Mart!n-GTI-DK wrote:Look awesome. :P
Thanks, Martin :)
Tooks
Bronze Member
Drives: 2011 Polo GTI

Re: TheFrog's Blue GT 6C

Post by Tooks »

Looks brilliant that!

I sometimes wonder if I should have gone for a Blue GT, I sometimes wonder if the GTI is right on the edge of 'overdone'!

Only sometimes though!

I have to say, the MkV polo has impressed me enormously since I got it.
TheFrog
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Post by TheFrog »

Tooks wrote:Looks brilliant that!

I sometimes wonder if I should have gone for a Blue GT, I sometimes wonder if the GTI is right on the edge of 'overdone'!

Only sometimes though!

Thanks :) I know what you mean. There are some lovely features on the GTI, which I would dearly love - the engine and the LED headlights, principally. However, I am 51 years old and am thus incompatible with things like the plaid seats, black wheels and red streak in the headlights :) As you say, the BGT is just ever so slightly toned down, and this means I can drive around happy in the knowledge that I don't look as if I'm having my mid-life crisis :D
zim
New
Drives: Polo 6C, 1.2 TSI 90

Post by zim »

Nice, your car looks really good! :)
Mayhem
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 polo 1.2 tsi

Post by Mayhem »

Looking good. Still running the tuning box?
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

TheFrog wrote:
Tooks wrote:Looks brilliant that!

Only sometimes though!

Thanks :) I know what you mean. There are some lovely features on the GTI, which I would dearly love - the engine and the LED headlights, principally. However, I am 51 years old and am thus incompatible with things like the plaid seats, black wheels and red streak in the headlights :) As you say, the BGT is just ever so slightly toned down, and this means I can drive around happy in the knowledge that I don't look as if I'm having my mid-life crisis :D
51!!! You'll be dead soon, no more than 30 years I reckon - best enjoy the few minutes you have left... From a mid-life crisis 55 y/o with a new black GTI :D

PS - I think the VW GTI has little or no bling to it - you'd be hard pressed if you were Joe Public who care little about cars to spot it as a warm hatch from any angle but the front, and even that is understated...
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

Mayhem wrote:Looking good. Still running the tuning box?
Yep. I've left it on P2 -1 and had no issues apart from maybe a little hesitation on light throttle for the first 1/2 mile. This could also be the 2-cylinder mode kicking in, though.

I was wondering about adding the pedal box, but I can't really imagine what it would be like...
Mayhem
Silver Member

Post by Mayhem »

Just put mine back on. Had some issues with mine. No matter how I drive it I got poor mph. Went from over 300 miles per tank to 180!!! Will see how it goes this time. Just seems to be over fuelling my car and ups the boost. May have to look at Revo map
rsmagee
Silver Member
Drives: BlueGT (6C)

Post by rsmagee »

Mayhem wrote:Just put mine back on. Had some issues with mine. No matter how I drive it I got poor mph. Went from over 300 miles per tank to 180!!! Will see how it goes this time. Just seems to be over fuelling my car and ups the boost. May have to look at Revo map
Sadly I did the same. Could not get mpg above 40 from it. The mfd was claiming higher but the numbers didn't stack up. Would like to try a map but can't find a big brand one for the blueGT
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

I seem to remember someone saying that boxtuning doesn't work properly... Hmm... But who could that clever person be??? ;)

Not to be smug. But I have seen a fair few have problems with boxtuning.

OBD tuning really is the way to go. As it is essentially the same way the factory boost their models.

Like the BlueGT. the 6C engine is just a factory OBD tuned version of the 6R. It all in the ECU. All engine parts are the same in both models.
Mayhem
Silver Member

Post by Mayhem »

It's made it quicker but I'm worried that if it's just over fuelling and over boosting it may damage things like turbo or injectors or even worse. It's halved my fuel economy no matter how I drive it.
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

Hmm, can't say I've noticed the drop in mpg, but maybe the OBC is telling porkies. I will have to measure consumption properly next time I fill up.
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

When you dynalined the sparewheel area how many sheets did you use?
haflidij
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4 2013 6R

Post by haflidij »

Where can i see the photos of your car ?. They dont seem to show up and i really want to see your car :D