Loom wires Automatic lights BCM

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
CoflaVW
New
Drives: polo 6r is a 2010C

Loom wires Automatic lights BCM

Post by CoflaVW »

Good afternoon
First of all I introduce myself properly I am coflaVW and I am a fan of Volksvagen
I am from Chile and as a hobby I entertain myself updating my VW which is a PQ25 platform from 2011

I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong place.
I am using the google translator since I understand English but I don't write it.

Here in Chile it is difficult to retrofit the people's response is you can't or you're crazy, it looks bad, blablabla
They make me want to do things more and show that everything is possible when there is desire, affection and information and most importantly support
When there are people like you who have the desire and love for their cars and share their wisdom and help each other
in this great forum.

I was already able to make some improvements always doing them in an OEM way.
Install original steering wheel with your OEM steering wheel controls
I changed the instrument panel for the most complete one [Remaining a few small details that with the new updates should be 100%]
Install hood open sensor
Install Windshield Washer Water Level Sensor.

Before going to the point I would like to kindly ask for your help and support and knowledge in a new update that has been done several times in your forum
so I could read days and days of reading.
many pages of the same in which I always see Mr. Ciclo and also iichel who give a lot of support and collaboration
in your forum

I need to get in touch with Ciclo or iiche or someone who would like to help me with the retrofit of the lighting system of my VW
I am putting together the necessary pieces little by little and getting them all together to be able to make the updates.
My VW has this BCM 6R7937087H from the factory and I already have the 7H0937090D in my hands, which is the most complete BCM, not installed yet.

- My VW does not have OEM installed the RLS {rain light sensor} is the first thing I should install because of the comments I have read
- Then install the new BCM 7H0937090D, with the 2 CanBus signal cables to the instrument panel.
- Then the Update of the lighting cables to connect to the BCM [my original lighting does not connect through the BCM
I need loom wiring, BCM automatic lights } I couldn't find who sells it {Ciclo only sold it for a while} that would make this update a bit easier
- From fabric I have installed the dimmer switch

Someone from the forum who can help me sell looms wiring, Automatic lights BCM for my version of VW or can help me how to make it myself or
the part numbers of the new relay holders or the different types of dupont connectors that are used for the connections and that I have to alter in my original installation

I thank those who took the time to read this request for help....
I hope to have some contact from you
I couldn't find Ciclo's o iiche private email no matter how much I searched
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Loom wires Automatic lights BCM

Post by iichel »

I guess the first and most important question is, how capable are you with doing retrofits?
Are you able to read wiring diagrams and distillate all needed info?
Are you able to make your own wirings?
Do you have a system like VCDS to make changes to the codings and adaptations of your car?

Or do you need very detailed instructions on what to do and are you not able to work (semi-) independently?
CoflaVW
New

Post by CoflaVW »

iichel wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:07 pm I guess the first and most important question is, how capable are you with doing retrofits?
Answer.- I am quite capable of making modifications, I have the patience and the desire, I have always achieved them with effort and perseverance.

Are you able to read wiring diagrams and distillate all needed info?
Answer.- It is hard for me to read Flowcharts but I can manage

Are you able to make your own wirings?
Answer.- If I have the pinouts and the guides well detailed, I can do the detail of why I want to echo the wiring looms, Automatic lights BCM that you had at the
The sale is because the connectors and the relays and relay holders come practically ready {the same as the originals} I do not have a part number for the spare parts of the relay holders
or the models of the dupon connectors and plugs of the wiring looms to do the retrofit.

I have the interior light dimmer and front fog lights installed from the factory

Do you have a system like VCDS to make changes to the codings and adaptations of your car?
Answer.- Yes. alternative version 23.3

Or do you need very detailed instructions on what to do and are you not able to work (semi-) independently?
Answer.- Generally I do things independently when I am beyond me and I have searched a lot and I ask for help.
In the same way, having well-detailed instructions eliminates the margin of error (I think)

The problem is going to be another one, my vehicle is an Amarok VIN: WV1ZZZ2HZCA026354

The Volksvagen polo and the Amarok share many things and there is the wonderful thing my request for help is because my Volkswagen is an Amarok and there is the biggest problem
I have studied a lot of polo things and the VW Trasporter are almost twin brothers with the Amarok in various electronic things

My problem is that it is an amarok. Retrofit there is very little information except to do what I want to do with this retrofit
I already installed some electric seats from an Amarok V6 ErgoConford and I still have to buy the connection branch for the heated seats and
Seat heater module that is the same as the Polo, they sell it on Aliexpress

I couldn't find the power branch for the electric seats. Meanwhile I have punctured the original cables so as not to cut the original plug
and to be able to move the seats and their regulations

I changed the instrument panel, mine was 2H0 920 853 B, I changed it for this 2H0 920 871 A, I had some details that I think can be fixed with VCDS
I have to install an oil level and quality sensor while deactivating the warning so that it would stop coming out, when I turn on the fog lights I don't have any witness on
the instrument panel or synoptic, I do not have an oil pressure witness or warning and the conford sensor for panel lighting works opposite { when the light hits it, the lighting of the instrument panel increases
And when it's dark, it only lights up the clock hands.... I think that will be solved by retrofitting the lighting and connecting the Canbus signals
to the instrument cluster when you install the new BCM}

I have saved the New BCM, not the one and installed 7H0937090D
I have saved the 5ND 941431 B XSH Switch AND THE PIGTAIL CONNECTOR
(They gave me the mirror and RLS sensor of an Amarok 2020, I don't know if it will be compatible with my Amarok 2011 to 2016 since in the VW Amarok 2020 it has another instrument panel)
I have a mirror and sensor (RLS) from a newer Amarok sensor part 5K7955559C - Volkswagen Rear View Mirror 3G0-857-511-AM or can I install it the same and it will work 100%?
o I have to buy the one that corresponds, which would be this:
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32865781 ... d-973a-408 9-9ef1-d6cdbc0516b5-2&pdp_npi=3 %40dis%21CLP%21166678.0%21166678.0%21%21%21%21%21%40211bf49716871469888878155d07c1%2110000001490144092%21sea%21CL%210&curPageLogUid=0 PWaKxxgh2Y8

I can send photos of what I have done so far and what I have gathered to complete the project or whatever information you need, I am at your service.

I am alone in this adventure because as I told you here in Chile, everyone says it cannot be done and I see that it is possible in other Volksvagens because in this one it is not.
When there are people who want to help or guide you, it can be achieved with effort to reach the goal

For anything like it's an amarok and not a pole, I'll understand if it goes against the principles of the forum to help me
Thank you very much IICHEL for taking an interest in my request for help anyway for anything.
I hope you agree to help me or enlighten me on this path.
Thank you IICHEL
iichel

Post by iichel »

Hello CoflaVW and it's no problem to answer your question.

There are a few problems that you must find a way to get over.
- Like you say, it's an Amarok, not a Polo. Still PQ25, very similar, but not the same.
- You are very far away from us
- ciclo is not selling the wirings anymore for BCM Max retrofit, but he is still the expert on this
- I don't know how to make them
- You will attempt to do two retrofits at the same time - BCM Max and automatic lights.

Some solutions:
First:
For the BCM Max retrofit it's probably best if you obtain the wiring diagrams. You will find them here.
From here it's very important to determine two things:
- What is my car currently equipped with? This will require your effort in making pictures and compare them to the wiring diagram.
This is for all wires from the light switch and dimmer to their endpoints and all external lights and their endpoints.
That's a lot of work. It must apply for every single wire and it must be exact:
All wires from light switch
Front: DRL, low beam, high beam, front fog lights
Rear: license plate lights, reverse light, rear fog light

The indicators, parking lights and brake lights are controlled by BCM anyway. You can leave them out your study. It will save complexity and time.

Here are some schemes:
2009-2015 https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link
2016+ https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BUp_Ih ... drive_link

The next step is to determine how to convert to BCM 7H0 with all lights controlled by BCM, perhaps with the exception of high beams?
So you must get into the wiring diagrams again and determine how this would be in a car with i.e. PR-7L6, start/stop system.
This configuration controls lights via BCM.
BCM 7E0 can also control high beams via BCM, i.e. for high beam assist.

I think you will be able to do a lot of wiring in the area between light switch, fuse box and BCM.
But some will perhaps require you to run wires to reverse light, rear fog light, front DRL, front fog lights, high beams?

The next step is to activate the new configuration in your new BCM. The BCM must be coded to comply with the configuration and desires you have.
The expert on this is also ciclo. If he can help you out with coding, that would be very good.

In the meantime, you must determine if you want to first make the conversion from BCM 087 to BCM 090 and finish that, or to include the automatic lights.
The advantage of combining is, it's more efficient. The disadvantage is, it's more complex.

I hope you understand the systematic approach you must take.
I am sure it is possible in your VW Amarok, the only thing that needs to be able is you, and I hope this post is a good preparation on what to do.
CoflaVW
New

Post by CoflaVW »

iichel wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:59 am Hello CoflaVW and it's no problem to answer your question.

There are a few problems that you must find a way to get over.
- Like you say, it's an Amarok, not a Polo. Still PQ25, very similar, but not the same.
- You are very far away from us
- ciclo is not selling the wirings anymore for BCM Max retrofit, but he is still the expert on this
- I don't know how to make them
- You will attempt to do two retrofits at the same time - BCM Max and automatic lights.

Some solutions:
First:
For the BCM Max retrofit it's probably best if you obtain the wiring diagrams. You will find them here.
From here it's very important to determine two things:
- What is my car currently equipped with? This will require your effort in making pictures and compare them to the wiring diagram.
This is for all wires from the light switch and dimmer to their endpoints and all external lights and their endpoints.
That's a lot of work. It must apply for every single wire and it must be exact:
All wires from light switch
Front: DRL, low beam, high beam, front fog lights
Rear: license plate lights, reverse light, rear fog light

The indicators, parking lights and brake lights are controlled by BCM anyway. You can leave them out your study. It will save complexity and time.

Here are some schemes:
2009-2015 https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link
2016+ https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BUp_Ih ... drive_link

The next step is to determine how to convert to BCM 7H0 with all lights controlled by BCM, perhaps with the exception of high beams?
So you must get into the wiring diagrams again and determine how this would be in a car with i.e. PR-7L6, start/stop system.
This configuration controls lights via BCM.
BCM 7E0 can also control high beams via BCM, i.e. for high beam assist.

I think you will be able to do a lot of wiring in the area between light switch, fuse box and BCM.
But some will perhaps require you to run wires to reverse light, rear fog light, front DRL, front fog lights, high beams?

The next step is to activate the new configuration in your new BCM. The BCM must be coded to comply with the configuration and desires you have.
The expert on this is also ciclo. If he can help you out with coding, that would be very good.

In the meantime, you must determine if you want to first make the conversion from BCM 087 to BCM 090 and finish that, or to include the automatic lights.
The advantage of combining is, it's more efficient. The disadvantage is, it's more complex.

I hope you understand the systematic approach you must take.
I am sure it is possible in your VW Amarok, the only thing that needs to be able is you, and I hope this post is a good preparation on what to do.

Good night Iiche

I hope you are very well and I thank you for the information of the flow diagram and the time you are giving me to help me

Yes ... you are right in all your comments regarding this whole process requires a lot of time and study of the electrical scheme of the lights so I have
to order me first in the way of working as you say well.

I usually like to do things step by step when you can and I think in this case I would convey to start like this.
First update the BCM with the steps indicated below and connect the 2 Canbus signals from the BCM to instrument chart. (1)
Then buy the mirror and anti dazzling with rain and light sensor and just install the esjo with its dazzling anti function (2nd)
and to end make the installation of the light of the light sensor with the update of the branch of lights (3rd)

While together with material and study all the information that can get the subject and clearly see if I can get the Loom Wires Automatic Lights BCM that I am sure
That can help me save some time as it is.

My work form will be the following
I am going to explain how I believe for what is studied that the change of the BCM is made (pre -preparations for the BCM update)
Eye first the Pin out of the BCM 90D to make the comparison
1 ° Make a complete scanner with the VCDs with the original BCM 087 to have the longcode
2 ° Take photos of bits by bits of the settings that BCM 087 has
3 ° Do a SCAner with VCDs in the selection (Application - MAP channel control - Controller Adress 09 - Select Adaptations (I highlight that selection) and that.
4 ° Then I install the BCM 090 and disconnect from the BCM branch the 2 Cambus signal cables that go to the Pin 28 and 29 instrument box
(Because these cables are disconnected when connecting the new BCM?)

and disconnect from the BCM of the white connector (b) the pin 54 and 57. Detail disconnect it at both ends I do not eliminate it to see what happens (because you have to disconnect
That change signal ????? Or do I have to do the Cambus cable from the BCM to the instrument box to connect it?
4th Install BCM 090 and I made a complete scanner with the VCDs with the original BCM 090 to have the longcode
5 ° Take photos of bits by bits of the settings that BCM 090 has
6 ° Do a Scaner with VCDs in the selection (Application - Channel MAP control - Controller Adress 09 - Select Adaptations (I highlight that selection) and that
7 ° Then I enter Module 09 and I begin to take out the modules that I do not have and select the ones I have installed
8 ° Then I go bit by bit reviving the settings to have the same as I had before the change or I can also paste the long -bcm longcode in the new
9 ° Configure the 2 key remote control or keys to work with the new BCM (there are tutorials how to do it and have seen them but I never have it)

If a guide as this one is per cycle (clearly that is compatible Amarok 2011 4x4 mechanical transmission) could follow the step by step and do the branches I ...
Where I would have problems is to make the branch of the relays that sold cycle with the connectors and adapters of the dimmer and the lights.

7H0937089D BCM MAX IN 2010 POLO 6R H7 NON BLUEMOTION. Installation Guide. (Update the same BCM that I want to put)
This person on the forum did the same thing I want to do in the same form of work
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=68980#p514815

https://drive.google.com/file/d/d2nv91y ... n3bt1brvua

When I already install the new BCM and all this in functioning with the MímSMas Configurations that the old one will prepare for the second stage

I'm going to buy the RLS kit (Rain Light Sensor) Retropit
(It has to be the rain sensor kit and rearview mirror light for vw tiguan jetta mk5 golf 6 mk6)

Some of these retrofit must fall with mine since the VW transport is the sister of the Amarok
RLS RETROFIT VW TRANSPORTER T4
https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/threads/rls ... t.1796615/

RLS installation guide {Rain Light Sensor}
DIY RETROFIT OF RAIN LIGHT SENSOR FOR AUTO WIPERS AND HEADLIGHTS ON VW
https://www.myturbodiesel.com/d2/1000q/ ... pit-vw.htm

https://www.rns-systems.eu/en/installat ... and-sights {{Guide Installation of Mirror Rearvisor RLS]

Auto Headlight Retropit. VW Transport. T5 (2010-2015)
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=70736

and I connected only the mirror function
While I continue to gather and study to update the light cables so that they can light automatic
And everything is perfect with the BCM 90D.

I think it would be the correct way to carry this job ... what do you think?
As last do the update of automatic lights and controlled by BCM 90D
(While the BCM 90D is already connected with the same functions as the old one but updated to Max) that you think

I discovered that it is a mirror kit and sensor that they gave me it does not work for me (since the sensor is of rain and no moisture of light)
Mirror and Sensor (RLS) from a Newer Amarok Sensor Part 5k795559c-Volkswagen Rear View Mirror 3G0-857-511-AM does not work for me

I do not know how to communicate with a cycle you may want or can help me in addition to Spain and I think it would be easier for whatever you want to tell me or explain in Spanish
or to be able to speak with the via watsap or video called since we speak the same language
Or maybe cycle can tell me example this is the guide that is pole but it is equal to that of the Amarok of yours or something like that and with that it is a large advance !!!
Your iichel you have how to communicate with the email or some way ...
I don't know how to communicate with him in the forum

Excuse me what I developed in answering iichel
And I thank you again for your help and any comments would thank you very much to continue moving forward in the project
iichel

Post by iichel »

I see you already found the topics with the BCM max conversions, very good.
Read them well, try to understand why each step is taken and see if you think you're capable of doing the same.
Your steps are a good base, yes, if you make a scan, also make a list adaptations of the BCM. VCDS can do this as well.

The RLS retrofit is probably the easiest, you can do that already with your current BCM. It only needs three cables for the electrical part.
The correct sensor is either 5K7 (round bracket) or 1K8 (square bracket) and the 5K7 comes with and without humidity sensor.

I think the best way is to do it as you feel it's right.
You can make it one big retrofit and do it all at once. So RLS, BCM and automatic lights.
Or you can first do the RLS, finish that, then do the BCM and when that is done, do the automatic lights. It's okay either way.
The RLS can be done first or second, the automatic lights must be done after the BCM.

Personally I don't like to share my email address since I don't want to feel like somebody is dependent on me, and it lowers expectations as well.
If you're really stuck and you're desperately waiting for an email from me... that's not good since I have no intention of answering all my mails on short notice.

Regarding ciclo's email address, I will not share it without his explicit permission.
He is currently not very active on the forums for very good reasons and as soon as he deems it's okay to return, I'm sure he will.
He has been a valuable pillar of this community for a very long time.
CoflaVW
New

Post by CoflaVW »

Thank you very much iichel for answering I hope you are super well
Yes, I am a person who seeks a lot of information and studies a lot before doing things and I try to always have a backup for any error, that's why
It was the issue of making all the backups with VCDS and also making the backups of the adaptations before making any modifications.

effectively my work order is going to be
1° update the BCM
2nd The RLS
3° Update the wiring of the automatic lights so that they can be controlled by the BCM

Dear iichel, don't get me wrong, I thought there was a way to write to Ciclo from the same forum, I know you can't and shouldn't share an email if
the person does not share it .... and I'm sorry if my previous comment was misunderstood, I'm sorry :cry:

Yes, I have realized in the more than 100 pages that I have read and translated in the forum that Ciclo is a very valuable pillar and is very participatory and very collaborative and has
much knowledge just like you.
and I really congratulate you.
I hope Cycle is well.

I will be informing you in the forum in this same topic of how I am doing with the first Stage: Update of the BCM

And as I told you, I take things easy and study a lot, but the issue of electrical flow charts uffffff is something I'm not very good at.
but you have to learn and look for information everything can be done I think calmly and with time as you know iichel if in one of those I am lucky and someone from the forum
It tells me this is the same scheme that you have to follow, it would be wonderful :D

I'll tell you how it goes .... thank you very much iichel have an excellent night
iichel

Post by iichel »

Don't worry, I am by no means offended or treated badly.

I think it would be great if you do the retrofit, I'll try to help whenever I can with small things and whenever you have an issue.
And it's good that you think about all the things before you do it. Thank you for sharing and if you take many pictures and write it all down, the next Amarok owner will be very happy.
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

- viewtopic.php?p=530329#p530329

- viewtopic.php?p=528319#p528319

- http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.ph ... eplacement

- viewtopic.php?p=466570#p466570

For help with any problem:

- Autoscan and clear images of the installed parts about which you are asking. On the PQ25 platform, the images are essential, for example, there are different fuse boxes depending on the year or place of production, etc...
- Only ask one question per post. Wait for a response (it is likely that the response will not be immediate). Then you can ask the next question.
I do not guarantee that I can answer all the questions, there are current circumstances that do not allow me to do so.

Any other means of communication other than the forum is not possible, my help is totally altruistic, so it must be shared with all forum users (and the rest of the world).
You can only contact me by private message in the language you prefer, but you must first post your question on the forum.

I just want to be warm and friendly, but sometimes it seems like I'm not. The time we spend on this has to be fun and enlightening.