ciclo's Polo. R-line 1.2 TSI 90hp 119gr.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: ciclo's Polo. R-line 1.2 TSI 90hp 119gr.

Post by iichel »

That thing needs rolling indicators!
jammydodger
Silver Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by jammydodger »

Hello Ciclo,

I hope you're well, I'd firstly like to thank you for all of your help with your guides and helping me waste my money on mods lol :D

I was wondering if you could help me, I have purchased a set of replica 6R Bi-Xenon headlights which I trial fitted to my 6C.

They work perfectly except the LED DRL's only work as the indicator and the indicator themselves work as the sidelights (see video) I presume I will need to remove the pins from the headlight connector for the sidelights and indicators and swap them around to get them to work correctly? Do you know which pins I need to swap on the connector?

Thank you for any help you can provide Ciclo :)
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

...crazy lights Image

Swaps wires 9 and 10.

the effects of dark matter
http://voidlive.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... /imrs.jpeg :lol:
jammydodger
Silver Member

Post by jammydodger »

ciclo wrote:...crazy lights Image

Swaps wires 9 and 10.

the effects of dark matter
http://voidlive.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... /imrs.jpeg :lol:
Thank you so much Ciclo!!!

It looked cool having the indicators as sidelights but the LED's will look even better :D
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Tell us the result set ... :wink:

jammydodger, on the other hand I think is very interesting installing xenon headlights you have made in your Polo 6C.
Have you noticed improvement over halogen headlights 6C?
I would like to know where you bought xenon headlamps with 10-pin socket.
Do you have a link?

That information can be valuable for others who want to make the same change. :roll:
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

Dear Ciclo,
i believe China is the main source for the replica Bi-xenons
Refer
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-VW-P ... 54008.html

I've been thinking the same thing as well, coz it's much more cheaper rather than spending alot on all the required accessories for the original bi-xenon (AFL, sensors, new BCM etc)

But I heard that the replica will cause some electrical failures somewhere in the long run (due to diff current/voltage maybe..) and some reported that the first thing will get the fault is the wiper module.. not sure.

It's good if our friend upthere can share the performance of the replica bi-xenon, and share if it does have any impact on the car electronics. looking forward for those!!!
jammydodger
Silver Member

Post by jammydodger »

I will certainly post up my results once fully installed :)

I am still waiting for a HID kit to arrive and a Pin connector release tool and I'm good to go!

I purchased these lights from eBay, they are the same ones that JayW purchased earlier in your thread from link however the headlights wouldn't work at all with the harness' provided so I tried without and they worked a lot better excluding the issues above lol

The only thing I'm concerned about is the fuses, the ones currently installed are 40amp Jcase fuses. Will these be okay considering the 6R headlights only used a 10amp standard fuse?
lxm
Bronze Member

Post by lxm »

Jammy

I think those replica lights are cool although I'm disappointed that 100% of them do not operate like VW's in terms of the LED's.... In the replicas the LEDs are sidelights and not DRL's.

I think If I was you and owned a set I would be wiring the 'sidelight' LED's to my pin 3 connector in the light switch, this should have them switch on with the ignition and with light switch at '0' therefor a more realistic DRL function

I would appreciate if you could upload a video of full operation, a little better quality than the last video :D
iichel

Post by iichel »

Looks like someone's selling your bodywork :D

http://link.marktplaats.nl/m907299080
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Hey guys, thanks for the inputs so that I can better understand these replica xenon.

jammydodger, please, can you take a picture of the Jcase fuses?

It would be very interesting to measure the consumption of each headlamp with a multimeter and with all connected lights (high beam, low beam, side light, indicator).
Measurement just where the fuse is connected.
iichel wrote:Looks like someone's selling your bodywork :D

http://link.marktplaats.nl/m907299080
What the hell is going on here? Image
iichel

Post by iichel »

Probably someone googled 'Awesome Polo 6R R-Line' and got your photo :p

The funny thing is, yours is candy white and they advertise with reflex silver... :roll:
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

reflex silver :lol:

I do not sell my R-line because its price can not be estimated, and also because I need to make more mods and show you all. :mrgreen:
Please iichel will report it to the web to take appropriate action.
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

thanks ciclo! I'm sure u gonna dig something out for us, if these replicas are good to go, its gonna be the next mod!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
diskoboy
Getting There!
Drives: 1.6 TDI BMT

Post by diskoboy »

ciclo wrote:
[b][color=#0000FF]beatty599[/color][/b] wrote:Seems like this would be up your street Ciclo http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VW-Volks ... 2.html?s=p
Thank you very much for the link, very interesting with many functions. (special mention to originality of the pushbutton :) )

I think it's a good mod for those who do not have most of the features offered :shock: , especially for those who do not have the remote. e.g Domjames (PM)
For keyless asked me diskoboy of Denmark forum, perhaps he is interested. (I am not registered in Denmark forum, please, Peter or Martin, warns to diskoboy about this)

I appreciate your advice. 8)
Hi Ciclo,
I've got a PM from Martin - thanks.
I'm stilling looking at it - don't know about the security / immobilizer if it's a problem.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

diskoboy wrote: Hi Ciclo,
I've got a PM from Martin - thanks.
I'm stilling looking at it - don't know about the security / immobilizer if it's a problem.
Hi diskoboy, must study it thoroughly, the immobilizer is a sensitive issue. :wink:
benzinkopf wrote:thanks ciclo! I'm sure u gonna dig something out for us, if these replicas are good to go, its gonna be the next mod!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The problem of these replica xenon headlights is that they do not have two different electrical systems for parking lights and DRLs. Manufacturer uses LEDs as parking lights exclusively, therefore does not make sense to run a wire from the light switch.

Simplest thing you can do to run the leds of these replica xenon as DRLs (with light switch "0") is to activate the byte12 bit0 with VCDS, parking lights ON with terminal 15 ON (Nordic Mode), but in this way the rear parking lights also be running simultaneously.

Authentic DRLs are possible with OEM xenon headlights because they have two different electrical systems for parking lights and DRLs, irrespective of these two electrical systems use same LEDs module.

Why is it this way?

Because POLO 6R with halogen headlamps share the same electrical wiring for parking lights, front and rear, however POLO 6R with factory xenon headlights have one electrical wiring to rear parking lights and other one different to front parking lights, plus other for DRLs.