condensation

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
GTI NUT
Getting There!

Post by GTI NUT »

got a little bit of condensation sometimes in front indicator usually goes away on its own, I hope :o
olop GTI
New

Post by olop GTI »

my old man had condensation in his rear lexus lights on his audi, he said he was gonna drill a coulple of tiny holes in the bottom of them (yeah i thought he was mad too) but a couple of days lata it was all gone and never to reappear!!! lets the air circulate properly or summit!

So if u wanna try it take the indicators out and drill 2 small holes in the underside somewhere where u cant c the holes if poss.

Im not promising itll work mind!! :)
garnier
Bronze Member

fixing the condensation

Post by garnier »

I've never removed a sidelight on a polo before, but on other cars I've had condensaton has sometimes been a problem in headlights with gubbed seals.

A decent fix is to drill a hole in them, on the inside near the top end of the unit. This also works for headlights.

Just be sure you dont drill it where you can see the hole from the outside once you refit the unit. When it rains heavily it may steam up again, but should dry out in a day or two.

The problem is the old gubbed seal lets moisture in - it needs to be let out somehow......
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

I'm gonna try get mine sorted when my service is due
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

olop GTI wrote:lexus lights on his audi
:shock: