The Polo GTI engine I put in the Lupo

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

eeeekkk :shock: that is a lot of work and i just wouldn't knbow where to start! good luck to ya mate, lokking forward to seeing updated pics!
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

Nice one tigz, looks awsome! Hats off to you with all that work involved, looks great fun! :D
Tigz
Gold Member

Post by Tigz »

chris-gti wrote::o mate this looks like its gona be serious :shock: tb's for the win ......is it cammed as well or just the bods? what power are you hoping for ?
Cheers dude.
It'll be running a standard engine to start with, I want to start with somethig simplet unil its running and I can iron out any problems before I start on the engine.
I'll be swapping over to a AHF head as there seems to be more choice when it comes to cams/pulleys.

I think 165bhp would be easy before the cams, Id love to et 180bhp once Ive got the time/cash to rebuild the engine ready for 9000rpm :lol:
Dee-vub wrote:always wanted to do this to the polo! Didnt quite realise there was so much work involved :shock:
Neither did I! :lol:

Thanks for all the comments.

Just waiting for this to be delivered so I can see what the extra track width will do to my rear wheel clearance.

Arnoldo
Gold Member

Post by Arnoldo »

You Sir are a legend!!! Tbh we need more projects like this on the site. Great job you have done and keep up the good work 8)
Tigz
Gold Member

Post by Tigz »

Thanks mate

TBH I sometimes wish Id never started it, just want the thing to be finished its been way too long!