Fuel consumption data

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Alan_p71
New
Drives: 2019 Gti+

Re: Fuel consumption data

Post by Alan_p71 »

We don’t have nav in our gti+, just the standard info unit. The software installed must have bugs and something must happen in the car that causes it to reset. It doesn’t happen all the time, so it must need specific perimeters that sets it off. We had the car for 6 months before the first time and it resets roughly once a month now, but it did it 3 times in a week around August.
The dealership told me the info unit was updated and got no more info even though I asked further, got the impression they had no clue!!
Hopefully someone else can find the true reason as it’s a strange one.
Juno
New
Drives: -

Post by Juno »

I've been seeing this exact same problem with my 2020 mk7.5 Golf. The driving data just seems to randomly reset occasionally. It's happened to me 5 or 6 times since I acquired the car 6 months ago.

I have a suspicion that it is linked to how I start the car. Whenever the problem occurs it has been when I have put the key in the ignition, but not turned it or started the engine for several minutes. For example, when checking my phone or having a drink before driving off.

I must admit I sort of lost interest in truly getting to the bottom of it since the car is riddled with various other problems that I consider more serious and which I am still trying to get resolved. :(
Alan_p71
New
Drives: 2019 Gti+

Post by Alan_p71 »

There was TPI report from VW regarding this issue and a new software update applied to my car which has resolved it and has not happened again since

We had a 7-5 golf before and had the same problem you describe, the solution we found was if you turn ignition off just leave the key in. We found if we took key out but sat in the car, everything reset

Hope this helps
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I’ve had the trip computer zero itself and the clock time change to some random time. It only did it once and bizarrely when it did, it coincided with the I hour time change from British Summer Time (BST) to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) last year. It’s never done it since, so I’ll be checking it tomorrow when UK time changes from GMT to BST tonight!