Patil's T-roc 2020 1.5Tsi evo+Dsg7 RHD

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
patil
Gold Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Re: Patil's T-roc 2020 1.5Tsi evo+Dsg7 RHD

Post by patil »

Dear Master

I have few questions regarding the adaptations you posted here.viewtopic.php?p=581341#p581341

My T-roc doesn't come with Drive mode selection (FPA), so what all adaptations I need to skip in the list and also you mention down in the list that some of the adaptations are not necessary for multicolour footwell lights, which are those. I just want to test multi colour footwell lights I bought from AliExpress :)
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Copy all the adaptations, that way you already have it adapted for when you install the MODE button (FPA), which is highly recommended mainly due to the INDIVIDUAL MODE in which you can configure your VW to your personal tastes. Although the other MODES are also widely usable.

I remind you that the 10 colors are the ones that my wife and I choose/customise.
On the other hand, easier, there is also a file to load with 30 colors that one of the usual wizards made. I don't have this file, ask Slavik for it if you are interested in the 30 colors.

You can also customize your colors for 10, 20 or 30 colors, review the adaptations in your Diagnostic Protocol.
I preferred to make my own colors because I think that with 10 colors it is more than enough and comfortable to choose (this way I avoid conflicts or conversations of little or no importance with the regular passengers about which color tonality to choose 😅).
dursunust
New
Drives: Polo AW

Post by dursunust »

Hi can you post the link where you got the blind spot kit?
spajk
New
Drives: T-Roc 2022 1.5 A/T

Post by spajk »

I know there are kits on Kufatec, Navistore.it, aliexpress. Search for "T-Roc Side Assist", some people call it also "lane change assist"
patil
Gold Member

Post by patil »

dursunust wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:25 am Hi can you post the link where you got the blind spot kit?
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtbndky

I would suggest to buy 2Q0 radars. There are also 2QD radars for cheaper price. I think 2QD radars are for Chinese market. Also it is not known if it's possible to flash 2Q0 parameters on 2QD radars.
patil
Gold Member

Post by patil »

Wireless charging unit + wiring

Honestly speaking, I don't have a wireless charging phone. But atleast I can offer wireless charging to my passengers :mrgreen:

Wiring scheme:

I will club this installation with other installations which I am planning to execute soon. :wink:
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

The wireless charger is a very useful option in any circumstance.
I upgraded my stupidphone to a wireless charging model, although I believe there are conversion kits for smartphones without wireless charging.
These VW chargers work pretty good and fast, or at least that's my feeling.😊
spajk
New
Drives: T-Roc 2022 1.5 A/T

Post by spajk »

patil wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:01 pm Wireless charging unit + wiring

Honestly speaking, I don't have a wireless charging phone. But atleast I can offer wireless charging to my passengers :mrgreen:

Wiring scheme:

I will club this installation with other installations which I am planning to execute soon. :wink:
Hello Patil.
So the BCM wire is for the wakeup signal. I have been missing this wire. This wire set. Have you made it yourself or did you buy a kit? I all ready have everything but I need to add this extra wire so I am looking for the simplest solution. I have never connected anything to BCM and and I am not familiar with BCM connectors...

Hello Ciclo.
Regarding the charging speed, I can not say, because my keeps "connecting/disconnecting" the charging every second. I assume it is because of the missing wire... I have keyless so that could be it.
patil
Gold Member

Post by patil »

spajk wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:51 am
Hello Patil.
So the BCM wire is for the wakeup signal. I have been missing this wire. This wire set. Have you made it yourself or did you buy a kit? I all ready have everything but I need to add this extra wire so I am looking for the simplest solution. I have never connected anything to BCM and and I am not familiar with BCM connectors...
Hi spajk
I bought the full kit which included the readymade wiring. As you've already done the wiring for wireless charger, just add the remaining wire( 0.35mm2 thickness, MQS pin) to slot 5 of 6pin wireless charging connector.
You can connect the other end of wire to either pin14 C connector of BCM or pin26 of KESSY control module, whichever is convenient for you.

Here is the picture which shows the location of BCM and KESSY control module in your LHD T-roc.

wiring diagram:

Please note: In my RHD 2020 T-roc, the wire which goes from Kessy module t40/26 to BCM C connector t73a/14 is grey/white colour. In your facelift 2022 T-roc, the wire colour may be different or same. I don't have updated wiring diagrams of T-roc, I think master ciclo might have them, please ask him.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

spajk wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:51 am Hello Ciclo.
Regarding the charging speed, I can not say, because my keeps "connecting/disconnecting" the charging every second. I assume it is because of the missing wire... I have keyless so that could be it.
It is convenient not to have any type of metal (metallic pieces) attached to your smartphone (such as holding magnets) or inside the charging compartment. This is a direct cause of keeping a permanent connection and disconnection.

I don't think there are charging problems due to not having connected the cable you refer to, people have these original chargers installed without that cable attached.

Updated diagrams here. viewtopic.php?p=587939#p587939
patil
Gold Member

Post by patil »

Log#17

Wheel well carpet (oem)

For long time the ugly looking exposed metal of spare wheel well bothered me. I was thinking of pasting sound insulating damping sheets to cover the exposed metal area which would also contain the vibrations of helix sub.
But then I stumbled upon a thread in German T-roc forum, where people have installed oem wheel well carpet from Golf7 in their T-roc's with almost perfect fitment. There are 2 different types of carpets.
https://www.t-rocforum.de/threads/koffe ... 756/page-5

5G6 863 007 D CA9 for FWD (deep well)
5G6 863 007 H CA9 for AWD/4 motion ( flat well)

With the help of dear iichel, I got 5G6 863 007 D CA9 for my FWD (deep well) used one in good condition and I refurbished it to excellent condition. Very easy installation, no modification required what so ever, fits perfectly with creases and lines.

Result:
Before

After:

Now everything looks harmonious from front to back and I am very happy with the result.😍👌

Look at the tiny sound insulation sheets VW has put at the corners of wheel well in first photo.. like 2 bikini pieces 🤭
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

It turned out very well, looks good.
From bikini to fleece coat 😊 ... hmm ... to visit the south pole of the moon. 😎 👌
patil
Gold Member

Post by patil »

ciclo wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:30 pm It turned out very well, looks good.
From bikini to fleece coat 😊 ... hmm ... to visit the south pole of the moon. 😎 👌
Ha ha.. you never cease to amaze us with your witty sense of humour😂

Soft landing on south polo of moon is an incredible feat achieved by our ISRO scientists 💎😍.. a small contribution to humankind from this side of the world ☺️🙏
patil
Gold Member

Post by patil »

Log#18

A) Bonnet open gas struts ( aftermarket)
Bought the kit from AliExpress. Quality is good and holds heavy bonnet of my roc very well. Now it's so easy to lift the bonnet. Easy installation, just took 15 minutes to install.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOBVVvG

B) New battery cover.

Old one had become soiled, loose and saggy. Cleaned up the battery and installed new cover

C) ACC retrofit wiring+ PLA front sensors wiring.

As I had to removed the battery out, took the opportunity to route the wires for ACC and front PLA sensors retrofit. The factory rubber seal in firewall for entry for wires into cabin is located behind the battery.

The amount of dust that has accumulated in engine compartment is appalling. 😐
Looks like some kinds of spray coating was done in engine bay previously, which has worsened the situation. Will take engine bay cleanup job sometime soon.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Many adaptations/modifications at once. I like it! 8)

You can use a pressure washer to remove dust from the engine bay.
With patience, you can later apply some type of degreaser with a brush for the most difficult areas and remove excess and dirt with a microfiber cloth.
In case of applying products, do not apply products to make plastics shine, apply products to hydrate plastics.

🙏