Candy 6R

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Re: Candy 6R (Tune in tomorrow will have an LED surprise)

Post by CANDYMAN »

They didn't turn up today :( hopefully they will all be in tomorrow if they turn up! A total 108 led's in the cabin 8)
KieranLeighton
Bronze Member

Post by KieranLeighton »

108! That's going to be extremely bright!
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Yeah mate i know :D got most of them in just waiting for my spot led's to come then will be the 108, it is awesome 8)
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

So as promised a few photos of my 108 led interior 8)

2x 36 led banks and the standard spot bulbs.

These are the spot bulbs

The 2x 36 led banks and the 2x 6 led spot bulbs

A few night shots this is through the rear tinted window.

The bulbs in my visors and rear cabin are 36mm 6 bank festoons. The interior is alot brighter than the I-PAD camera can pick up. If you have any questions just ask. :D
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Re: Candy 6R (PICTURES FROM NASA INTERIOR 108 LED PICTURES)

Post by CANDYMAN »

I may have to hang on to modding for a while as i may need to bank roll myself! when im off work getting treatment. As we don't get sick pay at work :cry: :cry: :cry:
KieranLeighton
Bronze Member

Post by KieranLeighton »

CANDYMAN wrote:I may have to hang on to modding for a while as i may need to bank roll myself! when im off work getting treatment. As we don't get sick pay at work :cry: :cry: :cry:

That's not good mate, can't believe you do t get sick pay :(
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Only get SSP! They are tighter than a nuns !?@& :D i wouldn't mind them not paying if i was off with a cold. But a genuine reason that you need Hospital intervention and they still don't pay it. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Re: Candy 6R Found my 1st Stone Chip at weekend

Post by CANDYMAN »

Well i gave my car a good going over at weekend and found my 1st stone chip :( What do you guys do? Full Spray job, Smart repair? or Touchup Paint?
mashmarriner
Gold Member

Post by mashmarriner »

CANDYMAN wrote:Well i gave my car a good going over at weekend and found my 1st stone chip :( What do you guys do? Full Spray job, Smart repair? or Touchup Paint?
nwt worse, i got a few here and there i would also like to know what the best thing to do is

and btw love the little touch with the interior lights :)
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Yeah the interior lights are so much better i often get people taking another look at me as my interior lights up my driveway :D :lol: :D
KieranLeighton
Bronze Member

Post by KieranLeighton »

Miners covered in them :( might be getting a bonnet bra for long journeys
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

CANDYMAN wrote:Well i gave my car a good going over at weekend and found my 1st stone chip :( What do you guys do? Full Spray job, Smart repair? or Touchup Paint?
:(
Ben@dubstarz
New

Post by Ben@dubstarz »

Get the Halfords touch up kits, as their applicators are THE best I have used. Don't use the brush, but instead over a course of a few days touch the chip in with the needle end of the applicator and fill the whole chip with solid colour.

Best way to do it is over-fill the chip with colour then leave it a day or so to fully harden then I sand the chip back flush with a piece of 3000 Grit Meguiars sandpaper double side taped to a small piece of flat wood, this way you finish the repair up perfectly flush.

Then polish / cut back the fine sanding marks with Meguiars Scratch X, done a few on my Candy White 6R and you can hardly see them at all to be honest, about as good as you're going to get on the cheap really. I wouldn't let Chips Away loose on any cars I have had, rather a bodyshop do the whole panel if I am going to go down that road.

Ben
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Once you have used the colour do you not need to use lacquer to seal the paint as the paint is water based? I have the little bottles that i bought from VW and have colour candy white and lacquer.

I was thinking of getting a Langka Kit
http://www.frost.co.uk/automotive-paint ... tAodOmYA2w

Once i have done it i may Wrap my bonnet with this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCOTCHGARD-PA ... 19c4cf4b1e

Got no chips in the bonnet yet just on the bumper :evil:
Ben@dubstarz
New

Post by Ben@dubstarz »

CANDYMAN wrote:Once you have used the colour do you not need to use lacquer to seal the paint as the paint is water based? I have the little bottles that i bought from VW and have colour candy white and lacquer.

I was thinking of getting a Langka Kit
http://www.frost.co.uk/automotive-paint ... tAodOmYA2w

Once i have done it i may Wrap my bonnet with this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCOTCHGARD-PA ... 19c4cf4b1e

Got no chips in the bonnet yet just on the bumper :evil:
Yeah forgot to add I put some lacquer on to seal it then polish that back too. Although it isn't necessary on Candy White, as it's technically a solid colour and doesn't have a proper lacquer layer as such as far as I am aware. Not really sure why VW give you a lacquer touch up with Candy White as Halfords don't??

I only say that about lacquer with solid colours, as I had a Tornado Red Golf Mk5 GTi that had a bad problem with bird crap ruining the paint on the roof and bonnet, and as it turned out because it was a solid colour it had no lacquer which meant the paint was very vulnerable compared to say a metallic or pearlescent paint with lacquer on top.

Ben