Are You Using Oil?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
big_amir
Getting There!

Re: Using Oil!

Post by big_amir »

My Cars back in again. As the oil consumption stayed the same after the upgrade. They have told me they are re opening the block to make sure all the work is done properly. I'm quite disappointed with this and I think I am going to start proceedings to reject the car.
skipster
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 GTI

Post by skipster »

tt509 wrote:
skipster wrote:
tt509 wrote:I've had the ring/scraper upgrade and done 500 miles and no oil used up to now :)
Great to hear, sounds very promising. It would have used some up by now. :)
thanks mate hows your going
Hi mate, yes seems to be fine thanks, although in all honesty have not driven it much in the last few days. I am confident about it though but I won't deem it to be fixed until I have done at least another 1,500 miles.
skipster
Silver Member

Post by skipster »

big_amir wrote:My Cars back in again. As the oil consumption stayed the same after the upgrade. They have told me they are re opening the block to make sure all the work is done properly. I'm quite disappointed with this and I think I am going to start proceedings to reject the car.
Hi mate, yes that does not sound promising. The fact that these other piston ring/scraper upgrades appear to be solving the issue would suggest that yours perhaps was not done correctly. As I recall you had yours done a while back now and have covered quite a distance.

You would have a much stronger case to reject the car as it is still not right, I think legally it is supposed to be 3 attempts but you don't expect to have 2 engine strip downs on a new car!

I feel for you on that one, please let us know what they say.
POLOGTI2011
Bronze Member

Post by POLOGTI2011 »

My car is going back in on tuesday! It's a 2011 with a new engine already! And now its doing the same thing just like the old engine when it hit the 4000 miles mark and this new one has done the same thing! Vw want to look at it "propely" If they put another new engine in or any new parts im rejecting it as it's not right! I have had enough of the exeprience with Vw and there customer care, im only 18 and they think im making it up until my old man went in and told them now they do something about it! Like I said in another post if they do anything im getting rid of it either for a brand new one or a couple of months old gtd golf.
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

POLOGTI2011 wrote:My car is going back in on tuesday! It's a 2011 with a new engine already! And now its doing the same thing just like the old engine when it hit the 4000 miles mark and this new one has done the same thing! Vw want to look at it "propely" If they put another new engine in or any new parts im rejecting it as it's not right! I have had enough of the exeprience with Vw and there customer care, im only 18 and they think im making it up until my old man went in and told them now they do something about it! Like I said in another post if they do anything im getting rid of it either for a brand new one or a couple of months old gtd golf.
hope it goes ok for you mate
skipster
Silver Member

Post by skipster »

POLOGTI2011 wrote:My car is going back in on tuesday! It's a 2011 with a new engine already! And now its doing the same thing just like the old engine when it hit the 4000 miles mark and this new one has done the same thing! Vw want to look at it "propely" If they put another new engine in or any new parts im rejecting it as it's not right! I have had enough of the exeprience with Vw and there customer care, im only 18 and they think im making it up until my old man went in and told them now they do something about it! Like I said in another post if they do anything im getting rid of it either for a brand new one or a couple of months old gtd golf.
Just realised 18 and driving a GTI? Good for you mate, surprised you can get insured for it though. :shock:
gavs
Silver Member

Post by gavs »

Can I please ask, all of you having oil consumption issues to answer the following questions, I have got a theory going here and after speaking with a few local VW techs, it might potentially shead some light....:

What model year is your GTI? (MY10, MY 11, My11.5, MY12 etc)

Are you on long-life service shedules?

What brand of oil is being put into your car, or is it the VW genuine oil?
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

mines in today :(

doubt they find anything wrong of solve my rattles
POLOGTI2011
Bronze Member

Post by POLOGTI2011 »

skipster wrote:
Just realised 18 and driving a GTI? Good for you mate, surprised you can get insured for it though. :shock:
Haha it's only £1000 fully comp! Alot of companys would not touch me ha! My car is in tomorow and if they start messing with it im leaving it there and want a brand new one as they have already put a new engine in it!
POLOGTI2011
Bronze Member

Post by POLOGTI2011 »

gavs wrote:Can I please ask, all of you having oil consumption issues to answer the following questions, I have got a theory going here and after speaking with a few local VW techs, it might potentially shead some light....:

2011 11 Plate
3 years free servicing
Whatever oil is in the vw workshops lol
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

well at least vw dont think im crackers they have confirmed my fears the car is using to much oil :D
skipster
Silver Member

Post by skipster »

gavs wrote:Can I please ask, all of you having oil consumption issues to answer the following questions, I have got a theory going here and after speaking with a few local VW techs, it might potentially shead some light....:

Hi Gavs, mine is a Dec 2010 so I think that qualifies as a MY2011

As you may have read, I have had the piston rings/scrapers replaced now and early signs are good that it has resolved the issue, just under 500 miles in so far.

As for oil, I was topping it up with Castrol Edge VW504, but it will now be running on whatever the dealer put in it.
skipster
Silver Member

Post by skipster »

daydotz wrote:well at least vw dont think im crackers they have confirmed my fears the car is using to much oil :D
I take it you were not tempted to break that makeshift seal they put onto the dipstick? :D

Then again, they may have got funny if it had been broken, so wise not to touch it. Good luck with it, I suspect they will change the rings/scrapers.
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

skipster wrote:
daydotz wrote:well at least vw dont think im crackers they have confirmed my fears the car is using to much oil :D
I take it you were not tempted to break that makeshift seal they put onto the dipstick? :D

Then again, they may have got funny if it had been broken, so wise not to touch it. Good luck with it, I suspect they will change the rings/scrapers.

i need to speak to the dealer it came from first and wait to see what vw suggest i expect it will be rings/scrapers though
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

Post by K.I.T.T. »

POLOGTI2011 wrote: Haha it's only £1000 fully comp! Alot of companys would not touch me ha! My car is in tomorow and if they start messing with it im leaving it there and want a brand new one as they have already put a new engine in it!
What company are you with if you don't mind me asking?

Ash