Zoe's Candy 1.4 Match

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
AJ_7
Gold Member

Re: Zoe's Candy 1.4 Match

Post by AJ_7 »

Car looks fab :) HID kit looks pretty nice too, not a massive fan of aftermarket HID's but your pictures make me want some 8)
Enty
Getting There!
Drives: Candy 6R

Post by Enty »

Thankyou! :)

Yeah, they look much better than the standard yellow bulbs I think. Plus they're not blindingly bright or blue, they're just perfect so I'm very happy with them, money well spent! Would deffiantly reccommend :D
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Hiya Zoe
Are you still on VW insurance? Have you had to tell em your running hid lights? I just got a quote of £1495.45 :shock: from swinton insurance for

Wheels
Suspension
Tints
Lights.

Brentacre won't touch a standard car but with mods £1159.99 :shock:
Enty
Getting There!

Post by Enty »

I'm still on the insurance yeah, and I haven't told them about anything I've done to the car lol

I'm not planning on doing anything major like wheels/lowering until it runs out and I'm paying for my own, but everything I've done so far I think isn't really too big of a deal? :)
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Just found out that with Swinton insurance that after i make 4 payments i get £650 cash back :D Then i can go into store and hand it over to them and they lower the premium to £49.00 a month :D the insurance is with Highway, the same company Brentacre use but with no cash back.
Enty
Getting There!

Post by Enty »

Just a few snowy pics I took yesterday on my way home from work :D

The lights look a bit yellow but I guess it's because of the camera having to cope with all the white! (it is only a rubbish blackberry camera lol)

Dom.
Bronze Member

Post by Dom. »

Nice pics Zoe.
stuart.cameron
Bronze Member

Post by stuart.cameron »

Great photos! Looks like you've still got plently of snow, up here the only snow is a snowman in the neigbours garden :)
Enty
Getting There!

Post by Enty »

Thanks guys :D

Yeah the snow in the countryside is still pretty solid, it's all gone in the towns now though thankfully!
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Hiya Zoe

How do you find driving at night now? Is there much improvement now you have HID? :D
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

like the pics
Enty
Getting There!

Post by Enty »

SAMBA VAN MAN wrote:Hiya Zoe

How do you find driving at night now? Is there much improvement now you have HID? :D
I'd say the light is much crisper/whiter! Can only really notice when you're somewhere without street lamps though.

Defiantly like them more than standards though.

Plus when driving on motorways/dual carriageways, people seem to move over for you to overtake! Probably think its some big fast BMW or whatever, then the little polo goes flying by haha! :)

Also update for now is that I bought one of the Audi chrome exhaust tips! It looks much nicer, although I'm a bit unsure of how to fit it properly!
I have got it on now, but it has these spikey ended clips inside which hold it in place, but you can see them! So maybe I will have to clamp them down or something...
Will post pics when I get chance :)
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Enty wrote:
SAMBA VAN MAN wrote:Hiya Zoe

I'd say the light is much crisper/whiter! Can only really notice when you're somewhere without street lamps though.

Defiantly like them more than standards though.

Plus when driving on motorways/dual carriageways, people seem to move over for you to overtake! Probably think its some big fast BMW or whatever, then the little polo goes flying by haha! :)
I agree with you on that point above...driving at night is so much better with a HID kit fitted, the road ahead it lit up much better and you can see further, barely ever need to flick on full beam. Also the point about other cars moving over for you is so true! I went past a group of R-drivers last night and you could see them braking and being more cautious cause they thought I was a police car (as they all have xexon bulbs around here). Its like having more authority on the road :L
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Hiya Zoe

Yeah it would be good to see your Audi tip :D Is it pushed on enough?
Donny
New

Post by Donny »

All you do with the tips are hit it with palm of your hand really hard, fitted loads just abit of brute force. they're just push fit.