New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by S_94 »

Does the GTI+ come with an armrest? Or is that an added extra?

Looking at the configurator now and can't see it.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

S_94 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:32 pm Does the GTI+ come with an armrest? Or is that an added extra?

Looking at the configurator now and can't see it.
Standard in the GTI+. See page 12 of the price list brochure under ‘Interior’ - 2nd of 4 items listed; Front centre armrest, with storage compartment.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk//assets/co ... celist.pdf
paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Post by paulrodgers7 »

Still there on the configurator as standard equipment on the GTi +
Armrest
Armrest
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Cheers both :)
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

peter007 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:35 pm
Nora wrote:
peter007 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:24 am So, got under my car today, we are starting to make catback, but its going to be very hard because od this HUGE GPF.... so basically this is why everyone is waiting for their orders....

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
Please tell me the GPF isn’t in the same section of pipe as the flex and cat, like it is with the diesel. As the DPF, flex pipe and Cat on the diesel are all welded in the front section pipe which costs £1400 for that piece alone!!
The whole downpipe including cat, flex pipe and gpf are one.... when there will be remap availible I am taking this out definetly. Tomorrow I will have ready first gpf-back exhaust for this car :) we’ll if anything happens...

I suspect there’s a market for providing an aftermarket front section pipe(s) or joints (on a lot of VW’s) that incorporates the GPF/DPF, flex pipe, and CAT as separate items, to save replacing all 3 when one item fails. This is something VW should have done from the outset
peter007
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 2018

Post by peter007 »

Nora wrote:
peter007 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:35 pm
Nora wrote: Please tell me the GPF isn’t in the same section of pipe as the flex and cat, like it is with the diesel. As the DPF, flex pipe and Cat on the diesel are all welded in the front section pipe which costs £1400 for that piece alone!!
The whole downpipe including cat, flex pipe and gpf are one.... when there will be remap availible I am taking this out definetly. Tomorrow I will have ready first gpf-back exhaust for this car :) we’ll if anything happens...

I suspect there’s a market for providing an aftermarket front section pipe(s) or joints (on a lot of VW’s) that incorporates the GPF/DPF, flex pipe, and CAT as separate items, to save replacing all 3 when one item fails. This is something VW should have done from the outset
To be honest I doubt that, its too new for aftermarket. I produce sport exhaust systems and have already fitted my car with GPF-back system. Almost straight pipe and sound is not thrilling, like in modela without GPF, its better, but much quieter because of GPF...

I added carbon fiber tips as well, a bit dirty on the photo

sheff
New
Drives: Golf

Post by sheff »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:57 am I have a confirmed build week of 25th March. I handed over a deposit early October but VW weren't taking GTI orders, the order was placed by the dealership early November when VWUK started taking orders. So a Nov order getting built March is possible, although you should have had your build week notification by now of it will be built in March. If you ring VW Customer services, they can provide an estimated build week (subject to change) if you have your 8 digit tracker number to hand.
Hi, the trackers updated to give a build of 4th March, so looks on track(ish) which I wasn't expecting. Hopefully it gets here before Brexit stuffs up the ports!

Cheers
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

@Nora: It's not often the front section from the exhaust manifold rusts through, even on mainly mild steel exhausts - the front end is always far too hot for water from combustion to condense and pool in there and cause terminal rust- always the back box that goes first.

I suppose someone could chop the components out of a rotten downpipe and reweld to a fresh pipe, if the GPF and car box housings weren't rotten.

I once welded the downpipe back to the exhaust manifold fitting on my Dad's old Granada 2.8 Estate after it sheared off. Sounded like a B52 when it sheared.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Back in the day I used to love the Ford Granada 2.8i Ghia X . [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

peter007 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:55 pm To be honest I doubt that, its too new for aftermarket. I produce sport exhaust systems and have already fitted my car with GPF-back system. Almost straight pipe and sound is not thrilling, like in modela without GPF, its better, but much quieter because of GPF...

I added carbon fiber tips as well, a bit dirty on the photo

I wonder if your new exhaust system would comply with the UK testing regime ie: annual MOT and emissions testing.

However you have caught my attention and would like to find out more about the final version once it comes to market
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

johnpolo2 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:11 pm Back in the day I used to love the Ford Granada 2.8i Ghia X . [emoji6]

So did I. My Dad likes a daily session down the Legion and has always had a company van. As soon as I passed my test his car was pretty much mine 90% of the time if I could give him a lift to the Legion at 6:30pm.

All my mates begging to borrow their mam's 1 litre mini metro and I was driving around in a 2.8 Ghia Granada Estate whenever I liked.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:43 pm
Dark_cze wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:32 pm
peter007 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:58 pm

This is mine WLTP engine.

Even WLTP Polo have dual injection ;) don't worry guys I was saying that back in december :D even etka show everithing on same place on new DKZC engine :)
I'd agree - all the hardware I pointed out is still there in Peter's picture. I wonder why it has changed for GPF equipped Golf GTI and R engines and not ours?

A bit of a relief for me, with the other GTI+ coming.
Most probably because golf GTI and R use EA888 generation 3 and polo use EA888 generation 3-B whith is engine from VW tiguan and not from golf :D
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

monkeyhanger wrote:
johnpolo2 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:11 pm Back in the day I used to love the Ford Granada 2.8i Ghia X . [emoji6]

So did I. My Dad likes a daily session down the Legion and has always had a company van. As soon as I passed my test his car was pretty much mine 90% of the time if I could give him a lift to the Legion at 6:30pm.

All my mates begging to borrow their mam's 1 litre mini metro and I was driving around in a 2.8 Ghia Granada Estate whenever I liked.
Excellent. [emoji6]
I didn't ever have the pleasure of a Granada but I did have a 1981 Cortina 2.0 Ghia, complete with the wood door cappings and crushed velour seats. Happy days and no traffic jams either.

Cadwest
Bronze Member

Post by Cadwest »

Deleted
Last edited by Cadwest on Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cadwest
Bronze Member

Post by Cadwest »

I thought the 3b uses direct injection as opposed to multi injection or have I got that wrong?
Last edited by Cadwest on Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.