Polo GTS review by Joe Achilles

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Polo GTS review by Joe Achilles

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Joe just posted a review for the Polo GTS only available in Brazil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwSqh73 ... oeAchilles
Enjoy.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Polo GTS review by Joe Achilles

Post by SRGTD »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:12 pm Joe just posted a review for the Polo GTS only available in Brazil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwSqh73 ... oeAchilles
Enjoy.
Unforunately, not too much of a car review because of the roads and Joe’s time constraints; more like a video of his thoughts on Brazil. Still, it was an interesting watch and thanks for posting it.

Performance wise, a 1.4 GTS is probably pretty close to the 1.5 R-Line that was included in the original pre-facelift Polo line-up at launch back in 2017/2018, but that engine was mysteriously dropped from the Polo without any explanation from VW. I don’t think any 1.5 R-Line models were ever built - at least not for the UK market.

I personally prefer the rear end styling of the Brazil-only Polo GTS to the facelift Polo that most (if not all) other countries get. The Polo GTS gets the rear light clusters and tailgate from the pre-facelift Polo; it also gets a recessed hand hold in the rear bumper for opening the tailgate, so maybe the VW badge doesn’t double up as the tailgate handle like it does in other markets. I also much prefer the matt finish trim on the B pillars and in the bottom rearward corner of the rear doors of the GTS to the glossy piano black trim that we get.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

True, my apologies,the video was more about the place than the car but had already posted here before watcgin it though :)

The same can be said for Polo in South Africa, no 1.5L engines. That said, the T-Cross R Line seems to be the only "Polo" with the 1.5L engine. I suspect it comes down to economics for VW at the end of the day.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:40 pm True, my apologies,the video was more about the place than the car but had already posted here before watcgin it though :)

The same can be said for Polo in South Africa, no 1.5L engines. That said, the T-Cross R Line seems to be the only "Polo" with the 1.5L engine. I suspect it comes down to economics for VW at the end of the day.
No need to apologise - it was an interesting watch 👍.