Mk1 Polo Stuff!!!

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
Jabemeister
New

Post by Jabemeister »

Cheers 4 info pettsy,. :wink: ....
Hey, just got some original mk1 brochures in vgood nick. 8) ...
would be 4 sale at £5 each including p&p...anyone interested? :)
Got 1 1978....&..2 1979! 8)
Stu you've got first dibs on this one!!! Image
1979 brochure...Polo GLS same colour as yours!!! "Inari Silver Metallic"
Email me if ya want it!!! :wink:
jjmook@hotmail.com
Stu
Getting There!

Post by Stu »

Jabemeister wrote: Stu you've got first dibs on this one!!! Image
1979 brochure...Polo GLS same colour as yours!!! "Inari Silver Metallic"
Email me if ya want it!!! :wink:
jjmook@hotmail.com
Looks cool, will drop you an email. I'll have it if it's in good nick, will go nicely with the car if I take it to any shows this season! 8)
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

5.)Heard a Golf 4+E diesel box can be bolted on, this true???wot effect would it have?
Well until I can get a good idea of the final drive on the differential (still compiling) - I'm assuming its something similar to the G40 - my best guess would be that with an 895cc the effect would be something similar to "reaching top speed in 3rd, not being able to pass 65mph in 4th, and not being able to use 5th/"E" at all" ;)

Edit: OK, if it's anything similar to the Oko Polo diesel box, which was made for an engine that revved to hardly anything past 4000 revs (hatched-redline starts at 3750 :D) and put out a similar 40hp to the 895cc (with the Golf diesels not being *so* much more powerful)... similar gear layout to a petrol 4+E (eg 8P) but with a moderately high 3.94 ratio (not the hiiiigh 3.33 of the G40)... it should be OK... you might still be able to use 5th for super economy.. just :) (its almost 23mph/1000, so.. low 60s? The actual diesel almost redlined at 85mph top speed in 5th) and 4th will be a decent motorway cruising gear (17.8m/k). Still you'd probably be as fast or faster (by a couple mph, when it's screaming) in 3rd! Wouldn't want to try it in such an old car though... it'd be cruel :)