charger has blown!!!!!!!!!!! not impressed......

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
polog40racer
Bronze Member

Post by polog40racer »

5-10% loss of boost velocity in every 90deg bend - FACT! Less 90deg bends is better.
andybtsn
Getting There!

Post by andybtsn »

I am seeing alot, 'im going to just get an eaton' etc talk, but im not sure how many Eaton Polo's we will see, think people think its just plug an play!
Krupa
Gold Member

Post by Krupa »

quinny wrote:
Krupa wrote:They're about £300 though aren't they? What you'd save in the cost of the pipework would be made up in the cost of the intercooler itself.

Either way the stock G40 intercooler isn't up to the job which is something worth budgeting for.
You could pay £550.- and bodge in a front mount with twice as many 90' angles if you would prefer.
I think you've misunderstood me, not being confrontational with that, I'm just saying that whatever you do you need to budget for a better intercooler on top of the cost of fitting the Eaton. Whether the costs are buying an intercooler for £300, which though cheap for what it is isn't back pocket type money, or buying a cheaper intercooler and having to get hoses/pipes made up for it it will cost money to uprate the standard one.

I will be getting one of those shiny new intercoolers for mine, I like the way they fit in an OEM style but do a better job than the stock one. I'd originally planned for a front mount but I've changed my mind having found out a little more about them.

As Andy says, everyone's going on about the Eaton conversion like it's a piece of p***, plug and play mod and that's not strictly true.
polo_GT
Bronze Member

Post by polo_GT »

The eaton conversion can be done using the stock intercooler no need for a new intercooler if you haven't got the cash. You would see a good drop on your intake temperatures after fitting a bigger intercooler though as the eaton runs hotter than a g lader.
Krupa
Gold Member

Post by Krupa »

Yeah but you're not really taking advantage of the extra potential of the Eaton unless you do uprate the intercooler surely?
LregG
Getting There!

Post by LregG »

Intercooler needs uprating, check here 8) http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/v ... hp?t=15763