Polo 6R - Sanket's 1.0 TSI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Polo 6R - Sanket's 1.0 TSI

Post by ciclo »

Thank you for all the information posted in detail, I think it is best to wait for you to receive and install the Dimmer, the lack of the '58d signal' causes some of the faults diagnosed in the Autoscan.
I am keeping an eye on the evolution of this Adaptation to help if necessary, thank you for sharing it.
SanketM
New
Drives: VW Polo 1.0 TSI Highline Plus

Post by SanketM »

Thank you for extending your help, I'll update the thread with the results once I have got the dimmer switch installed.

Regards,
Sanket
MayurS
New
Drives: Polo 6R RHD IND

Post by MayurS »

Thanks, Sanket for explaining everything in detail. I got hold of old axel in local market and was contemplating on installing on my car but wanted to keep my drum brake for some time before switching to rear disk setup.
One more question is it possible to install the old axel along with FAG wheelhub on post 2014 drum brake setup with abs? also is the FAG wheel hub available locally in India ? I'm from Nashik, India
adityagttsi
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GT 1.2 TSI

Post by adityagttsi »

Hello Sanket and Ciclo,

Just for the information I only provided the harness from BCM to Fuse Box, Can bus (BCM to Instrument Cluster), and The harness with red connector.

Sanket apologies for the mistake on my part regarding the dimmer and rear fog lights. Hope that is sorted now.

Also please check the Long Coding as the one mentioned here is different than the provided.

Ciclo it would great if you could help with the long coding in your free time as you are best I know for coding purpose. Just for your information this long coding was used -

3AB02BF848A10000013806307EEB9E9002C0600F608E2101230000010000
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Hi adityagttsi.
Of course, I already provided a 'provisional' BCM coding in a previous post in this thread, but as I already mentioned it is essential that the Dimmer is installed.
The 58 signal (58d) is important for several units/backlighting (has the ability to cause various faults in the diagnosis :)), it has a little 'trick of understanding' when making this BCM Adaptation (High to Max), hence it is essential to install the Dimmer.

For my provisional BCM coding to make sense the appropriate/necessary parts must be installed (correctly), let's wait for a new report to make the necessary adjustments if necessary.
SanketM
New
Drives: VW Polo 1.0 TSI Highline Plus

Post by SanketM »

This update was pending for last two days, I tried to post twice via mobile but I ended up with an expired session and lost the typed content.

MayurS wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:53 am Thanks, Sanket for explaining everything in detail. I got hold of old axel in local market and was contemplating on installing on my car but wanted to keep my drum brake for some time before switching to rear disk setup.
One more question is it possible to install the old axel along with FAG wheelhub on post 2014 drum brake setup with abs? also is the FAG wheel hub available locally in India ? I'm from Nashik, India
Mayur, I had the same plan when I decided to install the older axle, as they were quite new. But unfortunately they don't fit the old axle set up. So you will have to go with the either the old drum set up or rear disc once you install the older axle. You should be easily able to procure those FAG Wheel Hubs in Nasik, If you have any difficulty procuring them locally from within your city then let me know, I'll pass on the number of the guy from whom I got mine.

PS 1: They are now Made in India at their Gujarat plant.
PS 2: The Older axle seems to have a bigger drums compared later models.
adityagttsi wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:44 pm Hello Sanket and Ciclo,

Just for the information I only provided the harness from BCM to Fuse Box, Can bus (BCM to Instrument Cluster), and The harness with red connector.

Sanket apologies for the mistake on my part regarding the dimmer and rear fog lights. Hope that is sorted now.

Also please check the Long Coding as the one mentioned here is different than the provided.

Ciclo it would great if you could help with the long coding in your free time as you are best I know for coding purpose. Just for your information this long coding was used -

3AB02BF848A10000013806307EEB9E9002C0600F608E2101230000010000
Thank you Aditya I had a look at my old coding, it was the one given by Fernando. All seem to work fine with that one too. I have now tried the new one given by you. Just for my knowledge,what is the difference between the two?

Update : With the help of Aditya I have been able to resolve the odd behaviour of the OVRMs. Sometime back I remember trying the OVRM coding from either Govind Sir's or Patil Sir's Auto scan while copying the BCM coding. As soon as I answered that Aditya quickly provided me with the correct coding for the two OVRMs and that fixed the issue. So now all my power windows are working exactly as they are supposed to be.

Once again thank you for your help Aditya and Fernando 🙏.

There has been a delay in shipping the dimmer switch since I plan to get it along with the other parts which I had procured for Rear Disc set up, so the next update might take a while but for sure I'll update the thread with positive results :)

Cheers!
MayurS
New
Drives: Polo 6R RHD IND

Post by MayurS »

Thanks Sanket for detailed explanation.
Last edited by MayurS on Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.