New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: New GTI

Post by SRGTD »

JaegerStriker wrote:hi all!!

ive been looking at the GTI for some time now and im getting super confused. does the GTI come with the LED DRLs as standard. Lookers website states that it does, VW website says it doesnt unless you get the light and sight pack. anyone know which is accurate.

im presuming its going to be the VW website but unsure

thanks
Yes, I can confirm my Polo GTI does have LED DRL's as standard. Not certain where you were looking on the VW website but if you go to the Polo under the New Cars section and select the 'Models' section, go to the GTI and press the 'Full Details' button. Under 'Standard Equipment' -> Exterior -> Lighting. Select the 'i' (info) button alongside the 'LED headlights' item and the following details are displayed;

LED headlights for dipped and main beam Including separate LED daytime running lights, automatic range adjustment, headlight washers, low washer fluid warning light and LED rear number plate lights.
JaegerStriker
Bronze Member
Drives: 6C GTI

Post by JaegerStriker »

SRGTD wrote:
JaegerStriker wrote:hi all!!

ive been looking at the GTI for some time now and im getting super confused. does the GTI come with the LED DRLs as standard. Lookers website states that it does, VW website says it doesnt unless you get the light and sight pack. anyone know which is accurate.

im presuming its going to be the VW website but unsure

thanks
Yes, I can confirm my Polo GTI does have LED DRL's as standard. Not certain where you were looking on the VW website but if you go to the Polo under the New Cars section and select the 'Models' section, go to the GTI and press the 'Full Details' button. Under 'Standard Equipment' -> Exterior -> Lighting. Select the 'i' (info) button alongside the 'LED headlights' item and the following details are displayed;

LED headlights for dipped and main beam Including separate LED daytime running lights, automatic range adjustment, headlight washers, low washer fluid warning light and LED rear number plate lights.
ahhhhhhh. ive been going straight to configure your polo and thats where its gotten me confused. it doesnt list the LED DRLs in the standard features when you go into configure your polo

thanks guys!!
Jaimielad
New
Drives: Black 2016 Gti

Post by Jaimielad »

Silver bmw 1 polo 0
Gutted ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baxgttdi
New
Drives: GTi

Post by Baxgttdi »

Jaimielad wrote:Silver bmw 1 polo 0
Gutted [img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160803/36941ef7c80d023f638435d7dd40c5da.jpg[/img][img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160803/8af5dba997682cc455ba549fe8c4a1a3.jpg[/img]

What happened?

Jaimielad
New
Drives: Black 2016 Gti

Post by Jaimielad »

The wife was turning right off the main road and the lovely lady in the Bmw at the junction pulled out and clipped her just in front of the back wheel
She has accepted full responsibility and her insurance has already been in touch so that is a plus but it's annoying as f@&k
Nobody injured also and as an old farmer boy said to me once before "rather tin than skin"

m0rrthal
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 VW Polo 6C GTI

Post by m0rrthal »

When I'm driving with a cold engine I'm experiencing some kind stuttering, I'm not sure how to explain it, but the engine is working in a little bit jerky, uneven way - especially when going slow on low RPM. After few minutes, when it gets warm, everything works as a charm.

Is anyone having similar experience? What could be the cause?
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

m0rrthal wrote:When I'm driving with a cold engine I'm experiencing some kind stuttering, I'm not sure how to explain it, but the engine is working in a little bit jerky, uneven way - especially when going slow on low RPM. After few minutes, when it gets warm, everything works as a charm.

Did u see my recent post on this m8, I get a hesitation wen cold accelerating in 2nd and 3rd gear mainly. It only does it once or twice then fine once warm. Changed to 95RON fuel but its still doing it, but hasn't cut out since
C_Randell_23
Getting There!
Drives: 6C GTI Black 3dr Manual with toys

Post by C_Randell_23 »

Andy4791 wrote:
m0rrthal wrote:When I'm driving with a cold engine I'm experiencing some kind stuttering, I'm not sure how to explain it, but the engine is working in a little bit jerky, uneven way - especially when going slow on low RPM. After few minutes, when it gets warm, everything works as a charm.

Did u see my recent post on this m8, I get a hesitation wen cold accelerating in 2nd and 3rd gear mainly. It only does it once or twice then fine once warm. Changed to 95RON fuel but its still doing it, but hasn't cut out since
By cold, how cold do you mean? Literally just after you turn the key and try to pull away? All cars no matter what, will run lumpy when they are on choke from a cold start, its easy to tell this as the car idles above 1.1k rpm and once the choke is off it idles around 800 rpm. To stop the lumpiness I ALLWAYS let the car idle for a minute on a cold start and never touch the throttle when the choke is on, waiting for the revs to drop before pulling away, this will stop any lumpy running for sure. The one occasion I was in a real hurry and had to pull away as I turned the key the car for the whole journey felt lumpy as it does not really settle itself. Also another point I am almost 99% sure that the car is designed not to make peak boost when the engine is cold to protect the engine and turbo as a cold engine is an un-lubricated engine. You should just try letting the engine idle as I always do and only ever put your foot down once the oil is atleast at 90 degrees, I have had 0 issues with mine and previous cars following these steps.

Regarding the engine cuting out, does it do this with the STOP- START turned off? my car sometimes seems like its cutting out at the lights but its just the stop stat cutting the engine out then restarting straight away as I am in between changing gears.
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

Mine cut out once with stop start enabled an once disabled. Its hesitation is wen it's running on choke I'd say. Never had to 'warm through' on any other car I've had.
C_Randell_23
Getting There!

Post by C_Randell_23 »

Andy4791 wrote:Mine cut out once with stop start enabled an once disabled. Its hesitation is wen it's running on choke I'd say. Never had to 'warm through' on any other car I've had.
I have no idea about the cutting out then, maybe you were going at very low rpm in a tall gear that cut the engine out, I have experienced that, thought I was in neatural coming up to the lights but I was in gear 2 and the engine just cut out as I was nearly at a stop, these turbo engins act different to nat asp engines I have had in the past, they don't like very low rpm's.

Also I have experienced lumpy running on all my other cars when they have been on choke, the cars run a much richer fuel to air mixture on choke so slight changes to the throttle are exaggerated causing lumpiness and jerkiness, also the oil is not up to operating temp so there is more resistance in the engine ect which is why i just give everything a minute to get he juices flowing and all settled before driving and have done in every car I have driven.

Hope this helps
m0rrthal
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 VW Polo 6C GTI

Post by m0rrthal »

C_Randell_23 wrote:By cold, how cold do you mean? Literally just after you turn the key and try to pull away? All cars no matter what, will run lumpy when they are on choke from a cold start, its easy to tell this as the car idles above 1.1k rpm and once the choke is off it idles around 800 rpm. To stop the lumpiness I ALLWAYS let the car idle for a minute on a cold start and never touch the throttle when the choke is on, waiting for the revs to drop before pulling away, this will stop any lumpy running for sure. The one occasion I was in a real hurry and had to pull away as I turned the key the car for the whole journey felt lumpy as it does not really settle itself. Also another point I am almost 99% sure that the car is designed not to make peak boost when the engine is cold to protect the engine and turbo as a cold engine is an un-lubricated engine. You should just try letting the engine idle as I always do and only ever put your foot down once the oil is atleast at 90 degrees, I have had 0 issues with mine and previous cars following these steps.

Regarding the engine cuting out, does it do this with the STOP- START turned off? my car sometimes seems like its cutting out at the lights but its just the stop stat cutting the engine out then restarting straight away as I am in between changing gears.
Yeah, I usually just turn the key and go straight away. The car behaves weird for just a minute or two, so probably you are right. I'll try to leave it idle next time and see if it will change anything.

My previous car was an old diesel Polo and to be honest, I was always leaving it idle to warm up. I just totally forgot about it, because new Polo behaved much much better when cold.
djbrad
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by djbrad »

I've had my new GTI for a few weeks now and I'm loving it apart from one issue, when I reverse then apply the brakes theres a click from the brakes and when i move off forward and first apply the brakes I get the same noise, it also happens occassionally when driving normally. I had the car back to the dealer yesterday and they confirmed what I thought that the pads are moving in the calipers but they have said that this is normal on new GTI's and the brakes just need to bed in. So I was wondering if others have had/have the same problem and if it resolved itself or did your delaer sort it out for you and if so what did they do to resolve it
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

djbrad wrote:I've had my new GTI for a few weeks now and I'm loving it apart from one issue, when I reverse then apply the brakes theres a click from the brakes and when i move off forward and first apply the brakes I get the same noise, it also happens occassionally when driving normally. I had the car back to the dealer yesterday and they confirmed what I thought that the pads are moving in the calipers but they have said that this is normal on new GTI's and the brakes just need to bed in. So I was wondering if others have had/have the same problem and if it resolved itself or did your delaer sort it out for you and if so what did they do to resolve it
Didn't have a click but had squeaking from brakes at low speed stops, it disappeared after about a thousand miles
C_Randell_23
Getting There!

Post by C_Randell_23 »

djbrad wrote:I've had my new GTI for a few weeks now and I'm loving it apart from one issue, when I reverse then apply the brakes theres a click from the brakes and when i move off forward and first apply the brakes I get the same noise, it also happens occassionally when driving normally. I had the car back to the dealer yesterday and they confirmed what I thought that the pads are moving in the calipers but they have said that this is normal on new GTI's and the brakes just need to bed in. So I was wondering if others have had/have the same problem and if it resolved itself or did your delaer sort it out for you and if so what did they do to resolve it
I had the same clicking noise and the brake squeak. now on 2,500 miles and both are gone
djbrad
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by djbrad »

C_Randell_23 wrote:
I had the same clicking noise and the brake squeak. now on 2,500 miles and both are gone
Thanks thats good to know, although with the miles I do it probably means I've got about a year of clicking brakes!