Reduced Polo range

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Reduced Polo range

Post by brainbow »

Apologies if this has been discussed. Looking tonight at the VW site…

New Match Polo
No 110 bhp engine on any model
No GTI
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Reduced Polo range

Post by SRGTD »

Trim levels and certain engine variants periodically disappearing from the website has happened before at various times. Alternatively - and purely speculation on my part - it could be VW are streamlining the Polo model range either;
  • with the objective of eventually discontinuing the Polo; there’s been no talk of a next generation Polo in the motoring press, other than suggestions there won’t be one whereas with the Golf, after the forthcoming facelift there’s to be an all new next generation (electric) Golf
or
  • to cease production of the Polo model variants with the ‘dirtiest’ - highest CO2 emitting - engines (unlikely? who knows) and offset by building more EV’s to help contribute to an overall reduction in VW’s CO2 emissions
As I’ve said, pure speculation on my part, and it could be VW just working on changes to their website.

Edit; I’ve just had a look at the VW French and German websites. The GTI is still on both and the 1.0 110ps engine variant of the Polo in various trim levels is on the French configurator, so it’s likely VW UK may be in the process of updating Polo content on the UK website, unless both French and German website content is yet to be updated to align with the UK website……..🤔

If there’s a UK forum member who’s considering buying either a new 110ps Polo or GTI, perhaps they could check the position with their dealer and update this discussion topic?
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

brainbow wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:53 pm Apologies if this has been discussed. Looking tonight at the VW site…

New Match Polo
No GTI
It may be worthwhile giving the dealer a call to find out. From past experience I use the manufacturer website as a reference but always call the sales agent for correct information and up to date pricing.
PO10ASH
Getting There!
Drives: POLO GTI+

Post by PO10ASH »

From my most recent conversation with VW over the phone about looking at a new car there was mention of them not taking any orders for GTI builds. Dealerships will still be recieving them, I think they're just overwhelmed with the demand vs output.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

PO10ASH wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:09 pm From my most recent conversation with VW over the phone about looking at a new car there was mention of them not taking any orders for GTI builds. Dealerships will still be recieving them, I think they're just overwhelmed with the demand vs output.
Makes sense.

VW also stopped taking orders for mk8 performance Golfs when lead times were close to two years due to factors largely outside their control (e.g. Covid, semiconductor shortages, supply chain problems, Ukraine situation). Maybe demand for the 1.0 110ps engine option by UK buyers also currently exceeds VW’s ability to produce them, hence why that engine option isn’t currently available for the Polo.
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Post by Maarten »

brainbow wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:53 pm Apologies if this has been discussed. Looking tonight at the VW site…

New Match Polo
No GTI
On the German site there is a 115hp/85kw engine available.
My guess is that the 110hp/81kw version is discontinued
Maybe emissions?? This one has the EURO6 EA stamp, no idea if the 110hp variant also had this stamp