New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
TurboTrev
Getting There!
Drives: Golf CS

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by TurboTrev »

Trantor wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:24 pm
TurboTrev wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:52 pm ^^^^ Mine also went Stage 5b - 3 July (arrived in Emden). It actually arrived 1 July as I was tracking the boat.

Just waiting in the queue now for a ship to bring it up to the Port of Tyne.

Car was ordered towards the end of April 2018.
Both cars may have been on the same boat. Next stop for mine will be Sheerness. You've been waiting longer than I have! Surely we must be among the last of us waiting 13-18 months? Enjoy our car when it finally arrives. :)
Thanks, yes it's been a long time. So long that we cancelled the order in May 2018 when we were told that it may take 9 months and bought an in-stock T Roc instead. Then last month we were told "our" car had been built so we "re-bought" it and the T Roc is going in part-ex! Just had news this morning that it's at Stage 5c - in transit near the UK, so it must be on the City of Barcelona carrier due to dock in the Port of Tyne tomorrow! I hope yours is also on the way soon!
Trantor
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Trantor »

TurboTrev wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:16 am
Thanks, yes it's been a long time. So long that we cancelled the order in May 2018 when we were told that it may take 9 months and bought an in-stock T Roc instead. Then last month we were told "our" car had been built so we "re-bought" it and the T Roc is going in part-ex! Just had news this morning that it's at Stage 5c - in transit near the UK, so it must be on the City of Barcelona carrier due to dock in the Port of Tyne tomorrow! I hope yours is also on the way soon!
Must have been fate getting your original car after all! I had my current 6C GTI for just under 2 years when I started to look closely at the new AW model. I had heard that there were extended delivery times so decided to order one. Little did I know how extended it would be! Timing has not worked out too bad as the 6C will be almost 3 years old when I get the new one.

Reading about your 5c caused me to check my phone. Allas no messages! Still sat at Emden. Not too much longer I hope.
TurboTrev
Getting There!

Post by TurboTrev »

^^^You may be in luck Trantor, the Malacca Highway left Emden for Sheerness at 17:06 today (6th July) and is currently expected in Sheerness at 11.12 tomorrow (7th July). A text could be on its way to you tomorrow morning! Fingers crossed yours is on board!
Trantor
Getting There!

Post by Trantor »

TurboTrev wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:59 pm ^^^You may be in luck Trantor, the Malacca Highway left Emden for Sheerness at 17:06 today (6th July) and is currently expected in Sheerness at 11.12 tomorrow (7th July). A text could be on its way to you tomorrow morning! Fingers crossed yours is on board!
Many thanks for the heads up. No messages so far. I’ll listen out for the “text ping of excitement” :lol:
Chris_pepper85
New
Drives: AW Gti

Post by Chris_pepper85 »

I’m waiting for a Flash Red GTI at the moment. I know it arrived at Emden on Monday 1st and I’m guessing it’ll be coming to me via Grimsby (I’m in Derby, East Midlands). Anyone got any info as to when it’ll be leaving Emden or what ship? Any info would be useful as the VW updates are poor at best! 😂

Cheers

Christian
NL-GTI
New
Drives: Reef Blue GTI

Post by NL-GTI »

Chris_pepper85 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:16 pm I’m waiting for a Flash Red GTI at the moment. I know it arrived at Emden on Monday 1st
Christian
Hi Christian,

Can you tell me what build week your GTI had or date that it has been built.
I have no info for my GTI at all other then build week 23.

TIA
TurboTrev
Getting There!

Post by TurboTrev »

Chris_pepper85 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:16 pm I’m waiting for a Flash Red GTI at the moment. I know it arrived at Emden on Monday 1st and I’m guessing it’ll be coming to me via Grimsby (I’m in Derby, East Midlands). Anyone got any info as to when it’ll be leaving Emden or what ship? Any info would be useful as the VW updates are poor at best! 😂

Cheers

Christian
You might be in luck! The City of Barcelona carrier is currently heading to Grimsby from Emden, It's due to arrive today at around 22:00 hrs. See: https://www.myshiptracking.com/vessels/ ... mo-9046368
Chris_pepper85
New

Post by Chris_pepper85 »

Amazing thank you! I’ll call my dealer tomorrow to check.
Aprice2000
New
Drives: GTI +

Post by Aprice2000 »

Hello,

I ordered my GTI + in December 2018 and have been reading this forum regular since and finally decided to join. My car had been built on week 23 of this year and arrived in emden last week on the martorell as I was tracking its journey. However I only received the 5b update yesterday morning. Does anybody know if the tracker is up to date or reliable since I know 2 or 3 boats have now left for GB since my car has been there. I believe mine would go to sheerness as its maybe the closest to wales and I hope mine would be on the one that left yesterday on the marraca highway 😂

Any insight into this would be appreciated.
Cheers
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Aprice2000 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:54 am Hello,

I ordered my GTI + in December 2018 and have been reading this forum regular since and finally decided to join. My car had been built on week 23 of this year and arrived in emden last week on the martorell as I was tracking its journey. However I only received the 5b update yesterday morning. Does anybody know if the tracker is up to date or reliable since I know 2 or 3 boats have now left for GB since my car has been there. I believe mine would go to sheerness as its maybe the closest to wales and I hope mine would be on the one that left yesterday on the marraca highway 😂

Cheers
For most, the tracker is an extremely unreliable information source; build week is often inaccurate, and updates can be weeks behind the actual car status or non existent. Many forum members have actually taken delivery of their cars and the tracker is still showing as ‘in transit’.

Might be better to contact your dealer or VW Customer Services who will hopefully have more reliable information.
Aprice2000
New
Drives: GTI +

Post by Aprice2000 »

SRGTD wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:43 am

Cheers
For most, the tracker is an extremely unreliable information source; build week is often inaccurate, and updates can be weeks behind the actual car status or non existent. Many forum members have actually taken delivery of their cars and the tracker is still showing as ‘in transit’.

Might be better to contact your dealer or VW Customer Services who will hopefully have more reliable information.
That's crazy. I will try and ring them after work today. Thank you SRGTD
Chris_pepper85
New

Post by Chris_pepper85 »

I called my dealer today and they told me my car is still at Emden. It obviously wasn’t on the ship that left for Grimsby on Monday so hopefully it will be on it’s way across soon.

If anyone hears about another ship from Emden to Grimsby in the near future I’d greatly appreciate them posting about it.

Cheers.
NL-GTI
New
Drives: Reef Blue GTI

Post by NL-GTI »

I ordered my GTI + in December 2018 and have been reading this forum regular since and finally decided to join. My car had been built on week 23 of this year and arrived in emden last week on the martorell as I was tracking its journey.
Thanks for sharing that Aprice2000.
My GTI has a built week 23 also and hopefully it was on that shame ship. :mrgreen:
Emden is close to our border in the North-East.
My GTI will leave Emden by train I have been told, destination the center of the country (Main VW dealer/importer).
From there it will be transported by truck to my VW-dealer.
Trantor
Getting There!

Post by Trantor »

We're still moving forward...

"Ping of Excitement" heard this morning as a 5c message was received! :)

Chronology so far...

Ordered GTI+ mid June 2018
Built mid May 2019
5a - 1st June 2019
5b - 3rd July 2019
5c - 11th July 2019

Without any prompt from me the dealer phoned this afternoon to say the car has arrived in the UK, being processed and waiting for a transporter. If the tracker was up to date I should have a received a stage 6 message :roll: He said I should be looking to take delivery end of next week but he'll confirm early next week. I have to say I've been very satisfied with the local VW dealer sales guy. He's done about as much as he could under the circumstances.

All being well I'll soon be driving it - AT LAST!! :D and see how it compares to my current 6C GTI; after a suitable running in period of course :wink:. I'll have it for just over a week when it will be going to a local detailer for 1.5 to 2 days for a full paint prep, ceramic coating on the body and wheels, plus full interior protection. Must be decent stuff (Auto Triz) as it has a 3 yr guarantee for the body coating and 2 yrs for the wheels. Costing about the same as the dealer was charging for LifeShine.
TurboTrev
Getting There!

Post by TurboTrev »

^^^That's great news!

Mine has been stuck in the Port of Tyne holding area since last Saturday evening and it still hasn't been scanned in. :roll: Until it has been, the delivery company can't allocate a delivery date.