Folding back bench seats down

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Hjc22
New
Drives: 2018

Folding back bench down

Post by Hjc22 »

Hi Guys!

First time posting here :D

I've not long had my new polo (18 reg) but am struggling to work out how to fold the back bench seats so that the back seats lie completely flat when folded down?

It was possible to do in my 1996 and 2007 polo, but I'm really struggling with this new one, and wondering if they have removed this feature?

Thanks in advance!

H
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Folding back bench seats down

Post by SRGTD »

VW did change the design of the folding mechanism for the Polo’s rear seats in the current model car; the rear seat cushions are fixed in place and no longer fold up vertically behind the front seats. The back seat backrest doesn’t lie completely flat when it’s folded because it folds onto the seat cushion and the height of the rear seat cushion is too high for the folded down backrest to be completely flat and level with the boot floor.

This will be like your new car’s load area;
IMG_1521.jpeg
IMG_1521.jpeg (340.29 KiB) Viewed 455 times
I had a 2016 previous model Polo before my 2020 Polo and folding arrangement was different. In tye 2016 car - and I dare say your previous Polos - the rear seat cushions folded vertically up against the backs of the front seats, and the rear seat backs dropped down into the (lower) space normally occupied by the seat cushions. The resultant load space is flat - or virtually flat. Picture below is of a 6c Polo load area;
IMG_1522.jpeg
IMG_1522.jpeg (578.35 KiB) Viewed 455 times
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Folding back bench down

Post by SRGTD »

I’ve replied to your post on the forum board for the AW / BZ model Polo forum where you posted the same question.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

You fold up the bottom part first up ( just put your hands around it slide it towards the drivers and passenger seat direction( to clear the backrest - because it goes under it), than you can fold it up.
Proceed by folding down the backrest.
Hjc22
New

Re: Folding back bench seats down

Post by Hjc22 »

Ah thank you!

I will now stop trying to tear the car apart to get the damn seat cushions to fold up and in! :lol:

Not quite sure how I've now ended up with a bigger car, that doesn't have as much storage space... but there we go, really appreciate the reply!
Hjc22
New

Post by Hjc22 »

Sadly this is no longer the case in the new mks :cry: the seat cushions don't move at all!
Hjc22
New

Post by Hjc22 »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:03 pm I’ve replied to your post on the forum board for the AW / BZ model Polo forum where you posted the same question.
Thank you!

Apologies I wasn't sure which mark the car was, so did both forums, bur that makes total sense on why I've been struggling so much when it was so easy before! Poor marks from VW on design change, but at least my mesh windscreen wiper filter is now removable, so it's not all bad 🤣

Thanks again for your reply, my poor car can stop getting manhandled now! 😊