Patil's T-roc 2020 1.5Tsi evo+Dsg7 RHD

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
patil
Silver Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Re: Patil's T-roc 2020 1.5Tsi evo+Dsg7 RHD

Post by patil »

Log#16

New rear AC vents with type A+type C charging ports. Plus, front 12v charging socket with illumination.

From factory there was single, non illuminated 12v charging socket both at rear and front.

New AC vent with charging ports for rear( OEM for Chinese market)

New illumination ring for front 12v charging socket (OEM)

I had to dismantle the whole central console for this mod.

The wiring kit sent was not perfect, I had to modify it. The aditional wire for illuminated type C charging port was missing, also the 4 pin red connector was incorrect, had to modify that too.
I tapped the KL 58d ambient light signal from PDC button connector.

Result:

Phone charging is equally fast from both type C and type A ports. 👌 I will transfer the 12v socket from stock rear AC vent to boot later, where it will be more useful :wink:
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Brilliant! so you will have all the models of charging plugs/ports.👌
ag69
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2TSi 77Kw 7DSG

Post by ag69 »

very nice doctor!!
spajk
New
Drives: T-Roc 2022 1.5 A/T

Post by spajk »

patil wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:55 pm Log#4

Direct TPMS:

I bought the full kit from AliExpress.

The Tiguan bracket was bought long ago when I installed direct tmps in my Polo6R but I didn't used it in my Polo. Now it will come handy in T-roc installation.

Also, I didn't install replica sensors from AliExpress(5Q0907275B). I bought newer version OEM sensors( 5Q0907275F) purchased from eBay. I will keep the AliExpress sensors as backup.

I bought MQB canbus adapter for tapping the Canbus lines for the installation.

Wiring scheme:

1) +30 from new fuse holder
2) Ground: Any near by ground point. I connected to ground hub near left tail light.
3) Canbus extented High&Low: Gateway adapter (T20,17/7)

Coding: Copy/ pasting from Master Ciclo's post here for sake of completion.
viewtopic.php?p=552256#p552256

Code: Select all

Direct TPMS

Address 19:
 Installation List, enable Address 65

Adaptation
 SECURITY ACCESS ---> 20103
 Installation list: specified installations-Tire Pressure Monitoring 1,Not coded ,32 (coded)

Indirect TPMS deactivation / Direct TPMS activation

Address 17: Instruments 
 Coding
 Byte4 Bit0 (disable)
 Byte3 Bit7 (enable)
 Byte11 Bit2 (enable)

Address 03: ABS Brakes
 Coding
 Byte27 Bits 4/5/6 (disable)
 Byte28 Bit7 (disable)

Address 5F: Information Electr.
 SECURITY ACCESS---> 20103
 Adaptation
 Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-tire_pressure_system_0x07_msg_bus,Suspension data bus ,64  (Databus extended)

RDKS editor / VCP 
 Generate and load zdc file (comfort/standard/fully loaded
Pictures of installation:

Such an error will hang if we supply+15 instead of +30 to the TPMS module by mistake. :mrgreen:

I simultaneously did the wiring for BSD radars, details of which I will share little later. :wink:
Hello Patil, do you maybe still have the link from AliExpress for the kit?
Or do you think it is better to buy the parts separately?
I have found 5Q0907275F OEM sensors on ebay. The price is between 85 and 110 euros for 4pcs. Some have orange color and some back? How do I know it is not a replica? The module is 5Q0 907 273 or 273B? Is it OEM? Do I need to check something if it will be compatible with my T-Roc? What about the wires and the MQB canbus adapter? You also bought it on AliExpress? Do you have a link?

I am also looking for the washing fluid sensor kit on AliExpress but I can't find it. Do you have a link?

Btw, respect for all the ugrades!
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

If the sensors have 'VW AG' writing on the identification they are original. For example, the orange ones in Patil's images.
However, replica sensors/valves or from other brands work just as well as the originals.

The TPMS units can only be original, SW: B or F and HW: 5Q0 907 273

Sensors F and B work correctly with TPMS units 'F as B' interchangeably.
Everything here is programmable, parameterizable and/or flashable, but it is always preferable to have updated electronics, ie buy F instead of B, both sensors and TPMS unit.

Notes:
- Normally, tire workshops have programming tools for sensors for all brands of vehicles.
- The sensors/valves have an internal battery that is said to last between 5 and 10 years... It is convenient to change them when changing tires during that interval.
- It is also convenient to have a sensor/valve more stored in case of incidents.😊 ... and not be in trouble for a simple sensor/valve.
fluidicjoy
New
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI 6 Speed Automatic (09G)

Post by fluidicjoy »

From the combined experiences of me and a few of my friends who have purchased TPMS kits, sensors from Aliexpress, there are quite a few knockoff sensors on Aliexpress, which are nearly 1:1 in appearance to an original TPMS sensor. Replica sensors have every line of text you'd expect on an original sensor e.g. VW AG, HUF etc. but they did not always seem to work in a similar manner :cry: .

The most notable and traumatic difference was with respect to how easy or difficult it was to pair them. An original set of sensors should pair with the TPMS module within a few minutes of driving, while some aftermarket sensors just refuse to get auto detected. They needed to be manually paired by matching the sensor ID and physical location e.g. Left Front, Right Front etc. by determining the sensor's actual ID.

Here is a picture of my the factory TPMS sensor present on my father's Tiguan, which I clicked when I was swapping the tyre due to a bulge. This sensor was black in colour, making me believe factory 5Q0 sensors perhaps came in both Black and Orange.
IMG_20220901_105205.jpg
IMG_20220901_105205.jpg (4.31 MiB) Viewed 8899 times
Thanks to the great culture on this forum, I am inching closer to starting a thread on my father's car with every passing day.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Yes, the factory 5Q0..B sensors on my Passat were indeed also black.
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

ag69 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 10:55 am very nice doctor!!
ciclo wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:04 am Brilliant! so you will have all the models of charging plugs/ports.👌
Thank you :D
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

hello spajk,

Experts have already given their opinion above. I just like to add the links which you've asked for.

Canbus adapter:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOdo35K

Tpms kit
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msGtQcU

Whether you buy full kit or only sensors from AliExpress/China.. you'll invariably get replica sensors. The AliExpress seller from whom I bought the kit, he himself told me thats the sensors are not original, but are of high quality and will work fine.

Original sensors:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/155297197284?m ... &media=SMS

If you prefer to install genuine tpms sensors then you'll have to buy all parts seperately, that would be little costlier. I bought full kit + extra genuine sensors so that I would have few sensors/valves as back up.

Tiguan Tpms module bracket (5N0907538) I will recommend to buy it, it will be easier to mount tpms module with this bracket with little modifications.

Washer fluid sensor kit
https://a.aliexpress.com/_ms0ZlSc

I hope links will be helpful to you. 👍
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Making some slow progress during hot summers :mrgreen:

Got painted OEM PLA brackets, sensors & OEM rear door kessy handles from my dealer. The paint job done has exceeded my expectations 8)

ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Keyless Entry To REAR DOORS
In case you need it, here is this super tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOQrxpXXCC8 💎

In the video description you have videos of some tests and how to code the Kessy rear handles.😎
spajk
New

Post by spajk »

patil wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:28 pm hello spajk,

Experts have already given their opinion above. I just like to add the links which you've asked for.

Canbus adapter:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOdo35K

Tpms kit
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msGtQcU

Whether you buy full kit or only sensors from AliExpress/China.. you'll invariably get replica sensors. The AliExpress seller from whom I bought the kit, he himself told me thats the sensors are not original, but are of high quality and will work fine.

Original sensors:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/155297197284?m ... &media=SMS

If you prefer to install genuine tpms sensors then you'll have to buy all parts seperately, that would be little costlier. I bought full kit + extra genuine sensors so that I would have few sensors/valves as back up.

Tiguan Tpms module bracket (5N0907538) I will recommend to buy it, it will be easier to mount tpms module with this bracket with little modifications.

Washer fluid sensor kit
https://a.aliexpress.com/_ms0ZlSc

I hope links will be helpful to you. 👍
Thank you patil and ciclo and everyone who answered.
I have ordered the original control unit and sensors (both newest version), also I ordered the Tiguan bracket and wireing from aliexpress.
I have also some other components waiting for upgrade. I will do everything together so I don't have to take the car apart many times. I have some questions:

1) for all the upgrades that you do, do you recommend to disconnect the car battery(negative pole) or maybe just the fuse from the part I will be working on? Will I cause a lot of errors if I disconnect the battery?
2) I have ordered all the connectors wires and OEM fuse holder parts to make the additional fuses OEM style: viewtopic.php?p=574274#p574274
In ciclos post the whole fuse board is taken out. I assume I don't have to do that? I can do it all from bellow, it will just be a little tight. Should I disconnect the car battery when doing this? I want to avoid a lot of errors, reseting and calibration afther that
3) if I don't do the additional fuses, can I connect the TPMS to some existing fuse?
4) do I have to install the TPMS control module, outside the car, back right side, like on tiguan, or can I maybe install it inside the car and hide it somewhere bellow the steering wheel? So that I don't have to run all the cables from the inside to outside? Because it is not clear to me where and how do I get the cables from inside the car to outside.
I have also found this manual:
https://www.vwtiguan.org/697/tire_press ... ation.html
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

It is recommended to disconnect the Battery Negative whenever you install new wires in the car.
If you disconnect the Negative battery cable correctly, an infinity of DTCs are generated in almost all units, the instrument panel looks like a Christmas tree. Just take a walk (250-500m) to have all sensors recalibrated, clear all DTCs (VCDS, VCP, ODIS, 11, etc), ignition OFF/ON, and everything is back to normal. Easy. :)

I have never removed the fuse box from my wife's Golf, I bought a used one from eBay to study it, and thus FEED my dreams. :lol: 🧙‍♂️

You can power your TPMS unit from another +30 fuse. You must take into account not to overload the chosen electrical line that feeds other devices. However, it is better to create a new line with a new fuse.

I do not know if the signals from the TPM sensors would correctly reach a TPMS unit installed inside the cabin.
The TPMS unit should be positioned/installed slightly to the right and preferably at the rear of the vehicle so that it knows how to differentiate the distances of the signals received from each TPM sensor and so which wheel each is, although I'm not sure if this could be an urban legend 😁.
Better read pg 31-35 of this vw SSP. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2nv91 ... ydiHcQhWuA (or other SSPs).

The way I installed my TPMS units (6R, Golf) everything works correctly, that is, if I inflate the left front wheel, the pressure of the left front wheel rises on the screens (IC, HU_AID). ... and the sensors are detected very quickly.🚀
spajk
New

Post by spajk »

Thank you. I have ordered a used fuse box for 16 euros to practice :)
Also I was looking for some parts in the Dlinker1 from ifinterface. And I found the parts for the light bar that goes left and right of the VW emblem on the front grille. I know some people don't like the light bar, but I like it.
The part numbers are 2GA941653A and 2GA941654A. I found some new OEM on ebay. Prices are 80-90€ x 2 (left and right). My T-Roc has a Style package, but no IQ lights. So on the front grille there are chrome trims instead of the trims with the LED light bars. I assume I could remove the chrome trim and insert the trim with the light trim from ebay?
I would probably need some wires and connectors? I searched AliExpress and Google but couldn't find anything. As far as I see, you don't need coding for the light strips...
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

The Light conductors for contour lighting in radiator grille are associated with 8IV 8IU LED headlights, if you have standard 8IT LED headlights, they may not have the necessary pins (3,7,8,12,13) in the T14 connectors.
Difficult to know because the electrical configuration of the 8IT LED headlights of the year 2022 has changed compared to the year 2019.
Maybe you have to do some kind of trick to make them work...

---