MY new vw polo gt!!!

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
sephiroth09
New

Re: MY new vw polo gt!!!

Post by sephiroth09 »

Hi

just a small update,from the day a bought the car i have spent quite a bit of money on it :mrgreen: .The front Brakes pad have been replaced for 80 pound (the guy that had the car before had fitted brake pad from another car :roll: ),full service have been done( Around 250 pund) and other stuff have been replace ( gaiter kit for the constant velocity joint gaiter,multi-rib drivebelt and brake wear indicator was badly damage) .all in all i have spent about 800 pound but at least the car is mechanicly 100% .The mechanic have test drive the car 2 times to make sure that the engine was is good condition.As you guys have said in the previus post the turbo noise is normal :wink: (is not the same as the golf on the video i posted :oops: )
All the part that have been used are genuine vw part maybe thats why it came up to 800 but now im quite happy that the car is fine.

Next thing to do is the body work ill post some picture later to show where the problem is located(there are quite a few :!: ).Im also trying to find some votex(or vortex not sure on the spelling :oops: ) body kit.im interested on the rear bumper,side skirt and spoiler but i can't find them!! im not interestend in getting all of the pieces at the same time as that would be quite expensive but i just can't find any piece any where :!: Do you think is possible to get them from a VW dealership?if yes i would buy a piece every 2 month :mrgreen: the first one i would buy is the side skirt i really like them :wink: . I notice that the car dosen't come with ESP is it possible to retrofit? a VW dealership would be able to do it? is quite dissapointing that vw didn't offer ESP as standard on the top of the range gt model or even sport(in 2005 ESP was standart in some cars) and my car dosen't come with cruise control so i have to look it to that as well.

thanks

edit
i got a genuine badge this afternoon
dosen't look very straight to me :?:
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
sephiroth09
New

Post by sephiroth09 »

new picture

Does any one have info regarding my previus post?

thankss
Eddie9n
Bronze Member

Post by Eddie9n »

The cars looking good, especially since it now has the correct gt badge up front - shame that its wonky! :?

In regard to the previous post about the votex body kit, it is very rare and to be honest if you want it for sub £1000 (dealer prices) you'll just have to keep checking ebay and gumtree etc. That's what I did & managed to get the rear splitter for £25, the side skirts for £40 and as I drive the 9n3 I decided to get the the blue motion splitter as I prefer it - got that for £80.

I'm not sure about the ESP - can't really see why you'd want it that much to have it retro fitted though..

To be honest, what i'd do is take the car to a body shop and get them to colour code the bump strips, your car will look a lot better with them the same colour as the car! I'd then message a guy on here - modded9n who will retro fit the cruise control for you.
Ben90
Silver Member
Drives: Olympian Blue Polo TDi Sport

Post by Ben90 »

I found these on eBay.de, they're a bargain at the moment!

Roof spoiler

Sideskirts

I bought the roof spoiler from them a few weeks back and can confirm it's genuine :D It also comes with the screws you need to re-fit the brake light bar to it (ballache to get hold of otherwise) as well as the fitting instructions so it's a winner.

These are the only two bits of the kit he has on sale at the moment, I think they stock the rest but at full price.

Here's the site

If you want to buy both, your best bet is buying it all off the site rather than ebay to combine postage :) I see a set of genuine audi TT metal pedals which is a common mod for the polo too.
sephiroth09
New

Post by sephiroth09 »

hi thanks for the link!!

ill get them tommorow .thanks!!
Eddie9n
Bronze Member

Post by Eddie9n »

Ben90 wrote:I found these on eBay.de, they're a bargain at the moment!

Roof spoiler

Sideskirts

I bought the roof spoiler from them a few weeks back and can confirm it's genuine :D It also comes with the screws you need to re-fit the brake light bar to it (ballache to get hold of otherwise) as well as the fitting instructions so it's a winner.

These are the only two bits of the kit he has on sale at the moment, I think they stock the rest but at full price.

Here's the site

If you want to buy both, your best bet is buying it all off the site rather than ebay to combine postage :) I see a set of genuine audi TT metal pedals which is a common mod for the polo too.

Good find! I would be buying one of the spoilers if I hadn't just located one for £30.00. My car's fully votexed up!