Zoe's Candy 1.4 Match

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
MODDED9N
Gold Member

Re: New member - 1.4 Match

Post by MODDED9N »

Do like me my white cars. With regards to red alloys, I was thinking about some darkish matte red audi TT competition alloys for mine because gloss red just feels a bit too much but cannot afford an extra set of alloys right now

Think these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-GTI-M ... 917wt_1377

Would look great, but you would need adaptors :/....
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

Enty wrote: I've seen your thread, may have to get some of them for mine as that is one of the things I really want! Was gutted you couldn't get the Xenons on the Match, but couldn't justify the extra thousands for the SEL lol

I was quite busy last night (couldn't work the lights out on my drive home from work and ended up driving back with no lights on, and then just the fog lights! LOL) but tonight when I get in I'm gonna have a go at debadging the back and also maybe seeing if I can get into the boot lid and maybe de-wiper it too? May look a bit smoother?
If it's just the LED Daytime Running Lights you wanted the xenon option for, they are available as a retrofit soon. As for the de-wipering, it's a personal preference but i'd rather have the vision out of my rear window in the winter than the de-wipered look, specially when reversing, kinda helps being able to see out your rear window to avoid lamposts and bollards.. :)
Enty
Getting There!
Drives: Candy 6R

Post by Enty »

the matte red alloys sound different, you should go for it! :)

I'm thinking gloss red but with a silver lip for mine? But not decided on a wheel yet! lol

Also... what does retrofit mean? :roll: lol!

I've whipped the badges off this evening, surprisingly easy and looks loads better :)
With regards to the de-wipering - I don't think it'd make much difference to me tbh - I've been driving a de-wipered 106 for the past (almost!) 3 years and never had any trouble, I sometimes would wax the window and then the water just slid straight off lol

I attempted to get at the wiper motor also but failed massivly... found 2 torx screw, took them out. Then I was stuck. I wonder if there is a haynes manual avaliable for these cars... lol
strachs
New

Post by strachs »

Did you order a different rear bumper? Or is it standard with the 1.4 match, I got a 1.2 and got a s**t bubbly looking 1... Quite jelous ha :(
Enty
Getting There!

Post by Enty »

No, that one is standard lol

Maybe it's just cos of the bigger engine then?
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

Enty wrote:Also... what does retrofit mean? :roll: lol!
Just a term used which means fitting something after it's built at the factory :)
Enty wrote:I've whipped the badges off this evening, surprisingly easy and looks loads better :)
Definatley does, just done this recently to mine as well, except the TSI badge :evil:
Enty wrote:With regards to the de-wipering - I don't think it'd make much difference to me tbh - I've been driving a de-wipered 106 for the past (almost!) 3 years and never had any trouble, I sometimes would wax the window and then the water just slid straight off lol
It's totally up to you but most people would advise you against removing it :)
Enty
Getting There!

Post by Enty »

Well for now I am a bit stuck as I don't know how it would be removed anyway haha! Maybe when I finally get a bit of time on my hands one weekend I will have a root through the car and see if I can start taking stuff to bits - I like that cos it makes me feel better knowing how everything fits together and works :)

I'm busy this coming weekend as I'm going to my parents - I live in Peterborough and they live in Darwen, so it's a long old drive! But I am looking forward to it, the polo should be a nice drive for the long journey I reckon :)
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Hiya Zoe
Very nice motor you have there, I have just ordered the very same car in the same colour now i have seen your rear end :oops: Spoiler thinking i may put an order in for that to be fitted. I wan't keen on a full bodykit as i think it spoils the lines of the car. Oh im a new member aswell.

Paul :D
mashmarriner
Gold Member

Post by mashmarriner »

Very nice mota. Tbh not to keen one the spoiler.

But u defo have the right idea with the mods u got planned.

I have mine lowered 120mm and 6k HIDs with all round LEDs and LED licence plate lights. Got all pretty cheap. If want details on were to get them ask

And as for the red alloys. Go for it. I got a black moda and wanting green merc mono blocks. U defo wanna stand out like. I am already known round my end for my car without the green monoblocks. So go for it

May I also suggest red Rh zw1 alloys. They really suit the polo and will look stunning in red with a White car ;). I'll see if I can get a pic of the polo I seen with them on
mashmarriner
Gold Member

Post by mashmarriner »

Not sure if "zw1" but defo "Rh" alloys and looks kinda like the "zw1" alloys.

But centre spilt rim in red and outa rim as a mirror lip would look amazing

One problem this polo on airbags lol
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

nice
Enty
Getting There!

Post by Enty »

SAMBA VAN MAN wrote:Hiya Zoe
Very nice motor you have there, I have just ordered the very same car in the same colour now i have seen your rear end :oops: Spoiler thinking i may put an order in for that to be fitted. I wan't keen on a full bodykit as i think it spoils the lines of the car. Oh im a new member aswell.

Paul :D
Yeah I felt the same about the bodykit, it looked very OTT and didn't look very 'oem' either lol Have you managed to get a spoiler yet then?
mashmarriner wrote:Very nice mota. Tbh not to keen one the spoiler.

But u defo have the right idea with the mods u got planned.

I have mine lowered 120mm and 6k HIDs with all round LEDs and LED licence plate lights. Got all pretty cheap. If want details on were to get them ask

And as for the red alloys. Go for it. I got a black moda and wanting green merc mono blocks. U defo wanna stand out like. I am already known round my end for my car without the green monoblocks. So go for it

May I also suggest red Rh zw1 alloys. They really suit the polo and will look stunning in red with a White car ;). I'll see if I can get a pic of the polo I seen with them on
Each to their own eh, be very boring place if we all liked the same thing lol :)

Your lights sound good, after finding I've got some spare cash end of this month I'm gonna get me some I think, so any advise you could give me would be great! I understand for a set of hid bulbs it's *about* £100, so just wanna get the daytime/dipped beam bulbs first I think? The phillips bulbs I got are ok, but they're for main beam, so I want something better for the lights which are on constantly lol

That polo looks nice :) Yeah, I used to stand out quite a bit with my old 106 - had fluro yellow wing mirrors and pin stripes on the wheels haha!

ALSO: Update for today - I have purchased a sticker for my rear window saying 'fresh' - cos I like to think the car is new and fresh, and also polo mints are fresh, so it suits it perfectly :D
And have also de-wipered the back, using a brilliant guide I found on google! Bought a glass bung to go in the hole, and job's a goodun :p

Spcvw
New

Post by Spcvw »

Class white decal, looks soooo much better smooth with no wiper.this is a mod id do.

Steve.
AJ_7
Gold Member

Re: Zoe's Candy 1.4 Match

Post by AJ_7 »

Not normally a fan of de-wipering but it looks nice without. Not something i'd do on my own car but it looks good :) Quite like the sticker as well.. 8)
jonnymoore
Bronze Member

Re: Zoe's Candy 1.4 Match

Post by jonnymoore »

where'd you get the help for de-wipering? ive looked for loadsa stuff but cant find anything. looks far better without the wiper :)