Zoe's Candy 1.4 Match

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Enty
Getting There!
Drives: Candy 6R

Re: New member - 1.4 Match

Post by Enty »

AJ_7 wrote:Not normally a fan of de-wipering but it looks nice without. Not something i'd do on my own car but it looks good :) Quite like the sticker as well.. 8)
Thankyou :)
jonnymoore wrote:where'd you get the help for de-wipering? ive looked for loadsa stuff but cant find anything. looks far better without the wiper :)
I just typed it in on google and this webpage came up...
http://de-wiper.info/2011/manuel-remove ... s-polo-6r/
:)
Spcvw wrote:Class white decal, looks soooo much better smooth with no wiper.this is a mod id do.

Steve.
Cheers! Yeah you should go for it, it's really easy and simple to do :)
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Re: New member - 1.4 Match

Post by CANDYMAN »

Enty wrote:
SAMBA VAN MAN wrote:Hiya Zoe
Very nice motor you have there, I have just ordered the very same car in the same colour now i have seen your rear end :oops: Spoiler thinking i may put an order in for that to be fitted. I wan't keen on a full bodykit as i think it spoils the lines of the car. Oh im a new member aswell.

Paul :D
Yeah I felt the same about the bodykit, it looked very OTT and didn't look very 'oem' either lol Have you managed to get a spoiler yet then?
mashmarriner wrote:Very nice mota. Tbh not to keen one the spoiler.

But u defo have the right idea with the mods u got planned.

I have mine lowered 120mm and 6k HIDs with all round LEDs and LED licence plate lights. Got all pretty cheap. If want details on were to get them ask

And as for the red alloys. Go for it. I got a black moda and wanting green merc mono blocks. U defo wanna stand out like. I am already known round my end for my car without the green monoblocks. So go for it

May I also suggest red Rh zw1 alloys. They really suit the polo and will look stunning in red with a White car ;). I'll see if I can get a pic of the polo I seen with them on
Each to their own eh, be very boring place if we all liked the same thing lol :)

Your lights sound good, after finding I've got some spare cash end of this month I'm gonna get me some I think, so any advise you could give me would be great! I understand for a set of hid bulbs it's *about* £100, so just wanna get the daytime/dipped beam bulbs first I think? The phillips bulbs I got are ok, but they're for main beam, so I want something better for the lights which are on constantly lol

That polo looks nice :) Yeah, I used to stand out quite a bit with my old 106 - had fluro yellow wing mirrors and pin stripes on the wheels haha!

ALSO: Update for today - I have purchased a sticker for my rear window saying 'fresh' - cos I like to think the car is new and fresh, and also polo mints are fresh, so it suits it perfectly :D
And have also de-wipered the back, using a brilliant guide I found on google! Bought a glass bung to go in the hole, and job's a goodun :p

Hiya Zoe

Well i have been in contact with the dealer and they want ARE YOU SITTING DOWN £550 to Supply paint and fit the rear roof Spoiler :shock: Either they are having my pants down or it is super lightweight spaceage paint. :lol:
AJ_7
Gold Member

Re: Zoe's Candy 1.4 Match

Post by AJ_7 »

£550? I'd say they're having your pants down. It's listed on their website for £180. Your not telling me it costs £370 to paint and fit a spoiler. Somewhere in the region of 250-275 i'd say is acceptable but £550. They're clearly not that bothered for your business.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/acce ... =10&max=10
stuart.cameron
Bronze Member

Post by stuart.cameron »

Looks good :)

I like the de wipered look and the white decal but wouldn't de wiper my own.
Enty
Getting There!

Post by Enty »

Well I've just had a look in my extras book - they list the spolier for £180, and then I got the dealer to write next to it how much it would be fitted and painted - and he wrote £230ish, so I'm guessing that's the price I've paid!

So maybe you should try going to a different dealer! Lol
mashmarriner
Gold Member

Post by mashmarriner »

These are the light I have

170618587238 eBay item number

6k h7. Looks really nice and only £60tp £70. It was £50 wen I got them and just fitted them my self easy

As for the DRLs these are just the standard main beam lights. As u change to HIDs the DRLs are HIDs aswell. Ppl get sick of my blinding on even though out the day now ;) lol

Ps easy to fit but wen it come to the metal adaptors on the main beam bulb there is a little metal bit I had to snap
Off to get the HIDs bulbs to fit bud

Just look at ya lights take ya time with it. All it really is is changeing a bulb. Easy as f**k. And of ya don't no just YouTube how to do it

Also main and dipped beam are h7. My fogs are H8 6k LEDs and side lights are 501.

And if u get a dash warning light about the lights just ignore it. Dose fook all if ya do it just there haha
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

This is the e-mail i have received from my dealership

Hi Paul,

Yes it would seem an easy Item to fit, but it has a logged fitting time on VW systems of 1 hour to prepare, align, bond and test. That is £80 + VAT. The rest of the cost is the prep colour matching and painting cost.

If it is something you would like to do I would be happy to arrange it for you,

Regards

Well i do like the spoiler but not at £550 :shock:
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Hiya Zoe

Are your rear windows tinted from factory?? Is the tint a black tint or a green tint?
Enty
Getting There!

Post by Enty »

Hi, erm I'd say black but on those photos above it looks a bit greeny/blue doesn't it?

And yeah it's factory tinted, it's a standard feature with the Match :)
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Yeah your photo's do look abit of a green/blue tinge to it, But another chap i asked on here said deffinatly black. Maybe it's the way the camera picks it up???
Enty
Getting There!

Post by Enty »

Sooo think I should do a little update here!

Got some pressed metal plates for Xmas from Dubmeister :D

They are sweet, and look so much better than the plastic ones! A simple mod that looks very effective I think. Even people who I work with who aren't into cars at all have commented on them saying they look really nice :)

I've also been able to cut my hours slightly at work, so I will have every other Friday off, which will hopefully give me the chance to get a black vinyl roof done :)
Also decided HID bulbs are a deffinate, just have to wait a few more weeks til payday, as I'm well and truly skint after Christmas!
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Wheels are a definite too, get them changed soon :)
Enty
Getting There!

Post by Enty »

Oh I really wanna change the wheels, but not gonna do them or lowering until the free insurance runs out in October - cos you're not allowed mods with it lol
I've been looking at wheels for a while and I really really like the Rotiform BLQ ones, but they're gonna be expensive! I'm hopefully gonna save up for some though, I think it would be worth it as they are stunning 8)
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Yeah they actually do look lethal, always see them on golfs and leon but not a polo yet, would be unique :) That insurance thing is a bummer, at least it gives you time to save
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Are those plates illegal? I like the 3d plates and was looking at the gel 3d plates but people were saying they are illegal :( I hope these are not. Do they have the makers details and the bs number on them? My Polo will come with free insurance but i may cancel it and sort my own. As when you read the policy on the vw insurance it is very limited, No windscreen cover, No personal liability cover, No protected no claims, Your not insured to drive someone elses car 3rd party. :shock: I bet this would catch alot of people out who don't read the small print.

https://www.insurewithvolkswagen.co.uk/ ... Policy.pdf