VW on-line order tracker

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
thRONe
New
Drives: 2014 Polo sel petrol

Re: VW on-line order tracker

Post by thRONe »

I believe that 3door models take 2 weeks from manufacturing to dealer (mine did) as they are made in Spain, but 5 door take 6 to 8 weeks as may be made in distant countries, poss South Africa.

Well worth the wait! :D
Rik762
Getting There!
Drives: 2017 Polo GTI DSG

Post by Rik762 »

I would have thought about four weeks is not far off if it is a three door and built in Pamplona. I think most five doors - excluding the BlueGt - are built in South Africa and would take another three weeks (ish)
JohnNW
Getting There!

Post by JohnNW »

Is it common to get lot's of emails from VW about the build week that all say the same thing?

On the 20.09.14 I received an email to say that the "status of your VW order has been updated". When I checked it said the build week was confirmed as 12/10/14 (I am assuming that is 12th October, not 10th December!).

Since then I've had the same email, with same build date on 29.09.14 and twice today 12.49 p.m and 13.52 p.m.

For those that have had cars built and tracked progress, is this normal?
grayzer
New
Drives: Match 1.2 5 Door Nimbus Grey

Post by grayzer »

I've been getting emails and texts constantly over the last 2 days stating that I'm at stage 5C (In-transit near the UK), although my retailer has told me the car arrived in Sheerness the other day but it takes a while to completely update the system.
grayzer
New
Drives: Match 1.2 5 Door Nimbus Grey

Post by grayzer »

Just got a further update to say the car has arrived in the UK and is waiting for clearance and transportation to my retailer (usually takes 10 days according to tracker).
Rik762
Getting There!
Drives: 2017 Polo GTI DSG

Post by Rik762 »

More like seven days in my case.