Coolant Level Low

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Alan_p71
New
Drives: 2019 Gti+

Re: Coolant Level Low

Post by Alan_p71 »

Hiya, noticed from your photo that it says mit silakat on header tank, does that mean it contains the bag of silicone beads, (that is known to burst). I have a gti+ from Dec2019, which does Not have this bag, well no writing on tank anyway.
Handy you are getting jip before the warranty expires and hope you get it all sorted soon. Best of luck👍
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Alan_p71 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:00 pm Hiya, noticed from your photo that it says mit silakat on header tank, does that mean it contains the bag of silicone beads, (that is known to burst). I have a gti+ from Dec2019, which does Not have this bag, well no writing on tank anyway.
Handy you are getting jip before the warranty expires and hope you get it all sorted soon. Best of luck👍
I had a 20 plate gti+ and it had the bag of silicate beads in. My wife’s United spec also has them. Minute it’s out of warranty I’m taking that sucker out, draining the coolant and putting something decent in.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Genuine VW Group G12evo might be what it needs now, I've always had an issue with G13 as it was due to its "advanced recipe" that these "mit silikat" appeared on some models - but VW Group never "came out" and said anything about it, and then moved onto G12evo for initial build sometime during lateish 2019.

Edit:- "evo" not "eco"!!!
Last edited by RUM4MO on Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Got the back after two days with VW.

No leaks were found, no problems what-so-ever. Pressure test was carried out and again, no issues. Doesn't make much sense to me as I could clearly see purple-ish fluid coming out from under the container. Very odd.

The technican did say it can be common for the coolant level to drop on new cars?

Anyway, car is back and coolant is topped up. It's due a service and MOT in May so that's all booked in. Will continue to monitor. :|
Johntheo1
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 MK10 AW1

Post by Johntheo1 »

You might consider renewing the possibly leaking (when hot?) expansion tank yourself, you can just syphon it out, remove tank complete with that silikat bag which we hear horror stories about, install your new tank and just top it up and you will have killed two birds with one stone.