New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
peter007
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 2018

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by peter007 »

Nora wrote:
peter007 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:55 pm To be honest I doubt that, its too new for aftermarket. I produce sport exhaust systems and have already fitted my car with GPF-back system. Almost straight pipe and sound is not thrilling, like in modela without GPF, its better, but much quieter because of GPF...

I added carbon fiber tips as well, a bit dirty on the photo

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
I wonder if your new exhaust system would comply with the UK testing regime ie: annual MOT and emissions testing.

However you have caught my attention and would like to find out more about the final version once it comes to market
I will make a comparison video, emission wise it should be ok because GPF and catalyst are in place.

Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

Cadwest wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:39 am I thought the 3b uses direct injection as opposed to multi injection or have I got that wrong?
3B uses budak cycle
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

Dark_cze wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:47 pm
Cadwest wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:39 am I thought the 3b uses direct injection as opposed to multi injection or have I got that wrong?
3B uses budak cycle
Thanks Dark, so which engine is in the Polo GTI the EA888 gen 3 or the EA888 gen 3b?
Dark_cze
Silver Member

Post by Dark_cze »

Cadwest wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:56 pm
Dark_cze wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:47 pm
3B uses budak cycle
Thanks Dark, so which engine is in the Polo GTI the EA888 gen 3 or the EA888 gen 3b?
gen 3B
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Does anyone know if the Polo GTI steering wheel is the same size as the MK7 GTI/R?

Looking at some paddle extensions for the Polo. Been told if the steering wheel size is the same as the MK7 they'll fit.

Cheers :)
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

S_94 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:35 pm Does anyone know if the Polo GTI steering wheel is the same size as the MK7 GTI/R?

Looking at some paddle extensions for the Polo. Been told if the steering wheel size is the same as the MK7 they'll fit.

My GTI+ steering wheel is exactly the same as my Golf R's, except the alloy centre and spokes are painted black gloss on the R, with blue stitching. Same size.
peter007
Getting There!

Post by peter007 »

S_94 wrote:Does anyone know if the Polo GTI steering wheel is the same size as the MK7 GTI/R?

They are the same size. I am fitting VW Racingline black paddles this week, will post photo ;)

S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Thanks guys :D
peter007 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:02 pm
I am fitting VW Racingline black paddles this week, will post photo ;)
Nice Peter would love to see them!
peter007
Getting There!

Post by peter007 »

S_94 wrote:Thanks guys :D
peter007 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:02 pm
I am fitting VW Racingline black paddles this week, will post photo ;)
Nice Peter would love to see them!
I will definetly show them [emoji16]

For now detailing is happening + front upper grill part and mirror covers wrapping in black

Chris001
New
Drives: GTi+ 2019

Post by Chris001 »

Hi all,

Curious - alot of car review videos show the GTi to have quite a burbly exhaust sound with some pops and bangs - does anyone know how this now compares with the GTi's now fitted with the GPF?
peter007
Getting There!

Post by peter007 »

Chris001 wrote:Hi all,

Curious - alot of car review videos show the GTi to have quite a burbly exhaust sound with some pops and bangs - does anyone know how this now compares with the GTi's now fitted with the GPF?
Yes, I took a video of my stock car, much quieter... you can hear some pops but very quiet, all because of GPF. Made catback exhaust, almost straight pipe, still very gentle... I’m waiting for someone to crack this ECU and I’m throwing original downpipe out!

Chris001
New
Drives: GTi+ 2019

Post by Chris001 »

peter007 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:05 am

Yes, I took a video of my stock car, much quieter... you can hear some pops but very quiet, all because of GPF. Made catback exhaust, almost straight pipe, still very gentle... I’m waiting for someone to crack this ECU and I’m throwing original downpipe out!

Thanks Peter - dont suppose you have a link to your video upload at all?
EmiLiuZ
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 2,0 DSG

Post by EmiLiuZ »

Chris001 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:52 am

I'm sad to hear this. Just got my polo GTI yesterday but I haven't had enough time to notice if this is true or not. It is leased so I can't even make any changes by my self either
peter007
Getting There!

Post by peter007 »

Chris001 wrote:

I will record before and after, just picking up my car from detailing today so maybe during the weekend :))

Dark_cze
Silver Member

Post by Dark_cze »

peter007 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:49 pm I will definetly show them [emoji16]

For now detailing is happening + front upper grill part and mirror covers wrapping in black

Niiiice I had this idea in september, even made a few pictures. Iam still waiting for better weather :D

viewtopic.php?p=542519#p542519