DSG vs Manual - opinions please!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
JoeMarano
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti 6C

Re: DSG vs Manual - opinions please!

Post by JoeMarano »

That's because the system in your Golf is stronger! It's a "proper" DSG made for the car not a bodge job out of a lower powered vehicle.

That said I hope you enjoy it and it doesn't break :)
MczZippy
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6C - Flash Red

Post by MczZippy »

Nice to see another DSG :D gearbox is such a personal choice..... as for which is quicker, I think me and JoeMarano need to find an old Norfolk airstrip!
JoeMarano
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti 6C

Post by JoeMarano »

MczZippy wrote:Nice to see another DSG :D gearbox is such a personal choice..... as for which is quicker, I think me and JoeMarano need to find an old Norfolk airstrip!
I'm always up for funs lol

Seriously though give me a shout on the gassed up facebook group and we can make something happen.
kc
Gold Member
Drives: an imaginary one... for now

Post by kc »

JoeMarano wrote:That's because the system in your Golf is stronger! It's a "proper" DSG made for the car not a bodge job out of a lower powered vehicle.

That said I hope you enjoy it and it doesn't break :)

the golf dsg systems are made from chocolate dude! i hope the polo is stronger which you make out!

i can see lots of warranty claims coming... haha
Circle6C9
New
Drives: Pure White 6C GTi

Post by Circle6C9 »

I love DSG, but the deal available on my Polo (pre-reg with delivery miles) was manual only - have to say I am enjoying being back in a manual (coming from DSG) - as a previous poster pointed out the clutch is just right and it's a sweet gear change. There is no right or wrong answer - although the torque limitation on the DSG would slightly bug me as well (DSG can also be financially crippling in the - admittedly unlikely - event of it going pop outside of warranty).