Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Re: TheFrog's Blue GT 6C

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

tomtoon2015 wrote:
Mart!n-GTI-DK wrote:
Nice specs... Almost the same as mine. And then mine have had a lot of upgrades done after I got it. :)
Nice :)
The BlueGT really is an awesome version of the Polo. And deserves to be treated nice :mrgreen:
tomtoon2015
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 blueGT

Post by tomtoon2015 »

Mart!n-GTI-DK wrote:
tomtoon2015 wrote:
Mart!n-GTI-DK wrote:
Nice specs... Almost the same as mine. And then mine have had a lot of upgrades done after I got it. :)
Nice :)
The BlueGT really is an awesome version of the Polo. And deserves to be treated nice :mrgreen:

Haha may is too long to wait :( lol
markc123
Getting There!
Drives: 2014 Blue GT

Post by markc123 »

Very nice, I'll join the list of jealousy at your garage.

You have almost the same car setup as me - BGT for sensible motoring, and an MX5 as a toy - mines a MK1 though (and currently too rusty to be road legal, but that can be fixed when the weather improves :D ).
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Enjoy the car Frog. It's truly a brilliant car and, in my eyes, the best polo model. It's been the best car I've ever owned so far. I keep meaning to put pics of mine up but it's always dirty within a day of cleaning it! :(
Mayhem
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 polo 1.2 tsi

Post by Mayhem »

I think the 6R and 6C polo is the best looking vw out there at the moment. Think it looks better than the golf and rocca imo. Only vw i have owned and cant imagine swapping it for a long time yet unless i go down the GT/GTi route. I do find it hard to keep my clean for more than 5 mins aswell tho. I do like the interior on yours Frog. Looks miles ahead in terms of finish
TheFrog
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Post by TheFrog »

^Thanks and I agree: the current Polo is a really well-proportioned, classy/sporty looking car. I don't like the Golf very much: it's got way too big and almost boring looking. The Scirocco was fab when it came out, but VW have hardly developed it at all and now it looks a bit dull. So far, the BGT is proving to be one of the most likeable cars I have ever owned (and I've had nearly 30!)
saty
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6r 1.6tdi

Post by saty »

Your blue gt is a really nice car, that steering wheel and sunroof are awesome
Jamwllms
New
Drives: Polo 6C BlueGT

Post by Jamwllms »

I am jealous of the sunroof to be sure. I would almost definitely never use it, but it looks so damn good.

I agree on the size of the Golf. When you're used to driving a Polo and stand next to one of those, it's like standing next to a tank by comparison. I like being able to fit into tighter spaces. :P
cenkay
New

Post by cenkay »

Looks great frog! I know what you mean about the rear wheels looking embedded in the arches from factory, i too have got some spacers to sort it!
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

The sunroof does finish the Polo off nicely, especially in white.

Don't know what thickness of spacer you have gone with, but IMHO 10mm is perfect if you are looking to retain the OE / unmessed-with look. The photos on page 1 of this thread were taken with the spacers on.
CrypticG
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2 TSI SEL (6C)

TheFrog's Blue GT 6C

Post by CrypticG »

TheFrog wrote:Brought it home yesterday and spent most of this morning 'OEM Plussing' it. Very impressed so far, though only done 20km. Smooth, comfortable, safe... light years away from the Up I've been driving for the past year :D

The weather is pretty bad here at the moment, so the car's staying in the garage next to my summer toy. I will get some better pictures up later.

Work carried out so far:

- partial debadge (just left 'Polo' on the rear)
- LED rear indicators & DRLs
- 10mm H&R rear spacers - definitely needs these, the wheels look pushed in otherwise
- full wax with Pinnacle Souveran
Hi The Frog,

Can you link me to the LED rear indicators and DRLs? Also the 10mm spacers. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

CrypticG wrote:Hi The Frog,

Can you link me to the LED rear indicators and DRLs? Also the 10mm spacers. Thanks
I forgot to post the photos I took during the DRL bulb conversion. It's hard to take pictures of the actual bulbs when they're on, because the camera is dazzled by the light and you can't really tell the difference between the original 'yellow' bulb and the bright white LEDs. This photo shows the two types of bulb against my white garage door. I'll let you decide which is the LED ;) The photo hasn't been tampered with in any way, there really is that much of a temperature difference :) The LED bulb is less blue in person than it looks on this photo, it appears pure white to the eye.

I bought them on Ciclo's advice and am not disappointed.

DRLs: http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/382-p21w-w ... anbus-led/
Excellent service from these people. One of the bulbs they sent was faulty, so I emailed them and they sent 2 more packets of 2 bulbs immediately, so I now have 3 spares :)

Rear indicators: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-lot ... 74704.html

Spacers these are what the spacers look like,
http://www.ebay.de/itm/H-R-Spurverbreit ... 4858df0bac
but I actually orederd mine from http://www.autoteileman.de as they offered the longer black bolts with 2 security bolts and key.

Hope this helps.
CrypticG
Silver Member

Post by CrypticG »

TheFrog wrote:
CrypticG wrote:Hi The Frog,

I forgot to post the photos I took during the DRL bulb conversion. It's hard to take pictures of the actual bulbs when they're on, because the camera is dazzled by the light and you can't really tell the difference between the original 'yellow' bulb and the bright white LEDs. This photo shows the two types of bulb against my white garage door. I'll let you decide which is the LED ;) The photo hasn't been tampered with in any way, there really is that much of a temperature difference :) The LED bulb is less blue in person than it looks on this photo, it appears pure white to the eye.

I bought them on Ciclo's advice and am not disappointed.

DRLs: http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/382-p21w-w ... anbus-led/
Excellent service from these people. One of the bulbs they sent was faulty, so I emailed them and they sent 2 more packets of 2 bulbs immediately, so I now have 3 spares :)

Rear indicators: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-lot ... 74704.html

Spacers these are what the spacers look like,
http://www.ebay.de/itm/H-R-Spurverbreit ... 4858df0bac
but I actually ordered mine from http://www.autoteileman.de as they offered the longer black bolts with 2 security bolts and key.

Hope this helps.
Perfect mate, thank you very much! What is the LED DRL like to look at? Is it very very bright, i want it to look good but not have a effect that some HIDs do where they look stupidly bright and dazzle everyone ha!

What was it like to take the panel off the DRL housing? I have given it a try lightly but it feels like i am forcing it off? Where does the tool go? sorry for the inexperience..
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

CrypticG wrote:Perfect mate, thank you very much! What is the LED DRL like to look at? Is it very very bright, i want it to look good but not have a effect that some HIDs do where they look stupidly bright and dazzle everyone ha!

What was it like to take the panel off the DRL housing? I have given it a try lightly but it feels like i am forcing it off? Where does the tool go? sorry for the inexperience..
The LED DRL is very bright, but no more 'painful' to look at close up than the standard bulb. I went with the 60W version, but they do an identical 30W if you're unsure. I will see if I get flashed with the 60W and maybe downgrade to a 30W.

You do have to give the plastic trim a good pull and a pair of trim pliers is useful if you want to avoid any damage :wink: I have got a pair, but I didn't actually use them to get this particular piece of trim off. They are useful to have in the workshop, though. The little ring-pull tool thing VW provide to remove it is ok, but it's only really useful to allow you to get your fingers in and pull the trim away more carefully. There's a tiny hole to hook the tool in in the top offside corner of the fog/DRL light housing.

CrypticG
Silver Member

Post by CrypticG »

TheFrog wrote:
CrypticG wrote:Perfect mate, thank you very much! What is the LED DRL like to look at? Is it very very bright, i want it to look good but not have a effect that some HIDs do where they look stupidly bright and dazzle everyone ha!

The LED DRL is very bright, but no more 'painful' to look at close up than the standard bulb. I went with the 60W version, but they do an identical 30W if you're unsure. I will see if I get flashed with the 60W and maybe downgrade to a 30W.
Thank you my friend! Please let us know, how the 60W goes in regards to getting flashed haha! I would like to know before i go ahead and buy some