Gearbox

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Gillen
Gold Member

Re: Gearbox

Post by Gillen »

I'm still waiting for VW to give me a call about what they're doing, basically whether or not they can fix it under warranty.

The technician that i spoke to said if the synchro was completely shot, it would crunch EVERY TIME, regardless of revs. He said that the coating could have worn off or something if it is only doing it sometimes???
epanda
New

Post by epanda »

Best of luck mate. They said mine is "worn" and suggest replacement. I've just dropped it off with jct Wakefield, they agreed to replace it if they test it and feel it as necassery. Fingers crossed!

Hope they replace it for you. It's pretty poor having gearbox problems at such low mileage.
Gillen
Gold Member

Post by Gillen »

Waiting for VW to say if it'll be covered under warranty so then the garage can order the parts.
capo
New

Post by capo »

epanda wrote:Best of luck mate. They said mine is "worn" and suggest replacement. I've just dropped it off with jct Wakefield, they agreed to replace it if they test it and feel it as necassery. Fingers crossed!

Hope they replace it for you. It's pretty poor having gearbox problems at such low mileage.
Seeing you only bought it 18 days ago - well I'd be pretty gutted if I felt it had a major issue. Can't really tell how bad you feel it is from your posts. I've just looked up that JCT Wakefield (had never heard of it before) and it looks like a quite a big outfit.

I'm not sure if this is of interest/use to you. I have to assume there is accuracy to the information, with it being quite an official site.

Buying secondhand vehicles
This information applies to England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
If the vehicle develops a problem soon after you bought it, you may have a right to return the vehicle to the dealer and get your money back. This would probably need to be within about three to four weeks at the most of buying the vehicle. The problem would need to be fairly major, and you would need to take into account the age, mileage and price of the vehicle when deciding whether it is reasonable to take it back.

You must stop using the vehicle at once and contact the dealer. If you traded-in a vehicle, you are entitled to have it returned if it is still available, or to have the full value allowed on it, if it has been disposed of. If you have left it too late to claim a refund, or you don't want one, you may be entitled to ask for a repair or replacement. The fault must have been there when you bought the vehicle. If you do agree for a major fault to be repaired and the repair turns out to be unsatisfactory, it's not too late to ask for your money back.

If the dealer won't agree to put the problem right, you can take legal action up to six years from the date you bought the vehicle (five years in Scotland). However, it is probably unrealistic to take legal action for a fault in a secondhand vehicle, especially an older vehicle, once you have been using it for a reasonable length of time.

If you take the vehicle back within six months of buying it, the dealer should accept that there was a problem when the vehicle was sold and offer to repair or replace it. If the dealer doesn't accept that there was a problem when the vehicle was sold, they will have to prove this.
Continues here with lots of other info stuff
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/y ... ate_seller
epanda
New

Post by epanda »

Thanks for the information. They agreed to fix it as I only just got it aslong as there 100% sure it has a fault (which it does!)

Im obviously gutted about it because if they dont fix it theres no way I can afford to in the near future. Im just hoping to hear good news from them any day soon.

I stopped using it and took it to my local dealer who advised me to take it back to where I bought it, which I did. Can't see them having any issues with me getting my money back if they refuse to fix it. Ive only done about 400 miles in the thing!!
Gillen
Gold Member

Post by Gillen »

Vw have just authorised the repair of my gearbox under warranty, so happy! I wouldn't have been able to afford to repair it if they'd said no, nor would i have had time to argue with them to fix it!

Only took 2 weeks for the dealer to get a decision out of them :shock:
ghorne
New

Post by ghorne »

how much were they charging to fix the gearbox anyway? just wondering in case I end up with that problem. My warrentys gone now :lol:
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

If anyone is suffering from this problem i have a gearbox for sale in the for sale section.