ciclo's Polo. R-line 1.2 TSI 90hp 119gr.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Re: ciclo's Polo. R-line 1.2 TSI 90hp 119gr.

Post by benzinkopf »

Speaking of which, can anyone shed some light on how difficult it is to retrofit the headlight washer system in our 6R? do i need a new specific washer container or i can just use the existing unit and install the pump? and for the bumper, im sure its much easier to just change the bumper that have the mechanism, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Pave wrote:Hi ciclo!

First greetings from Finland!!

I´m planning to install oem xenon lights to my Polo. I´ve read most of the topics about those procedures, but as you said, each car is individual depending many variations and so on.
So I´m asking is it possible to get your help installing those. I have to say that at this moment I can´t istall those full oem way (New bcm max, auto levelling system etc.)
Cars with xenon lights are needed that auto levelling and headlight washers here in Finland, so I have to remove those xenons once a year because MOT... that´s why I´m asking can I get those working in any way.
This time I want to install those just to get the lights working someway... don´t need dimming leds or so on...
Just asking is there any way to get those work in any way??
I will open new topic or whatever way you like if you want to help. But if you don´t have time or don´t be interesting because that partly installation, I understand.

Of course I will post vcds scan and needed pictures when necessary, but as I said this is first and humble inquiry :)
Hi Pave

Of course I will help you. You can do the installation little by little without having to do it the wrong way.

First step.
The best and only way is to install a BCM Max, for this, I recommend that you speak with firegrafik.

Second step.
Adapt this BCM Max. I can make a special wiring for you.

These two steps will come out cheaper than anything else you do, you can be absolutely sure of it , and in turn you get it the right way to continue with the next steps.

Third step.
Install the new original Bixenon headlights with the T10-T14 harness. (Carsystem, kufatec)

And continue with the next necessary steps that you have already commented, when possible for you. :wink:

Please, open a new topic with a Autoscan recent.
Pave
New
Drives: 1.2 Tsi Highline 2011

Post by Pave »

Ciclo

That´s great to hear, thanks!

Because I´m annoying new user, I have to ask is there any chance to get those light work even in partially without changing bcm?? :?
I know that word "partially working" is not belonging to your vocabularity :D but unfortunately for me it is...

I mean, can I get low / high beams, drl led, blinkers to work just connecting right cables from T10-T14 harness to right places in my car?
My car has originally drl lights, cornering lights via fog...

I have already ordered headlights and that T10-T14 harness... that´s why I want to test / try can I get the lights working in any way...

But back to that BCM Max...
Does that have to be new one or can I get second hand / used one?
And what is the correct version of it? 090, 090B or something else... I thought that 089 isn´t good enough?? Now my car has 087H

But I open new topic when I get fullautoscan

Thanks to you!
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

For a fullly functional and legal retrofit, BCM max/high is the only option.
firegrafik
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R 1,6MPI(CFNA) sedan

Post by firegrafik »

Pave wrote:.......I have to ask is there any chance to get those light work even in partially without changing bcm??
It possible. But it is custom way. Many Polo sedan owners in Russia installed OEM bixenon headlights but unfortunately they didn't retrofit it fully OEM. Rare Polo owner is brave enough to provide wiring retrofit with max BCM. Maybe the other reason is in hand skills in the automotive electric.

There is an example of such retrofit.
Shortly it consists of installing manually controlled 3 pin range motor from halogen headlight instead of factory 4 pin AFS motors in the bixenon headlight. It is for having possibility of headlights range controle manually like halogen headlights.
Than they connected external controllers for DRL and adaptive lights (it works only with flashing lights)

In the end it looks like 10pins to 14 pint adapter with the box (external controller)

In my opinion it is not the good decision I think OEM is best.

The original post
https://www.drive2.ru/l/8764086/

As for headlights washers some guys installed alternative kit for example from GM models
https://www.drive2.ru/l/456602715955398946/
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Pave wrote:Ciclo

That´s great to hear, thanks!

Because I´m annoying new user, I have to ask is there any chance to get those light work even in partially without changing bcm?? :?
I know that word "partially working" is not belonging to your vocabularity :D but unfortunately for me it is...

I mean, can I get low / high beams, drl led, blinkers to work just connecting right cables from T10-T14 harness to right places in my car?
My car has originally drl lights, cornering lights via fog...

I have already ordered headlights and that T10-T14 harness... that´s why I want to test / try can I get the lights working in any way...

But back to that BCM Max...
Does that have to be new one or can I get second hand / used one?
And what is the correct version of it? 090, 090B or something else... I thought that 089 isn´t good enough?? Now my car has 087H

But I open new topic when I get fullautoscan

Thanks to you!
Your 6R has DRLs without BCM control, are through light switch - fuse 56 - bulbs.

:arrow: Your BCM is not ready for Bixenon headlights (logically).

- If you do the trick without add weird things (diodes, capacitors, etc) can make that work:
Low Beam
High Beam
Turn signals
AFS
Headlight washer system

- never can make that properly work:
Drls from LED module.
Front parking lights from LED module.

If you do the trick adding weird things this conversation now is ended. It's highly dangerous if you have a slight front mishap with your 6R ... you already know.

So, we start again, you need a BCM Max, and wiring for BCM adaptation that can be without wiring for automatic headlight system - will be more cheaper- in fact..., but if you have RLS is better install the wiring for automatic lights at the same time. Depends on you and your pocket.

BCM Max
You have many possibilities: Contact firegrafik, or take a look in the forum sales section, or search with your browser...Image

List for 6R BCM Max (433Mhz):

7E0937090B the best now.
7E0937090
7E0937089

7H0937090D
7H0937090B
7H0937090

7H0937089F
7H0937089D the Oldest.

Nothing more to add about BCM Max because you go to install Bixenon. Ah yes, the best not mean more expensive.
kessichel wrote:For a fullly functional and legal retrofit, BCM max/high is the only option.
+1
firegrafik wrote:...
In my opinion it is not the good decision I think OEM is best.
+1
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

"IF you do the trick adding weird things this conversation now is ended".

+100! [emoji1360]

If there's a better way, I'm sure everybody here already did that. Changing the bcm is critical and no short cut. I've experienced with the replica plug n play headlights. Even with that, lots of problems and i ended up having a malfunction headlights. I dont think you want to take the risk with original headlights then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

'Even the more beautiful flowers also need branches with leaves, a good stem, and a proper flowerpot to be able to grow/glow...' :lol:

The water already is there... fortunately.
Pave
New

Post by Pave »

Thanks for the replies to everyone!

First I thought that I try to get those xenons partially working, but it seems to be too hard and causing too much trouble.
So you guys talked me into it.... I forget whole hassling :)

So, I´m starting to look for that BCM Max... there is one for sale at sales section, and I send PM to firegrafik...
How about used one BCM´s?? Is there something I should know, or can I get those work also?
There is few used one for sale at the ebay / web...

My car has headlight washers, doesn´t have RLS.... and I think I´m not going to install RLS / Auto lights.... Windscreen of the car changed when I bought the car few months ago... so I don´t want to change it again to proper one with rain / light sensor.
So at this point I think I stick with the change of BCM, wiring for adaptation and changing that dimmer switch.... and if I want to make it full oem way in the future, I´ll install that auto levelling system.

edited: Obviously I can´t send PM`s, so if you firegrafik could send message to me first :wink:
firegrafik
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R 1,6MPI(CFNA) sedan

Post by firegrafik »

Pave wrote:....Obviously I can´t send PM`s, so if you firegrafik could send message to me first :wink:
Look at your PM. As I wrote it could not be necessary to change windscreen to have the possibility for installing rain-light sensor. I did without it

The original report.
https://www.drive2.ru/l/9309752/
Pave
New

Post by Pave »

ciclo wrote: First step.
The best and only way is to install a BCM Max, for this, I recommend that you speak with firegrafik.

Second step.
Adapt this BCM Max. I can make a special wiring for you.

These two steps will come out cheaper than anything else you do, you can be absolutely sure of it , and in turn you get it the right way to continue with the next steps.

Third step.
Install the new original Bixenon headlights with the T10-T14 harness. (Carsystem, kufatec)

And continue with the next necessary steps that you have already commented, when possible for you. :wink:

Please, open a new topic with a Autoscan recent.
Ok, I opened topic of my car.

And now that bcm max ordering is on it´s way... thanks to firegrafik!

There is autoscan at my topic.... one stupid question... how can I make that autoscan shows for example as in your first page?

There is few pictures of my car, do you want me to post those fusebox, relay carrier, light switch etc. pictures there too?

And if you can one more time tell what pictures is needed...

About that bcm max adaptation harness... could you tell some prices if I take only harness for xenon light and harness if I want to add RLS some day.

Thanks in advance!
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

[ code]autoscan [/ code]

Remove spaces

Code: Select all

autoscan
Photos of fuse box, relay carrier, dimmet and light switch connector would help yes. :-)
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Ok, I've seen your new topic and checked your VCDS Autoscan. The faults are due to the mods you have made. Antenna and LEDs on fog lights. Please also take a close-up picture of these LEDs on fog lights.

Nice 6R. 8) The more I see the more I like it.

In your new topic, maybe, we are going to discover new secrets of the wiring/wires that are manufactured in other places, with the sole aim of doing correctly the BCM Max adaptation. (to give emotion to these topics that seem repeated but that they are not at all)

The price of the wires depends on what you are able to do (with our help) with some cables that you will receive, maybe zero. We will try to make it zero (in your new topic).
ciclo wrote:'Even the more beautiful flowers also need branches with leaves, a good stem, and a proper flowerpot to be able to grow/glow...' :lol:

The water already is there... fortunately.
'The way in which the branches are distributed in a tree is very important' :lol:
Pave
New

Post by Pave »

ciclo wrote:Ok, I've seen your new topic and checked your VCDS Autoscan. The faults are due to the mods you have made. Antenna and LEDs on fog lights. Please also take a close-up picture of these LEDs on fog lights.
I added picture of fog light bulb
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Ok. Thank you.
(I'll tell you later what to do with the cables you've already received)
I am subscribed to your topic.