New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by rooneys »

John501 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:13 pm Just an update, I had a notification back in November of a build week of 21st January. Received a text this morning stating the car is now in transit.
Car was ordered in May 2018 - Reef Blue with Brescias and a few other options. Fingers crossed the wait is coming to an end.
Same build week as you. Now I have been told it is in transit too. Still some time to wait for delivery but a least something is happening. Ordered on the 12th January 2018.
Dreamscape
New
Drives: 6AW

Post by Dreamscape »

Hello! I got a call from my dealership that my Polo is being built (not GTI though, but highline, which would be SEL in the UK?). Sadly, it's being built in Uitenhage, not in Pamplona, which is quite odd. I thougt that they build Polos only for left-hand traffic in Uitenhage (I'm from Central Europe). Maybe a very high demand for the new Polo made them expand their factory in Uitenhage and this is why the factory was closed for some time last summer?

Anyway, I've been waiting for quite some time already (it's well past estimated delivery time I was told when I ordered) and the news about factory, the car is being built at, surely means further delay due to extended delivery from RSA. Do you know how much time it takes on average for the car to get on a ship in Port Elizabeth to Emden after it was built (and actually depart from RSA)? I know that it takes about 3 weeks for a ship to arrive in Emden. Salesman at the dealership is pretty certain that I will get the car until the end of February, but I'm not that optimistic. He was already sure that I would get the car before the end of 2018, so...
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Well there's a thing.
Looked at my tracker app today. For the first time it said let us know if you already have your car. Sometimes the app is behind and you may already be driving around in it having fun. Press yes or no.
I obviously pressed no and hoped it would direct dial the factory. It didn't.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

gnome
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI Plus

Post by gnome »

johnpolo2 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:24 pm Well there's a thing.
Looked at my tracker app today. For the first time it said let us know if you already have your car. Sometimes the app is behind and you may already be driving around in it having fun. Press yes or no.

I got an update for the app yesterday, also has the same option, I guess they really rate their own ability to know if they've delivered a car or not :D
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Post by rooneys »

gnome wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:47 pm
johnpolo2 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:24 pm Well there's a thing.

I got an update for the app yesterday, also has the same option, I guess they really rate their own ability to know if they've delivered a car or not :D
I wonder what would happen if you pressed yes by accident.🤔
Trantor
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Trantor »

Hi All,
Just been checking how long others have been waiting for their car. Ordered mine 7+ months ago! A GTI+, Reef Blue, Parker's, sunroof, satnav, plus a few other extras. Just checked the order tracker and still showing as "with the factory" :( Some here have said the sunroof can delay things. I this true? At this rate it will be March/April before I see the car. Better be worth the wait as I've not even seen one in the flesh let alone test drove one. Hope it's a worthwhile improvement over the 6C GTI I currently have. Asked the dealer to let me know if they get one in for me to at least have a look at. No joy on that front! I assume others here have theirs? How does it compare to the 6C GTI?
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

My dealer has just had one in already used with 5000 on the clock. They gave me first refusal today. Mine is spec'd better so I declined. I may as well wait it out now. June, not a bad time of the year to get a new car.
I did sit in one last year, didn't want that one either.

roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

Trantor wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:20 pm Hi All,
Just been checking how long others have been waiting for their car. Ordered mine 7+ months ago! A GTI+, Reef Blue, Parker's, sunroof, satnav, plus a few other extras. Just checked the order tracker and still showing as "with the factory" :( Some here have said the sunroof can delay things. I this true?
Happy to be corrected but out of all of the UK GTIs preciously delivered last year, I’m not aware of any with sunroofs.
Although I’ve seen the Australian and NZ rhd cars with sunroofs.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

I think you're right Roy, none of last year's pre WLTP lot that I'm aware of had a sunroof.

There are some long-time waiters with Brescias and sunroof on the same order, but there's plenty of Brescia equipped cars got through or shortly will do because they have confirmed build dates.

Gotta be the sunroof.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

I like my sunroof. Does look quite cool on a hot day keeping finger on the remote and seeing the windows and sunroof slide open.
Boys and their toys I know. The colour contrast with the bodywork looks good imo.

Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

It seems slightly contradictory having aircon and having the sunroof open to keep cool :?
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Nora wrote:It seems slightly contradictory having aircon and having the sunroof open to keep cool :?
Then perhaps I shouldn't have said on a hot day. On a hot day...sunroof closed and air con on. There are days when the temperature is just right for a cool breeze from the sunroof open. Hope that helps.

New-gti-guy
New
Drives: 1.6

Post by New-gti-guy »

Hi all.
Does the GTI or GTI+ come as standard with the ambient white LED light strip on the dash?
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

New-gti-guy wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:02 pm Hi all.
Does the GTI or GTI+ come as standard with the ambient white LED light strip on the dash?
The Ambient Light Strips are fitted to SEL and above according to the price list.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

New-gti-guy wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:02 pm Hi all.
It definitely dues on the GTI+ as I gave it on mine. Almost certainly on the standard GTI too, but not many on this forum have one of those to confirm.