Another coilover question

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
samil87
Silver Member

Post by samil87 »

any1 know what phil_j's suspension kits are like?

looking at a 60mm drop
Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

They're not too bad, if you don't mind a hard ride. I preferred the ride of my H&R springs with standard shocks.
samil87
Silver Member

Post by samil87 »

dropping the car 60 on standard shocks aint really good tho is it

and thers no way i can afford 2 spend more than like £150
Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

Eibach sportline springs are £120 on http://www.europerformance.co.uk. They lower the car 50mm, and are a good match with standard shocks. Lowering springs will cause more wear and tear than the standard setup, but over time you may have the funds to match the sportline springs with a set of aftermarket shocks, e.g. Bilstein B8's.
Last edited by Ollie_R on Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
way_z
Silver Member
Drives: 6n2 1.4 TDI

Post by way_z »

Ollie_R wrote:Eibach sportline springs are £120 on http://www.europerformance.co.uk. They lower the car 50mm, and are a good match with standard shocks. Lowering springs will cause more wear and tear than the standard setup, but over time you may have the funds to match the sportline springs with a set of aftermarket shocks, e.g. Bilstein B12's.
Definitely agreed!! :) i've been researching suspension setups for ages, coilovers would be nice of course but if your not fussed about adjustable ride height and looking for somthing practical, the eibach sportlines with the bilstein B12 shocks will give a decent drop and tolerable ride comfort... plus as ollie also mentioned near 60mm looks the businnes from what i've seen on this forum, 50mm from the eibachs is close enough!

i'm gonna get this setup but i'm just spending so much damn money on fixing the car at the mo!! :(
mk4 glx 1.6
Gold Member

Post by mk4 glx 1.6 »

Ollie_R wrote:but over time you may have the funds to match the sportline springs with a set of aftermarket shocks, e.g. Bilstein B12's.
The Bilstein sport shocks with shortened bodies to accomodate lowering springs are the B8's.

The Bilstein B12 is a kit including the above dampers, and H&R lowering springs, but unfortunately they do not do a B12 kit for the 6n2.

I am having a set of B8's fitted tommorrow to my 6n2 Gti, along with Eibach springs, but only the -30 ones as I want the best possible handling, and using the sportline springs mean the wishbones will be inverted.
ziyaad
Getting There!

Post by ziyaad »

anyone got any experience with these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Polo-6N2-99-01 ... dZViewItem