Confusing climatronic unit on 2021 Polo

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Steve Stacey
New
Drives: 2021 Polo Active

Confusing climatronic unit on 2021 Polo

Post by Steve Stacey »

Hi

Hoping someone can help me understand the “climatronic unit” in my 2021 Polo. I’ve had the car for six months now and still struggling to comprehend. (Manual provides little explanation) I’ve also looked at YouTube but nothing that addresses this issue.

My starting point is my old unit (Golf 2013), which had temperature (hot and cold), fan (strong and weak) and direction.

In short:

1. How do you reconcile use of knob marked auto on left of unit with that on the right? I know left is fan, but there is a temperature component on both.
2. I understand the default is auto regulation, but you can still adjust the knobs with auto displayed etc. Is that right
3. When you press the auto button, the A/C comes on but auto still appears on the display? Is that right?
4. The “LO” appears when fan temperature either below 16 or above and 29.5. Is that right? Assume these come through the vents, when open?
5. Final point is link between the two main knobs and the specific controls above. I understand they relate to locations, windscreen etc, but what happens when none of these are activated? Where does the air go then?

Sorry to be so dumb. Find the whole set up v confusing. Probably just me.

Thanks for your time.
Steve Stacey
New

Re: Confusing climatronic unit on 2021 Polo

Post by Steve Stacey »

IMG_4602.jpeg
IMG_4602.jpeg (2.18 MiB) Viewed 473 times
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

left knob is for left zone tempreature
right knob is for right zone temperature
+ and - are for fan speed
Steve Stacey
New

Post by Steve Stacey »

Many thanks. Still think a few of questions are unanswered. Ie significance of auto etc. (This only shown on left knob)
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Post by CarbonChaos »

The ‘AUTO’ button when active will regulate the desired temperature, ie if you set the right temp to 20 degrees it will monitor the blown air temperature to achieve this constantly adjusting between hot and cold .
As said this is duel zone so you can set each side of the cabin to different temperatures, if this is not wanted and you prefer to use it as a more traditional set up then by using the sync button both temps will be the same, ie if you adjust the right temp the left temp will also adjust.
As for where the blown air goes if no direction is selected I suspect the default is to the screen,just have a play with the settings.
I’m happy to be corrected by a more knowledgeable member
Steve Stacey
New

Post by Steve Stacey »

Thanks. Will have a play around with it.