Candy 6R

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Re: THE CANDYMAN CAN 2012 POLO MATCH

Post by CANDYMAN »

Im a happy chappie at last :D my Boavista rims turned up today :D just need to put tyres on when i have the cash.
jakovdub
Silver Member

Post by jakovdub »

CANDYMAN wrote:Im a happy chappie at last :D my Boavista rims turned up today :D just need to put tyres on when i have the cash.

how much were the boavistas bud?
KieranLeighton
Bronze Member

Post by KieranLeighton »

Do like the boavistas, try popping down on Friday if you ain't working dude? You going to awesome on Sunday?
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

What time you meet fridays? Do you get standard cars going? Not sure about sunday yet :wink: yeah always loved the boavista rims Will look good when lowered http://forums.topmotors.com/topic/172-2011-vw-polo/ :D
KieranLeighton
Bronze Member

Post by KieranLeighton »

Meet from 7:30 onwards And yeah sure, we have anything from standard lupos to supercharged RS4 turning up, as long as you into vws you will be ok :) plus the lovely weather will get everyone out :)
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Well i just been come back in after detailing my car and i just wanted to let you guys and girls know of a new product i have used and well it left me speachless :shock: i bought it online from these guys http://www.concourscarcare.com/shop#ecw ... t=10112447 it's called dissolver it is a 2 in 1 iron and tar remover. And beleive me i cleaned my car first Autobrite citrus wash, followed by Autobrite magifoam then rinsed off with de-ionised water from my resin pressure vessel, them 2 bucket wash with Autobrite bananna gloss shampoo. Rinsed again with Di water. Then dried with my master blaster :D the car looked spotless then i sprayed the dissolver over the whole car and you start to see purple specks where the dissolver is well dissolving the iron the entire body was peppered with iron deposits. The people with white cars will notice it more by the little orange spots in the paint. Anyway i left it for around 3 to 4 mins then washed off. Now the car is spotless, no orange iron spots and no tar. Get some you won't be dissapointed. :D :D :D

Word of warning it stinks so i wore a breathing mask and nitrile gloves. It is safe on the paint though :D
jimbo_tdi
Bronze Member

Post by jimbo_tdi »

CANDYMAN wrote:Well i just been come back in after detailing my car and i just wanted to let you guys and girls know of a new product i have used and well it left me speachless :shock: i bought it online from these guys http://www.concourscarcare.com/shop#ecw ... t=10112447 it's called dissolver it is a 2 in 1 iron and tar remover. And beleive me i cleaned my car first Autobrite citrus wash, followed by Autobrite magifoam then rinsed off with de-ionised water from my resin pressure vessel, them 2 bucket wash with Autobrite bananna gloss shampoo. Rinsed again with Di water. Then dried with my master blaster :D the car looked spotless then i sprayed the dissolver over the whole car and you start to see purple specks where the dissolver is well dissolving the iron the entire body was peppered with iron deposits. The people with white cars will notice it more by the little orange spots in the paint. Anyway i left it for around 3 to 4 mins then washed off. Now the car is spotless, no orange iron spots and no tar. Get some you won't be dissapointed. :D :D :D

Word of warning it stinks so i wore a breathing mask and nitrile gloves. It is safe on the paint though :D
I might try some of this as I use IronX at the moment and does a brilliant job on the paint work and alloys, but less of a great job on tar! Have you used this on your alloys? You'd be surprised on what it picks up if it as good as IronX is. :D
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

You got your Boavista's on yet dude?
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Hiya no mate they are still sat in the boxes :D may wait until next year when i have more funds to get tyres. And get her booked in at Awesome Gti for my coilies. I only work around the corner from them :wink:
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

jimbo_tdi wrote:
CANDYMAN wrote:Well i just been come back in after detailing my car and i just wanted to let you guys and girls know of a new product i have used and well it left me speachless :shock: i bought it online from these guys http://www.concourscarcare.com/shop#ecw ... t=10112447 it's called dissolver it is a 2 in 1 iron and tar remover. And beleive me i cleaned my car first Autobrite citrus wash, followed by Autobrite magifoam then rinsed off with de-ionised water from my resin pressure vessel, them 2 bucket wash with Autobrite bananna gloss shampoo. Rinsed again with Di water. Then dried with my master blaster :D the car looked spotless then i sprayed the dissolver over the whole car and you start to see purple specks where the dissolver is well dissolving the iron the entire body was peppered with iron deposits. The people with white cars will notice it more by the little orange spots in the paint. Anyway i left it for around 3 to 4 mins then washed off. Now the car is spotless, no orange iron spots and no tar. Get some you won't be dissapointed. :D :D :D

I might try some of this as I use IronX at the moment and does a brilliant job on the paint work and alloys, but less of a great job on tar! Have you used this on your alloys? You'd be surprised on what it picks up if it as good as IronX is. :D

I was quite surprised that my wheels didn't react the same as the paint work there was a bit of spotting but i do keep my wheels clean. You won't be disappointed as it gets the tar aswell :D I got the 5 litre tub , if you use DW7 in the coupon box when ordering you will get 10% discount :D
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

My car is in at vw tomorrow for a drivers door adjustment. :?
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Re: Door adjustment (Turns in to powersteering replacement)

Post by CANDYMAN »

Well i took my polo in this morning to have the drivers door adjusted as it was not closing flush :evil: Anyway i drove there no problems, had been to blackpool over the weekend no problems. I was waiting in reception and then the service receptionist came over and said good news your door is now adjusted :D but i have some bad news :cry: you have no power steering! He said when the technician went to drive it in said that it was not working and the light was on the dash :shock: he then said did you know it wasn't working! To which i replied well it has been working fine since i purchased the car in March!! Anyway have had to leave the car with them while they order the parts £750 :shock: :shock: :shock: thank god it's under warranty :wink: seems strange though that it should miraculasly break after i have parked up at the dealership :? They had no courtesy cars so had to slum it on public transport :lol:

P.s they did say that after having it on diagnostics that the punp should be receiving 11 volts but was only receiving 3 volts :? :? Something seems abit fishy to me.
KieranLeighton
Bronze Member

Post by KieranLeighton »

That's a bit wierd which dealers did you take it? Should of dropped us a message would of give you a lift lol.
How long did they say till it was fixed?
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Altrincham :roll: should hopefully be ready 2morrow. Knowing my luck it will be on backorder :roll:
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Unless it is a sneeky recall????