Any mk1'ers around?

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
heartagram
Bronze Member

Post by heartagram »

I've just bought a Derby GLS.
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

dayum beeyotch that sheezey be fresh ya know innit homeboy booyakasha w00t

um...
respek :D 8) 8)
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Sweet :D Let's see some pictures of it!
ste mk1lx
Silver Member

Post by ste mk1lx »

well done for finding such a nice example,it looks amazing . :D if only my polo looked as nice then my dad would stop telling me to scrap it(he doesn't understand its rarity)
heartagram
Bronze Member

Post by heartagram »

Click Here Too See Pics. I haven't actually picked it up yet. Going on Saturday morning to pick it up so I should have more pics some time next week. I think its pimp as.
Tahrey1043
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

is that the same one as was at billings aquadrome?
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Ooh..
That's a really sweet Derby ;)
Somehow VW seemed to make a much better job of the mk1 saloons than the mk2/3's, that looks really nice, and it'll make a great project I bet..
Gotta love the wood effect dash as well - gonna have to get me one of them :D
Gareth_GT_Hatch
Platinum Member

Post by Gareth_GT_Hatch »

Tahrey1043 wrote:is that the same one as was at billings aquadrome?
Theres another one the same colour owned by someone called DerbyDan on porka (fairly new member) It was his car that was at t'polo show I think. Only difference is its a T-reg.
Tahrey1043

Post by Tahrey1043 »

yeah, that's what i meant - it looked very very similar, near identical even. hang on a tick.... *goes off to upload suitable video to a certain webserver*

edit: *gives up* ... groovy what was your webserver address again? :D
heartagram
Bronze Member

Post by heartagram »

Yeah its exactly the same as Derby Dans. Although mines has a digital clock and rev counter and apparently it has mk1 GT goodies in it too. Its a 1.3 65bhp engine. So hopefully it should have a bit of poke considering it will be pretty light...

I've got rims and suspention on the go all ready. They are going to be the only serious mods, other things are going to be like stickers and little stupid stuff like that. Gonna keep it as original as possible.

People think I'm mad for paying £800 for a nearly 24 year old car but I think I've got a fooking bargain!

Anyway, I should have pics tomorrow hopefully.

Kam.

PS> I want to get a mk2 Derby with the square headlights for a daily runabout. That would be truely pimping!
metz

Post by metz »

The when you have a ho count of over 5 you could get a mk3 saloon and be a PimP daddy!

Nice car kam.
nuttinnew
Silver Member

Post by nuttinnew »

Just bought a mk1 LX in Regatta Blue...
heartagram
Bronze Member

Post by heartagram »

metz wrote:The when you have a ho count of over 5 you could get a mk3 saloon and be a PimP daddy!

Nice car kam.
Your just shiznitting your pants cause your scared your pimping business is going too loose out and you'll have to be a gay institution! :lol:

But serious, cheer for the comments!
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Tahrey1043 wrote:yeah, that's what i meant - it looked very very similar, near identical even. hang on a tick.... *goes off to upload suitable video to a certain webserver*

edit: *gives up* ... groovy what was your webserver address again? :D
ftp://ftp.digital-crocus.com ;)
Its a 1.3 65bhp engine. So hopefully it should have a bit of poke considering it will be pretty light...
1.3 65bhp? That'll shift pretty nicely.. given that the mk2/3 1.3's are 55bhp and weigh more (well, the mk3 does, don't know about the mk2..).
Just bought a mk1 LX in Regatta Blue...
Very nice :) Glad to see some more people laying their hands on the old mk1s, I was beginning to miss the sight of them :) Better get some pictures up for us! :D
Tahrey1043

Post by Tahrey1043 »

nuttinew, you down south, bournemouth type area?

carrot you still looking for trims, apparently a scrappie near me has just got an F-reg in. me mum told me because she thought it would be useful for parts (well.... might be handy for pistons i guess) :D