Polo 6R --> 6C Tail Lights conversion: parking lights not working.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Jay-Jay
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 6R HL 1.2TSI 77kw, Audi S1 MY2018

Re: Polo 6R --> 6C Tail Lights conversion: parking lights not working.

Post by Jay-Jay »

ciclo wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:11 am I tested both OSRAM LEDriving lamps that I showed above, the quality of the emitted light is excellent (for SCLs and P/S lights), but I found that although they fit well in their corresponding places, they do not do so in such a precise way like halogen bulbs.

I think it is possible that with time, bumps in the road, etc. make a bad contact and stop working temporarily, so I have decided not to leave them installed. :|
Uhmm, that's strange. When I installed Osram RED LEDs lamps as P/S lights in Tail Lights, I found they fitted so tightly and precisely, at the point that at first I stopped myself from pushing into the contacts to avoid damaging something and I looked at the lamp's connector to ensure it was T15 type.
In the end, I had to push really hard to install them.
Then, as always, I put one lamp with inverted polarity, so it didn't turn on. :roll:
So, I had to pull it out and 180° rotate it. It was really stuck in the contacts hole that I had to pull so hard that I was worried I could have destroyed everything. :shock:
In my case, Osram LEDs T15 lamps were so tight and precize fit that I definetely can't be worried for them to not make contact, even with my car's bad comfort due to all the suspension modifications I've done and the extremely destroyed streets of Rome. :lol:
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Polo 6R --> 6C Tail Lights conversion: parking lights not working.

Post by ciclo »

hahaha ...

I suppose I would have to slightly flex the metal that holds the bulbs in my 6C taillights to calm my thoughts about possible future failures due to false contacts.
I also suppose that since I am doing very good retrofits for my wife's Golf everything related to the 6R has taken a back seat in my mind and I no longer do anything on the 6R that requires extra effort ... (slightly joking).
The 6R is now only exclusively for fun, you already know perfectly what I mean (and many others) since you also have the engine tuned ... my 6R has increased consumption by 1l per 100km (nothing to worry about), it is not due to engine tuning ... now I will have to tune my foot. :lol: