How to increase BHP?

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
Jamoygti
Getting There!

Post by Jamoygti »

b-random wrote:we're talkin abvout a 1.0 polo, Hardly the best of things to tune? after all the trouble and time wasting of fitting and tuning that many parts you've jus mentioned are you really gonna be satisfied with say another 5-10 bhp?? i know i wouldnt and i doubt its noticeable when driving a 1.0 polo either.

Btw you've just said this about your friends 1.4 16v, which is alot different compared to a 1.0 with half the valves...
nope they are not the best things to tune, i wouldn't even bother.

the primary reason for the induction kit would be, increase in response, coupled with a nicer sound. i fitted one to my old rover 1.1 8v. and it made a noticeable difference.

yes i know a fiat punto is not a 1.0 polo, but i was just saying that they can have impressive results, and yeah, a new manifold, exhaust system is essential if you are serious about modifying any car, but again, only really worth it if you have a 1.6 litre engine and above, although similar gains can be had with a smaller engine, a 1.2 16v for example.

and yes, i would be satisfied with another 5-10hp, cos it's not ALL about the power, its about response, increase torque, smoothness, and sound. i know what i am talking about, i've been there and experienced the differences. but not on a 1.0 polo. just leave it alone i say, spend money on getting it looking ace, or save for a bigger engine.

An induction kit is a very simple bit of tuning, relatively cheap for its gains, and the easiest way to increase power, even 1-2 hp, it makes a difference in low powered cars.
b-random
Bronze Member

Post by b-random »

but not on a 1.0 polo. just leave it alone i say, spend money on getting it looking ace, or save for a bigger engine.

Some wise words said their may i add.