Finished my dash!

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
dub envy

Finished my dash!

Post by dub envy »

After a week and a half pissing about painting bits silver I have finally finished and got it all in!!

I had to do the ashtray sooooo many times after messing up the laquer the first time, then rubbing it all down, then primered it, then dropped it and chipped the primer, then flated the silver back too much AAAAAGH!! hehehe..

well i think the results were worth it! I used VW Silver Grey.

:D :D

Pretty pleased with it! I have done the internal door handle inserts too, but havent fitted them for the time being..

Still nott too sure if I should do the centre console as well.. :?: :?:

I think I will get another console from a breakers and spray it, so that way if I dont like it I dont have to fit it!

Found this pic on clubpolo which gave me the idea

Looks good, but I think that in silver it may be a little too much... :?
KarlM
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by KarlM »

looking good mate, but get rid of that GT badge - its a bit OTT.

And as regards the centre console... do it!
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Wow, nice work mang.

Big up to DIY jobbies!
nick euro
Bronze Member

Post by nick euro »

dude nice :D
i would agree with KarlM about the badge though
i've done something very similar but i have trimmed mine. not sure about it though at the mo lol

i see you have the same head unit. :D :P nice
dub envy

Post by dub envy »

I gotta say, I quite like the badge.... :?

DIY is the way to go. I paid too many people too much money to do stuff to my Golf, and this time I want to do everything myself to the Polo. I mean, it aint that hard to learn how to do stuff yourself, and you get a whole lot more satisfaction when you know that you did EVERYTHING yourself.

This isnt to say my Golf is a chequebook car. (I need to post up some pics of stuff that I did to the golf... mayb in members rides...)

I think I am gonna do my centre console too. There is a mould line that runs down the side on both sides that can be painted up to to save havig to paint the whole thing.

I fitted my door handle inserts and ally mirror adjusters just now! I think I may give the old thing a scrub up, stick mepolo plates on it and go take me some piccies!!!