New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by roywolfey »

New-gti-guy wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:20 pm Hi all
Ordered my GTI+ last year and expecting it to arrive some time in May, in the meantime I was just looking at some photos of other polos GTI and some don't have a central front arm rest!!.. i thought it was standard on upper spec models? can anyone shed some light on that?
Centre arm rest is a feature of GTI + over GTI

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=71371&p=544859#p544859
New-gti-guy
New
Drives: 1.6

Post by New-gti-guy »

roywolfey wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:17 am
New-gti-guy wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:20 pm Hi all
Ordered my GTI+ last year and expecting it to arrive some time in May, in the meantime I was just looking at some photos of other polos GTI and some don't have a central front arm rest!!.. i thought it was standard on upper spec models? can anyone shed some light on that?
Centre arm rest is a feature of GTI + over GTI

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=71371&p=544859#p544859
Thanks. I can't live without it..
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Cadwest wrote:
johnpolo2 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:42 am Well, VW UK after their extensive investigation do not seem able to convincingly explain my 53 week wait, apart from initially citing brescia wheel shortages, oh and the sunroof, only after I mentioned it. Add to that a sprinkling of WLTP. [emoji6]
They say the factory has my build locked in as a priority for the first week of April. My tracker app does not confirm this . It now permanently asks if I have picked up my car ....it most likely has timed out as it's never run passed a 12 month delivery time.

In these precarious times I feel I should be buying British and not German, however that's a whole other debate. Anyone got an Allegro.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
My first car was an Austin Allegro, I remember it well, it was in that colour described in the brochure as “Turd Brown” and I have to say it suited the colour. I didn’t learn from my mistake as my second car was a Morris Marina so my first two cars were the worst two cars in the history of motor vehicle manufacturer.
I wasn't lucky enough to have an Allegro but I did have a Morris Ital HLS. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

plusofrd
New
Drives: 2018 mpi 1.6

Post by plusofrd »

Congratulation

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

sheff
New
Drives: Golf

Post by sheff »

Hi,

I ordered mine in November ... given an ETA of the end of March 19 ... is that even remotely likely?

Looking through this thread that seems optimistic ... tracker says its "with the factory" ... not even got a build date (and scanning through here delivery seems to be build date + 8 weeks?).

Going to start causing headache with MOT and such if it's much later.

Thanks
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

You'll be one of the lucky ones if it arrives in March. There seems to be a push on GTI+ builds for February/March so if you're lucky and get a build date for around that time frame you could have the car in May. As mentioned by others who know more about this sort of stuff it takes around eight weeks from build to delivery.

Think VW have been a bit optimistic stating a March delivery... who knows though?
sheff
New
Drives: Golf

Post by sheff »

Fingers crossed. Foolishly when I ordered it a 4-5 month lead time seemed feasible / believable ...
Jim80
New
Drives: None yet...

Post by Jim80 »

I spoke to vw today and there not taking orders on the polo and they stopped production of new cars I presume until the mess was under some sort of control. There restarting very soon though, I don't no if this is feasible but I thought id give you guys the heads up
Dreamscape
New
Drives: 6AW

Post by Dreamscape »

If your car was built in the past two weeks, I may have good news for you. I've been tracking traffic in Port Elizabeth for the last couple of days. Two days ago "Glovis Cougar" wharfed in the port just where the Polos are parked. It left the port yesterday at 7 PM and is heading for Vigo. I presume that its final destination is Emden as per reports that ships sailing to Emden have a short stop in Vigo. ETA for Vigo is Feb 15th, so it should arrive in Emden in propably 3 weeks.
gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Post by gonk1959 »

Can someone please enlighten me? see alot of ref to a "tracker app" to see where there car is in the build fiasco? How do I go about getting this app ?
Ordered my plus last March, still no sign of it. current Polo had its MOT few weeks ago and the cheeky bar-stewards at my dealership said "dont worry we will take care of any works that need doing to pass it " lol. You damm right there !!!
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

gonk1959 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:24 am Can someone please enlighten me? see alot of ref to a "tracker app" to see where there car is in the build fiasco? How do I go about getting this app ?
Ordered my plus last March, still no sign of it. current Polo had its MOT few weeks ago and the cheeky bar-stewards at my dealership said "dont worry we will take care of any works that need doing to pass it " lol. You damm right there !!!
You can download the Volkswagen App from the Play Store / App Store. You should have been given an order number, you can use that to see what stage your car is at.

Play Store (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... w&hl=en_GB

App Store (iOS): https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/my-volk ... 35790?mt=8

Alternatively you can just enter your order number here: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order
peter007
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 2018

Post by peter007 »

So, got under my car today, we are starting to make catback, but its going to be very hard because od this HUGE GPF.... so basically this is why everyone is waiting for their orders....

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Post by gonk1959 »

many thanks S_94
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

sheff wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:22 pm Hi,

I ordered mine in November ... given an ETA of the end of March 19 ... is that even remotely likely?

Looking through this thread that seems optimistic ... tracker says its "with the factory" ... not even got a build date (and scanning through here delivery seems to be build date + 8 weeks?).

Going to start causing headache with MOT and such if it's much later.

Thanks
I have a confirmed build week of 25th March. I handed over a deposit early October but VW weren't taking GTI orders, the order was placed by the dealership early November when VWUK started taking orders. So a Nov order getting built March is possible, although you should have had your build week notification by now of it will be built in March. If you ring VW Customer services, they can provide an estimated build week (subject to change) if you have your 8 digit tracker number to hand.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Patience is a virtue, so they say, but when your waiting for your new motor to turn up is not funny. My motor took longer than they said.
When I went down about 3 weeks ago, my mate who has a 2017 Polo GTI came with me as he likes the extra room in my Polo. He asked the sales guy about a new Polo GTI and the sales guy told him "we are not taking any orders for the GTI at the moment" How bad is that?
So by the time you guys get your GTI's this post will be on page 150 or more.

Keep your chins up :(