TheFrog's Blue GT 6C

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
TheFrog
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Re: TheFrog's Blue GT 6C

Post by TheFrog »

CrypticG wrote:Thank you my friend! Please let us know, how the 60W goes in regards to getting flashed haha! I would like to know before i go ahead and buy some
Will do.

Spent an hour this afternoon Dynamatting the spare wheel well and lining the exposed metal under the rear bench with some 13mm Dynaliner. In addition to the noise reduction, it makes the squab a bit more comfortable to sit on :)

jammydodger
Silver Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by jammydodger »

The car looks really good The Frog, I'm sure you will be having equally as much fun in this as in your MX5 :) I've just upgraded from an SE 6R to a 6C SEL so I'm interested in the DRL's and indicators...

Do you have any video clips of the indicators in action? Are they a quick flash like you find in Audis and BMWs?
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

Tried to video them, but the iPhone can't keep up! But yes, they are exactly like the Audi ones, and no error messages.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Are you going to install an audio system in the trunk? :)
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

ciclo wrote:Are you going to install an audio system in the trunk? :)
Probably not, but I have access to cheap Dynamat and Dynaliner, so I thought I'd stick some in there :wink:

Some outdoor photos. The last one shows the LED DRLs which, in the daylight, don't seem inordinately bright. No worse than Toyotas or Audis.

TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

This morning's 'mods': GTI tailpipe finishers and a dash of black stone chip spray on the (white) towing eye, which stuck out like a sore thumb.

Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

TheFrog wrote:This morning's 'mods': GTI tailpipe finishers and a dash of black stone chip spray on the (white) towing eye, which stuck out like a sore thumb.
My 6R came with a plastic cover over the tow eye...
JB1891
New
Drives: Blue GT

Post by JB1891 »

Hi guys, new to the forum so this is my first post. Nice looking car TheFrog, I'm currently waiting for my 3dr white GT to arrive for a March delivery :D Just had an email today to say that it's moved to step five and on it's way, quick question, how long does it usually take to arrive at the dealers?

Also, do you have a part no for the chrome exhaust trims, they look great and just finish the car off :mrgreen:

Thanks...
Last edited by JB1891 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

It looks perfect, good job with both mods. Image
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

Mart!n-GTI-DK wrote:
TheFrog wrote:This morning's 'mods': GTI tailpipe finishers and a dash of black stone chip spray on the (white) towing eye, which stuck out like a sore thumb.
My 6R came with a plastic cover over the tow eye...
A €0.02 saving on each 6C :roll:
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

ciclo wrote:It looks perfect, good job with both mods. Image
Thanks, Ciclo. I try to tweak my cars so they look better without looking modded :wink:
jammydodger
Silver Member

Post by jammydodger »

Have you noticed any difference with regards to road noise after the Dynamatting? It's already very refined but I have an awful lot of wind noise coming from the drivers door which is frustrating me and the dealer is being funny about realigning the door. :cry:
CrypticG
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2 TSI SEL (6C)

TheFrog's Blue GT 6C

Post by CrypticG »

I would like to dynmat my doors too, Polo 3 door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

I have Dynamatted the boot, rear bench and under the bonnet so far, but I'm a bit wary about dismantling the doors. Dynamat definitely works, but it's often difficult to reassemble the door cards as well as they were in the factory, and you end up with broken clips and unwanted rattles. I have Dynamatted all of my MX5, but that's an old design - the Polo is much better screwed together and I am loathe to start messing with it.
jammydodger
Silver Member

Post by jammydodger »

TheFrog wrote:I have Dynamatted the boot, rear bench and under the bonnet so far, but I'm a bit wary about dismantling the doors. Dynamat definitely works, but it's often difficult to reassemble the door cards as well as they were in the factory, and you end up with broken clips and unwanted rattles. I have Dynamatted all of my MX5, but that's an old design - the Polo is much better screwed together and I am loathe to start messing with it.
Agreed, the doors a well left alone... My last Polo had it's door cables replaced by VW due to them seizing in winter and I had a constant vibrating sound everytime I accelerated/put on bassy music because there was a broken door clip at the bottom of the door :evil: