.

My first guess was that something is touching the speaker and creating this strange noise but I have noticed that even with the speaker out of the socket,
it still makes the noise so I don't think is touching anything on the door panel.

I have reported the issue to Focal and I am hoping for an answer from them but I did not get anything for the last week.
I was thinking I can ask here to see if some of you might be able to help me out with this problem.

I will attach a video and hopefully the noise can be heard.

I had to resize it quite a bit to reach the 1.9mb so I hope the file is correct.

Thank you very much for the help!

I have attached the video on this link :

https://vimeo.com/822004207
Silver Member
Drives: Cross Polo 1.2TSI 2017

Re: Strange Noise from the Right Speaker (Focal ISVW165)

Post by 2226 »

Probably damaged the spider under the cone.
Look under the cone, there is a wave-like membrane. See if that's still attached or too loose. Also see if the wires coming through the spider rattle against something when playing.

Or it's just trying to play too low a frequency than it is meant to do.
Do these have a passive crossover or low pass filter built into them? Look near the connections and see if there is some sort of capacitor. Would think Focal would be filtering.