Big Turbo GTI build Redine mag front cover DYNO VID

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
flyfs6
Silver Member

Post by flyfs6 »

Legend...i remember your 9n Polo GT was done very nicely too and the Leon. Did you do the Cupra yourself too?
yorks GT TDI
Sponsor

Post by yorks GT TDI »

flyfs6 wrote:Legend...i remember your 9n Polo GT was done very nicely too and the Leon. Did you do the Cupra yourself too?
ya do it all myself thats all the fun
yorks GT TDI
Sponsor

Post by yorks GT TDI »

little update the diff is done and picking the cylinder head up from jabbasport monday night she should be back up and running sometme next well
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

cool! how ya gunna get it down there to map it?? How much was the diff and where you get it from im looking into fitting one! :wink:
yorks GT TDI
Sponsor

Post by yorks GT TDI »

whitegtipolo wrote:cool! how ya gunna get it down there to map it?? How much was the diff and where you get it from im looking into fitting one! :wink:
im building it back up on std turbo i want to do 2k on the new internals then it will be off to jabbasport for the turbo kit as it will have to be made as the turbo im having has not been fitted to a polo befor its bigger than the ihi kit

got the diff from my contact in the us hes ships as a gift so no import duty to pay cost me 420 quid but the exchange dropped a bit from when i payed for it i got 2 dollars to the pound :D

i can also confirm that the uprated clutch and singlemass flywheel fits

can sort some parts out if anyone is after anything
whitegtipolo

Post by whitegtipolo »

cool ill let ya know when the time arises!
yorks GT TDI
Sponsor

Post by yorks GT TDI »

all up and running now lsd it spot on time to put some miles on her
Jeff GTi
Platinum Member

Post by Jeff GTi »

how do you find the diff ?

it it any different to drive the car now? eg wheelspin, s/wheel auto return to centre? driving, does it FEEL different, and where are you based, im interested in 1
whitegtipolo

Post by whitegtipolo »

same here cos in the corners its spin tastic!!
Jeff GTi
Platinum Member

Post by Jeff GTi »

and just setting off, first gear is absolutely useless, even with the eagles they spin up with very little effort

standard diff cant tame those 223 horses and 277 ft/lb torques, haha, needs a proper diff, to show them who's boss
yorks GT TDI
Sponsor

Post by yorks GT TDI »

ive got really cheap tyres on at the min as i went for them as im planning on killing them when the turbo is fitted they spin very easy with normal power on my way home let it have some from stand still in first no spinning at all just tyre noise like it wanted to spin but cud not also its i totally different drive in coners drives were you put the steering wheel you can put your foot down as much as you like :wink:

based a few mile from sheffield
Jeff GTi
Platinum Member

Post by Jeff GTi »

is it a quaiffe or an atb diff?

iv enquired about the quaiffe one, and will probably look to doing something like that in the summer, need to get the retrim and christmas out of the way first
yorks GT TDI
Sponsor

Post by yorks GT TDI »

its a Peloquin planetary torsional differential made buy a one man band Gary Peloquin in usa i found it to be cheaper than the quaiffe also comes complete with the bearings bolts and seals which the quaiffe does not
Jeff GTi wrote:and just setting off, first gear is absolutely useless, even with the eagles they spin up with very little effort

standard diff cant tame those 223 horses and 277 ft/lb torques, haha, needs a proper diff, to show them who's boss
i want to run 400 should be fun
Jeff GTi
Platinum Member

Post by Jeff GTi »

how much can you get me one for??????
yorks GT TDI
Sponsor

Post by yorks GT TDI »

i payed 825 us plus shipping it all depends on the rate when you pay i got 2 to the pound was around 485 shipped