VW POLO 6R 2009 yellow lightbulb & highbeam indicator after starting the car

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
rlplaya
New
Drives: 6r

VW POLO 6R 2009 yellow lightbulb & highbeam indicator after starting the car

Post by rlplaya »

Hi,

Recently my Polo has started showing yellow lightbulb warning and high beam indicator simultaneously when I start the car. This doesn't occur always, and it usually goes away after I start the car again. Also, the high beam indicator goes away on its own after 10 seconds, or after I turn the high beam on/off ( or when I flash ). When that indicator combination happens, my left blinker on my dashboard starts flashing faster than usual, which tells me there is something wrong on my cars left side. The faster flashing only occurs on the dashboard, the outside blinker(s) work perfectly normal. As I said before, once I turn off/on my car, it usually goes away. I've checked all the lights, and they are all working normally, both interior and exterior ( even with the lightbulb warning indicator on ).

Any suggestions on what should I check? Is it safe to assume that the left high beam bulb is dying, or is there specific explanation why is high beam indicator showing that the high beams are on, even when the light switch position is set to 0.