Black Polo GTI 6 Speed. 390 BHP Build

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Re: Black Polo GTI 6 Speed. 320BHP. FOR SALE

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

Mr Blobby wrote: I thought it looked easy, was just checking before I accidentally muck up my engine XD So all you've got to do it put resistors in the end of the electrical connectors, put the blanking plate on the combi (did you take the stem out as well?) and run the dv off the manifold? that's it i think...
You get any codes pop up or had to get them mapped out?
That's correct resistors in, DV off manifold and put the blanking plate on the side of the head like the below images

You will get a code come up every 200 or so miles that's says something along the line of SAI pump incorrect flow.
I have had this mapped out now so don't get any codes :mrgreen:
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Re: Black Polo GTI 6 Speed. 320BHP.

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

Negotiated keeping the car so back to work 8)

Wheels up for sale as I've seen something else I want if anyone's interested they're in the for sale section.
Mr Blobby
Silver Member

Post by Mr Blobby »

9N3 Turbo wrote:You will get a code come up every 200 or so miles that's says something along the line of SAI pump incorrect flow.
Excellent, cheers for that, just a few more questions lol I promise they'll stop soon!
What size resistors did you use? the guys on watercooled austraila use 330ohm and they said it may be too low...
Do you know if the blanking plate will fit on the combi without taking the foot off?
And last one ha ive got revo softwear but im guessing I can ask my tuner to map it out, that shouldnt be a problem should it?

Im glad your keeping the car :) It would have been a shame to see it go to someone else!
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke »

Great News, looking forward to some more updates, and what wheels youve got planned for it 8)
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

Yeahhluke wrote:Great News, looking forward to some more updates, and what wheels you've got planned for it 8)
Got a great update coming soon but cant say too much and as for the wheels again watch this space :P
gti-joe
Silver Member
Drives: 6c Polo Blue GT

Post by gti-joe »

9N3 Turbo wrote:Negotiated keeping the car so back to work 8)

Wheels up for sale as I've seen something else I want if anyone's interested they're in the for sale section.

Woop woop. Onwards and upwards lad.
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

Mr Blobby wrote:
9N3 Turbo wrote:You will get a code come up every 200 or so miles that's says something along the line of SAI pump incorrect flow.
Excellent, cheers for that, just a few more questions lol I promise they'll stop soon!
What size resistors did you use? the guys on watercooled austraila use 330ohm and they said it may be too low...
Do you know if the blanking plate will fit on the combi without taking the foot off?
And last one ha ive got revo softwear but im guessing I can ask my tuner to map it out, that shouldnt be a problem should it?

I'm glad your keeping the car :) It would have been a shame to see it go to someone else!
I have some resistors if you're interested I have normal ones and the ones from Integrated engineering which mean no cutting or soldering

http://www.intengineering.com/integrate ... -plug.html

As for using REVO the only way to map them out is bespoke map as no one could do it for mine as it was running REVO
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

gti-joe wrote:
9N3 Turbo wrote:Negotiated keeping the car so back to work 8)

Woop woop. Onwards and upwards lad.

:wink:
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke »

9N3 Turbo wrote:
Yeahhluke wrote:Great News, looking forward to some more updates, and what wheels you've got planned for it 8)
Got a great update coming soon but cant say too much and as for the wheels again watch this space :P

Crack on then bud, im looking forward to it! :wink:
Mr Blobby
Silver Member

Post by Mr Blobby »

9N3 Turbo wrote:I have some resistors if you're interested I have normal ones and the ones from Integrated engineering which mean no cutting or soldering

http://www.intengineering.com/integrate ... -plug.html

As for using REVO the only way to map them out is bespoke map as no one could do it for mine as it was running REVO
The IE ones sounds good :)
Awesome ;) I'll look into that mapping and I'll order the blanking plate.
benmkiv
Platinum Member

Black Polo GTI 6 Speed. 320BHP.

Post by benmkiv »

Please say more power! :p
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

benmkiv wrote:Please say more power! :p
Funny you say that.

I have been speaking to Bill @ Badger 5 about turning the boost up so yes more power is on the cards just because I can :mrgreen:

Other than that I'm going to be working on the look of the car and the stance.
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

UPDATE lol

So the wheels have a buyer so as of next weekend i have no shoes for my baby so time to start playing.

You may remember a member off here (Shabar) had some projector headlamps in his GTI which we all loved.
Well I made it very clear to him I wanted them and if he ever put them up for sale I would have them no questions asked.
So last month I bought them off him as he was selling his Polo.

I wanted to split them and tidy up the painted areas and change the paint from gloss to matt so i recently split them apart so i could see how they were put together and get the plastics ready to be rubbed down and painted.

Got the lens off

Projector out

Even has wires for Bi-Zenon should I want to wire them up in this way

Projector cover

Reflector out

Empty casing

I'm now ready to rub down and paint the relevant parts then get them back together.

Watch this space.
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

looking good
BBBaboonface
Bronze Member

Post by BBBaboonface »

Awesome stuff! Glad youre keeping it, look forward to seeing more! 8)